Rossco's journal

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

vegan_rossco
Batman

Re: Rossco's journal

#1171 Postby vegan_rossco » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:26 am

Hahaha I know man, but a pizza/couple of ciders or wine on a Saturday night is not something I'm willing to drop, especially if I'm feeling miserable, it's gotta be done :p

Well I tried HIT before but didn't like the amount of rest in between workouts so a conventional programme suits me better, im going to do Jim Stoppanis shortcut to size programme with a friend of mine but with a few variations,
For example his programme prescribes no pull ups on back day just last pull downs :s and no dips on chest day!... I'm not saying I know better than him but jeez man what the hell..

Training very shortly, gonna give day 1 of shortcut to size a trial run and see how it feels
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1172 Postby vegan_rossco » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Absolutely loved training! Wasn't as strong as I suspected but I'm not used to doing high reps with high volume!

Back to my usual training regiment until October!

Shortcut to size day 1 (trial run)
Chest and triceps

Barbell bench press
50Kg x 15 reps
50Kg x 13 reps
50Kg x 13 reps
50Kg x 15 reps
Rest pause + 6 more reps

Barbell incline bench press
35Kg x 15 reps
35Kg x 15 reps
35Kg x 12 reps
Rest pause + 5 more reps

Dumbbell flys
10kg x 15 reps
10Kg x 15 reps
10Kg x 15 reps
Rest pause + 8 more reps

Triceps extensions (overhead)
17.5Kg x 15 reps
17.5Lg x 15 reps
17.5Kg x 14 reps
Rest pause + 6 more reps

Skull crushers
17.5Kg x 15 reps
17.5 Kg x 15 reps
17.5 Kg x 15 reps
Rest pause + 5 more reps

Calf raises
4 sets of 30 reps with 2x10Kg plates
Rest pause on last set + 15 reps

Really enjoyed it, am looking forward to October!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#1173 Postby HIT Rob » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:55 pm

vegan_rossco wrote:Hahaha I know man, but a pizza/couple of ciders or wine on a Saturday night is not something I'm willing to drop, especially if I'm feeling miserable, it's gotta be done :p

Well I tried HIT before but didn't like the amount of rest in between workouts so a conventional programme suits me better, im going to do Jim Stoppanis shortcut to size programme with a friend of mine but with a few variations,
For example his programme prescribes no pull ups on back day just last pull downs :s and no dips on chest day!... I'm not saying I know better than him but jeez man what the hell..

Training very shortly, gonna give day 1 of shortcut to size a trial run and see how it feels

Miserable or not, a wee drop of something wet now and then does ya no harm :wink:

Brian Johnston isn really HIT per se, he advocates training 3x per week and mostly not training to failure. The techniques he developed focus on optimizing hypertrophy by producing more contractions per unit of time (high density), this is of huge value to the natural bodybuilder, as we dont rely on recovery inhancing drugs.

But ethier way, best of luck with whatever appoarch you go with:)

Rob

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1174 Postby vegan_rossco » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:07 am

The Mrs is performing at 'Bestival' here on the Isle of Wight, she's dancing on the port stage with the likes of 'skrillex' and some other artists I hate haha, which means I have the house to myself for the weekend!!! I'm gonna go look at a rowing machine I saw recently, I figure once I've bought it there's nothing she can do about it right??? I'll start planning my funeral immediately after..

Haven't really trained since Tuesday but I've been very very active At work.. My dreams have been super weird and vivid, I was told it was something to do with my CNS not being fully recovered... I'm planning to do some deadlifts shortly but won't go too heavy because of that.

Also I'm planning to go on a bit of a bender this weekend.. I think the rowing machine will help shed some unwanted calories obtained from the alcohol and bad eating, I don't want to set myself back too much.
Anyways weighed in at 79Kg this morning :D am gonna try carb back loading on days that I'm able to, I'm stoked!

esqinchi
Elephant

#1175 Postby esqinchi » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:18 pm

I say get it and teach her to use it, say it does wonders for toning arms ;). My wife actually loves the rower, and I thought she wouldn't. Sounds like a grand weekend ahead of you mate - have fun!

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1176 Postby vegan_rossco » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Just finished training and I'm about to go carb crazy!

Deadlifts (sumo)
60Kg x 20 reps
90Kg x 10 reps
110Kg x 8 reps
110Kg x 8 reps
110Kg x 7 reps
110Kg x 7 reps

Having a bit of trouble with back rounding, I filmed all the sets and was shocked at my form... :/

Finished off with a bunch of pull ups, didn't have much in me to be honest and called it off here.

Yeah I think I will Chris :) there's a second hand one for only 30 quid that I've seen in a charity shop so money won't be the problem.
Yeah I reckon she'll like it once shes used it, and worst case scenario il store it in the shed when it's not in use ;)

My best mates birthday today so off for pizza and ciders in an hour or so! Will post a pic of the rower when I get it :D

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1177 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Wow. So my weekend binge at home took a pretty dramatic turn,
My dad and step mum had tickets to the bestival (big 3 day festival here on the island) but they had enough by Saturday night so gave their wristbands to me and a friend, I got to watch my fiancé backing dancing for really big Djs in front of tens of thousands of people.. Just breathtaking, it was such a proud moment!
Spent all of Saturday night totally hammered.. Got home at 4am with a big portion of chips from a dodgy takeaway place. Spend half of Sunday throwing up.. And the other half drunk and eating terrible food.
Barely ate anything the whole time though tbh.. Had work all day today and have no energy so I treated myself to plenty of food and I'm resting up for now.
Will likely train tomorrow once I've recovered ahah

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#1178 Postby HIT Rob » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:10 pm

Sounds like ya had a good night out on the tiles:))

Why is it chips taste like the food of the gods when weve had a few too many???

vegan_rossco
Batman

#1179 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Hey everyone, hope everything's cool! Will catch up with you all shortly I'm sure, been awol for a while as persusual... But I've still been training just not logging,
Gonna use this to keep a log of my workouts from now on as Ive been on a programme for 4 weeks now and have no log of what I've done...

Here was the last workout of week 4, Saturday leg day! 3-5 days, heaviest day!!

Barbell squats
110Kg /242lbs
X 5 reps
X 4 reps
X 4 reps
X 4 reps
Drop set
90kg/198lbs x 5 reps

Deadlifts
150Kg/330lbs
X 3 reps
X 4 reps
X 3 reps
X 3 reps
Drop set 110kg/242 x 3 reps

One legged leg press
130kg/286lbs x 5 reps per leg
140kg/308lbs x 5 reps per leg
140Kg x 5 reps per leg
Drop set
110kg x 6 reps per leg

Leg curls
140kg x 5 reps
160Kg x 5 reps
160Kg x 5 reps
Drop set
130kg x 7 reps

Leg extensions
140kg x 5 reps
160kg x 5 reps
160kg x 5 reps
Drop set
120kg x 5 reps

Finished with abs

Will post today's workout later

esqinchi
Elephant

#1180 Postby esqinchi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Good to see you back mate. How's the wedding planning going? Out of your mind yet? lol Hope you guys are well!

ps. Nice deadlifts!

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”