Viking training

Maybe a grandiose name for what I will be documenting here, I am essentially still trying to work out (ha ha) what I enjoy doing and sticking to it.

Warm up:

pushups- 20x4

DB shoulder press

20kg x 10x 2

30kgx 8x 3

35kg x 10

40kgx 8x 2

40kgx 7

25kgx 20

Lateral raise/ front raise SS

10x10 each

rear delt raise

15kg 10x10

shrugs:

90kgx 10x5

pushups: 20

crunch-20

wide pushup- 20

crunch-20

knuckle push-20

crunch-20

diamond pushup-20

crunch 20

I really enjoyed this session, shoulders are my favourite body part to work on. I especially love the pump I get on my traps(?) it feels like good, healthy, hard-work.

I worked my legs yesterday. They have that awesome still pumped as hell feeling today and my appetite has gone crazy.

Warm up: bw squats for 30seconds, rest, repeat

lunges:

40kgx 12 x 2

50kgx 15x 2

60kgx 20 x 6

SLDL

80kg x10x 6

60kgx 25

Goblet squat

40kgx 30x 4

Leg curls and extensions to finish.

Calf raise: 80kgx 20x5

seated raise: 50kgx 20x 3 (nice and slow)

Fancied some cardio this morning

Rowing machine:

slow start to get the heart going for maybe 5 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of super intense trying to break the machine on the toughest setting. Then about an hour and a half at a good regular pace. Might do chest later after I obliterate my food supplies.

I LOVE training back! But something is holding me back right now, maybe it got wasted during my leg workout.

warmup- pullups 12x2

deadlift- 80- 160-180-190-200

200x1x 10

weighted chins- +40kg fail

+30 x1x2

Oh hamburgers!

DB row 40kg 15x4

DB row 40kg x10 30kgx10 20kgx8 (superset?) Is it a superset if it is the same exercise but a lighter weight? I just keep a line of DBs and grab a lighter one when I can't do another.

concentration curl- 10kg-20x4

save it for another day....

My shoulder just wasn't moving right, I had clicking and grinding and pain when I tried to bench. I did not warm up my rear delts before playing, my rotators probably need some strengthening too so that's probably why. It just wasn't working. I did some light bench work in the hope I could consider it a warm-up and kill some flys, but my bicep started giving me trouble with those. Lots of little things!

I don't start work til later so this morning was a good opportunity to get a sweat on.

pushups -20

crunch- 20

wide push-20

crunch-20

knuckles-20

crunch-20

diamond push- 20

hindu squat- 40

bridge-30sec

hindu squat-40

bridge-30sec

rest 1 minute

pullups- 12

hindu squat- 20

pullups-12

hindu squat-20

pullups-20

hindu squat- 20

burpees- 10s I don't remember how many sets.

I went for a walk/run through muddy fields and hills today, I got really dirty and pushed myself so hard my lungs were burning. Good stuff

Later on (after some serious eating) I did some leg work.

Walking lunge with bar; front, back, side-to-side.

lunges:

40kg 10x4

60kgx10x2

squat:

110kgx5

150kgx5

170kgx5

180kgx3x2

90kgx15x4

Deadlifts (supposed to be SLDL but I couldn't keep straight)

90kgx10x4

80kgx10x4

Leg ext- 40kgx30x4

leg curl-40kgx20x4

Calf raise: 80kgx 20x5

I think that's right, I am writing this the morning after with not much sleep. My legs frickin hurt!

Oh I forgot, I threw in a BW session after this one.

Note: I have a list of BW workouts that I throw in at the end of nearly all my weight sessions, usually they will tear up whatever body parts I didn't work.

BW WO 1

pushups-20

crunch-20

wide push-20

crunch-20

knuckle push-20

crunch

diamond push-20

(repeat as able)

hindu squat- 30seconds

bridge-30 seconds

Repeat 3-4x

pullups-30 seconds

leg lifts-30 seconds

x3-4

25 pushups

50 squats

5-10 pullups

25 situps

repeat as desired

20 bw squat

5 ohp

10 pushup

10 crunch

30sec bridge

rpt

Sometimes I will do all of it once just to keep things interesting, or add/replace an exercise.

After yesterday's sesh I added #1

I'm getting bored with this today, lifting felt good, but it is really taking my energy away from much more important shit.

Warmup- cleans

60x5

80x5

90x5

Deadlift

180x5x2

190x5

205x1

205x2

215x1x5

I'm still pretty sure there is more in me if my grip gets just a bit better.

Milipress:

60x10x2

80x8x3

90x5x2

Went for a short, chilled-the-fuck-out walk after and ate while looking over some beautiful hills.

Walked a while. There's a place on a hill overlooking the most beautiful valley with chocolate box villages dotted in the trees and fields. I like to sit there and just reflect. Sometimes I will sit there for a couple of hours and something will just dawn on me and unlock a whole trail of thought, that existed in my mind but was never explored. I might realize a whole trail of rabbit-holes in my mind that give me a whole new perspective in life. Like when you have that great idea before you fall asleep and wake up and forget it, except completely lucid and I remember it.

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks off and I still look and feel awesome. I ran into some folks from the gym and their attitude about me not turning up without good reasons was not positive, I can see why really. I just don't share that enthusiasm, I think it is awesome that so many of you on here are so dedicated to what you do (Synny!)

Walked a while. There's a place on a hill overlooking the most beautiful valley with chocolate box villages dotted in the trees and fields. I like to sit there and just reflect. Sometimes I will sit there for a couple of hours and something will just dawn on me and unlock a whole trail of thought, that existed in my mind but was never explored. I might realize a whole trail of rabbit-holes in my mind that give me a whole new perspective in life. Like when you have that great idea before you fall asleep and wake up and forget it, except completely lucid and I remember it.

I really enjoyed reading that post, reminds me of what I used to be able to do before the kids came along. Sounds a pretty cool experience and I bet you get a lot out of that.

Walking/easy running is great for clearing the mind and getting the endorphins going again. Keep up with the training as well, you're going good. Enjoy your weekend MF.