Rossco's journal

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

dresende
Rabbit

Re: Rossco's journal

#1096 Postby dresende » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi my friend.
It's good to be back nice to see y all.
All the best

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1097 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:48 am

Sup everyone?
Been a real long time since I've popped on here but I really miss you guys and wanted to see how everyone was getting on! :)

Not sure if I went into much detail the last time I checked in but I am unfortunately no longer vegan, still meat free and an advocate for animal rights and always will be.
Things kind of went downhill when I realised I was becoming/had become extremely intolerant to a lot of beans and legumes.. Especially soya which was a massive boner kill considering I ate it so much and it made up such a massive part of my diet, I can kind of stomach broad beans but anything else including chickpeas ( :'( ) and soya is off limits unless I want extreme discomfort and er... Toilet issues.....

Anyways, have never stopped lifting and the fickle bugger that I am I've tried everything and switched back and forth from bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman and even calisthenics.
Currently I'm doing.. Well.. All of the above I suppose, a few good friends come round every other day for weight training sessions in my garden.
I'm training myself with the goals of getting bigger and stronger, the two day split comsists of

Day A: Squats, Bench press, Dips, shoulder pressing/clean and jerks.

Day B: Deadlifts (lots of) Aussie pull-ups, farmer carries and grip exercises, bicep curls (just to please the others...)
This is all subject to change, the big compound stuff is always consistent but other exercises get thrown in time to time.
Anyways, for those I'm not friends wit on Facebook/Instagram, I got engaged to my girlfriend a couple months back, we've been together 7 years now :) planning on getting married June next year or maybe 2017,
Come say hey guys would love to catch up!
Last edited by vegan_rossco on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1098 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:02 am

Thought I May as well post my last couple of sessions;

Wednesday:
Barbell bench press
(After warm ups)
60kg x 12 reps
70kg x 10 reps
95kg x 1 reps
50kg x 20 reps

Barbell Squats
(After warming up)
60kg x 10 reps
80kg x 10 reps
130kg x 2 reps
140kg x 1 rep
50kg x 20 reps
140kg felt so easy, could have/would have gone heavier if I wasn't so beat..

Circus dumbbell style presses.
25kg x 8 each arm
35kg x 5 each arm
35kg x 5 each arm

Dips (bench dips) totally lost count, everyone sort of took turns until we could bend our arms haha

Friday:
Deadlifts
(After warming up)
60kg x 10 reps
90kg x 8 reps
90kg x 8 reps
130kg x 5 reps
130kg x 5 reps
90kg x 12 reps

Aussies (inverted rows) , did roughly 50 but lost count.

Barbell shrugs
35kg x 25 reps
35kg x 30 reps
45kg x 25 reps
45kg x 25 reps

Was pretty much fucked from the deadlifts so wrote the rest of the session off aha.

Next session is tomorrow, and I'm going for a squat pb.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#1099 Postby HIT Rob » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Hey mate, hows it going man?

Congrats on your engagement, thats Brillant:)

Trainings going well aswell I see, keep it up

Best
Rob

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

#1100 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Great to see you back Ross, congrats on the engagement !!

Look forward to following along in here again MF.

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1101 Postby vegan_rossco » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks chaps!

All good my end cheers rob, how's things with you? :)

Training was sub par today.. No one seemed enthusiastic (myself included) and I just didn't give it my best at all. Anyways,

Barbell bench press (after warm ups)
40Kg x 15 reps
50Kg x 12 reps
70Kg x 8 reps
75Kg x 7 reps
90Kg x 3 reps
45Kg x 21 reps

Barbell Squats
(After warm ups)
50kg x 15 reps
90Kg x 9 reps
110Kg/ 242lbs x 5 reps
50Kg x 12 reps

Did some proper dips but barely bust out around 6 or 7 reps per set, for about 4 sets..

Seated dumbbell shoulder presses
15Kg x 20 reps each arm
22.5Kg x 8 reps each arm
22.5Kg x 8 reps each arm

Triceps extensions
22.5Kg x failure (lost count)
Skull crushers
22.5Kg x failure (20 ish...)

Going to the park with friends on Thursday to do loads of calisthenics and sprints,
Hopefully that'll break up the Minotomy of my current training routine.

esqinchi
Elephant

#1102 Postby esqinchi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Aha the prodigal son returns! Good to see you on here mate, and glad you are well. Congrats on the engagement, but I think I already said that! Looks like you are doing well. What else is new? Glad your training has been going strong. How's work? What else?

You guys going to have a big wedding? Ours was about 50 people. Perfect size in my opinion. Must be a very exciting time!

Good to see you back again mate!

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1103 Postby vegan_rossco » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:47 am

Sup Chris! Aha yeah you did thank you :) it's so exciting but a little scary, neither of us our in a strong financial position but we may never be so fuck it it's what we wanna do aha, nah nice and small I think, maybe a big reception with just drinks and dancing.
Will pop over to your journal shortly dude would be cool to see what you're throwing around these days :)

Nothing much else is new really bud just same old, looking for a better job and spending time with the family, things okay your side of the pond? One of my best friends is living in New York at the moment and got himself a wife and baby, so me and Charlotte are pretty desperate to come over to the states haha

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#1104 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:32 am

Bar my lot (loyalists) letting themselves down rioting again during marching season, that and were not getting much in the way of a summer..all good:)

Do you still look after the bats? Been doing a lot this weather to help with the stray sea front cats in my home town (Bangor), the local council has been dying to get them put down for years now, however because a group of us have claimed them and look after them they cant touch them:)

Take it easy mate (by the way, dem pipes are getting bigger ).
Rob

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1105 Postby vegan_rossco » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Oh shit you not getting good weather? I swear the Isle of Wight seems to have its own micro climate it's been like 25-30 Celsius most of the time bar the last few days being a bit drizzly and overcast.

I'm still in contact with the bat hospital and am still pursuing a career in animal rehab and rescue but haven't had a chance to go help out with them for s while now :(
That's so cool man, think you mentioned that before, such a rewarding and selfless thing to do :) you guys got funding or is it off your own backs?

Haha thanks man yeah I've noticed some nice size gains! Trying to develop my rear delts and back atm

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1106 Postby vegan_rossco » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:33 am

Today was nuts, calisthenics also kind of cardio,
After a 6 hour shift I walked with a friend for about 5 miles to a park with loads of high bars/parrarlel bars and stuff like that,

This is all rough estimation as I totally lost count of everything

Pull ups
X 8 reps
X 7 reps
X 6 reps
X 6 reps
X 4 reps

Negatives

Parrarlel dips
X 6, x 6, x 6, x 6, x 6

Aussie pull ups (inverted rows)
X 12, x12, x 10, x 12, x 13!

Horizontal dips
X 7, x 7, x 7!

Push ups (slight decline)
X 15, x 15, x 15, x 15!

All was fine except for grip problems (dam my tiny wrists) and we had no chalk..
Also, kids everywhere... So annoying, they were swinging around the bars, getting in the way and generally staring and distracting.. Need to do these kind of workouts later at night..
Also could have done more if it wasn't for work and the walk before hand..

Anyways, deadlift day on Saturday!

Dinner tonight is
3 large sweet potatoes, loads of kale, and a couple of veggie style fish cakes!
Protein powder, bcaas and 'super greens' powder.

esqinchi
Elephant

#1107 Postby esqinchi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Are you secretly Frank Medrano? :lol: That's some decent work there man, you must be shredded! Good luck going into deadlift day. :boxer:

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1108 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:54 am

Ooooosh frank medrano is a beast! I did actually try to do a muscle up.... Impossibly hard haha

Had a deadlift only day with a couple of friends on Saturday and went out about 2 hours later to my 2005 reunion (not high school just the guys I hung out with whilst in high school) maybe il post a couple of photos haha..so I was soon hUngover yesterday and despite this my girlfriend had to manage her dance academy at Rythm tree festival and I had to go with, was nice to see her perform though! And there was a lot of veggie food, (Rythm tree is a crusty hippy festival lol) so not all bad!

Anyways,

Deadlifts!!

After s lot of warming up....

50kg x 20 reps
90kg x 1 rep
100kg x 1 rep
130kg x 1 rep (286lb)
145kg x 1 rep (320lb)
165kg x 1 rep (363lb)
90kg x ... Not sure, a lot though, kind of just burnt myself into oblivion and had the biggest head rush ever, at least 15 reps though!!!

I tried the lighter weights with semi sumo deadlifts like my hero ed coen! It's pretty comfortable and seems to help with my rounding back... Il work on it!
Should be train bench today, maybe squats..

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1109 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:10 am

Euuuurggghhhh... I spent all morning on the sofa and flaked on training with my friends...
It was pissing down with rain all morning (still is) and my head was and still is pounding... But I absolutely refused not to at least do something today.

Despite the rain, I trained my semi sumo stance on deadlifts and tried to get some flexibility in my hips, I still fucking brought it though!!! No chalk, no belt, in sheet rain with bare feet shorts and vest haha!!

60kg x 5 reps
90kg x 5 reps
110kg x 5 reps (242lbs)
110kg x 5 reps
110kg x 5 reps
110kg x 5 reps
130kg x 1 rep (286lbs)
130kg x 2 reps (286lbs)

I can't stop thinking about cutting some fat.. I feel a bit self conscious at times and always consider getting my abs visible again...
And then I think about food and say fuck that.

So here's a little update on my lifts, weight etc.

Bench press is up to 105kg (231lbs) this is definitely an absolute max at the mo.

Squat is up to 140kg (308lbs) but I'm very confident I can hit at least 155/160kg (340/352lbs)

Deadlift is still at 175kg (385lbs) but that's all I have in terms of weights at home...
Next month at some point I'm getting a day pass at my friends gym and going to test my max, I keep telling my friends I could hit 200kg (440lbs) but in reality I think I could hit something like 185kg (407lb)

Currently my body weight is sitting around 85kg (187lbs) but at one point I was 92kg (202lbs) haha

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1110 Postby vegan_rossco » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:19 am

Both my training partners bailed on me today so motivation was low and energy was too...
I had to bench with my spotter catchers on which I dislike.. Makes me feel uncomfortable... But whatever.

Bench press
20kg x 20 reps
50kg x 10 reps
75kg (165lbs) x 5 reps
75kg x 5 reps
75kg x 5 reps
75kg x 4 reps
50kg x 15 reps

Close grip bench,
20kg x 15 reps
40kg x 12 reps
40kg x 13 reps
40kg x 13 reps
40kg x 13 reps

Finished up with some overhead pressing and some dips, didn't track any weight or reps though!
Hoping to get some squats in at the weekend but I have a feeling it'll have to wait until Monday... I'm hoping to hit s new 1rm on squat so need both my training partners!!

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”