Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: VeganBeast Fitness training log
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:12 pm 
Elephant

No. Well kind of. As soon as I wake up, I take a protein drink (Raw Protein Powder and Plain Brown Rice Milk) to get the "fires" going again after about 8 hours of fasting during sleep. This is usually at 6AM or 7AM, and then I do chores around the house till 8AM (when the sun finally rises up for me) and take off then. So I have about 2 hours or less to quickly digest rice milk and get the protein into my system. I usually can empty my bladder and colon before I take off for my trail jog, so I feel like I have an empty stomach and a lightness in my steps. :D
I usually eat a meal at 8 PM, so my glycogen is stored up for the next day's cardio. The only thing that stops me is my Legs. I did a grueling Quad workout yesterday, so today it was just a walk around the block to get the blood flowing thru the muscles, and the sun was out (which is light therapy for me during these grey winter months).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:28 pm 
Elephant

Today's morning cardio was a walk around the block (1 hour walk, approximately 2 miles+). Heavy Leg Press yesterday: new PB of 22 45 lbs plates on the Press with a set of 10 reps (not full ROM, but I did move it 4 or 5 inches, without my butt coming off the back, and with a yoga block between my knees to keep a narrow stance! Last time I had to do my usual wide Power Squat stance to push it up for 8 reps!).

Today's PB was for Chest, on the HammerStrength Incline Chest Press Machine: 180lbs for a set of 10 reps! But that was all. I did my usual weights and reps for what I did last time. I guess that is good, as these PB's were both my first exercise of the workouts, so I gave it all up in the beginning, and then maintained.

Because I had did Legs yesterday, my weight went back up. I could actually feel all the blood pooling in my thighs during my workout. On my last sets, I had to bend down and get some blood up into my brain, so I wouldn't pass out - I wonder if I looked like I was going to hurl during my intense Leg workout? LOL! At least I did not see little pretty white lights like I did last time on the Leg Press (that is scary to me - it happened when I was trying with all my might to push the 22 45's up with a narrow stance last time, but it went away after a couple of seconds).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:13 am 
Elephant

Next day, the sky is gray again. It is still warm, and the sidewalks and the paved part of the trail looks to be free of puddles (Vibrams are not waterproof, but being in the summer and splashing thru a puddle is different than splashing thru a puddle when it is winter and only 45 degrees outside). Legs have residual DOMS, just around the knees. They may get more fatigued after my morning cardio run, but it is only Arms today at the gym - and I can do those sitting if I have to ^.^...
Already had the warmed up Rice Milk with protein powder drink this morning (missing my wheat germ oil - for the Vitamin E and Squalene, and probably other phytonutrients that I have yet to read about that is in the oil - they were all out at Whole Foods this week), and have cleared my colon and bladder. Ready to suit up (thermal leggings and thermal running top and thermal hat) and off I go into the gray wilderness.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 pm 
Elephant

My morning cardio was a 5 mile trail jog up the Hill to the High School and back. The sidewalks were all clear and it was just as I was doing the turn around up at the High School that I went off the sidewalk (a big block of snow left from something that left it in the middle of the sidewalk around school) and got my feet wet. I was already hot from the run, so it did not detour me any - in fact my feet were pretty warm and dry by the time I got back home.
After eating a late breakfast, I fell back to sleep for a long nap for some reason. I also have had phlegm in the back of my throat just recently. Maybe I am detoxing from being behind a Diesel School Bus, and had gotten several good breaths of the noxious fumes it emits while driving behind it too close! Or it is from the soy protein isolate that I have been allowing myself to eat lately (Gardein products). This morning's cardio and long nap seems to have taken care of most of it. Though, I did not eat any Gardein today. I will try something tomorrow if I am all better in the morning to see if it is the Gardein products.
I got ready to head to the gym around 3PM to work on Arms. I was still slow in moving, and I went thru the sets slowly, and pushed myself with the contraction part of the movement since it was Arms. Used resistance bands on the Narrow Grip Chest Press to work my triceps more eccentrically, but I did not notice that much of a difference between using the bands and not using them (just extra pressure from the bands themselves). I will see if I have more DOMS than usual in my Triceps tomorrow.
VeganBeast came out of me today. Some older teenagers were hording the 70lbs EZ barbell, and doing their 8 reps with it, while supersetting with some other bodypart sets at various places around the gym. I just waited when they were not using it, went over and did my warmup set of 25 reps with it. And yeah, they had to wait for me to get thru all my reps. I was alittle jealous of them today in that they are still texting and laughing, and running around messing with each other at the end of the workout. I have a hard time just moving my arms after a set, and I want someone to carry me home when I get done. Why do I push myself so hard? What is this feeling that comes over me that I have to close my eyes during the set, feel each rep, and make my muscle scream for mercy before I end it? And feel so drained when I get done with my entire workout.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:06 pm 
Elephant

Took off on a casual trail jog this morning. It was a brisk 27 degrees F this morning, but the sun was shining by 9 AM, so I had a late start, which meant that I would miss my usual 10:30/11:00 AM real breakfast meal (the first one of protein drink isn't a real meal - just a quick pick me up to get the day started). I didn't mind as I wasn't that hungry. Just hungry for the sunshine!

I went to a different trail that is close to Whole Foods Market, and that one had hardly any snow on it (dry) and the ice was just a few footprints that had 't melted yet. It was awesome! Went passed my usual 5 mile mark, and ended up doing 7 miles instead. Oops. Gonna be sore I think. Still, I needed the Light Therapy for an hour and more.

Brain is happy. . . body/Legs not so much (oh, did Hamstrings yesterday, and the Romanian Deadlits keep making the attachment of the Bicep femoris to the tuberosity of the ichium hurt).

Came home, showered, ate, and passed out. Was able to get up and try and move my Legs, and succeeded. I had to do Delts today - which I sit down most of the time anyways, so my Legs could be stiff and sore and wouldn't interfere too much with my workout. Did not do any PB's, and had a hard time trying to do what I did last time, but did it. Did not like how busy the gym became towards the end of my workout though (after 5 o'clock gym members). I am beginning to miss my quiet, have the gym pretty much all to myself, during lunch hours.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

That sounds like a great day and what an awesome, awakening way to start it. I really miss the trail running but I know I'll get back to it again at some point.

Hope you are having a great week, certainly seems like you are MF.

WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl
Image http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwilifter?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:36 pm 
Elephant

Day off from weightlifting. Too many aches and pains to be able to do a Back workout properly. So I decided to do a little 1 hour elliptical this morning for a jaunting 10K on the little map it likes to show me as I plod along, because it was a brisk 17 degrees F this morning, and my heels were still complaining about yesterday's 7 mile trail jog (have to sometimes do up down up down steps on the ice, and the ground is so frozen hard that it hurts my heels). Working on the diet part today too. I have a new theory I want to try, but it is going to take alot of my concentration and focus to pull it off, and see if I can get to a point to see results.

@MiniFork, so far, the week is going well, and now the middle (Wed) is done. Wonder how the rest of the week will go as it winds its way to the weekend?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:22 pm 
Rabbit

Gaia wrote:
No. Well kind of. As soon as I wake up, I take a protein drink (Raw Protein Powder and Plain Brown Rice Milk) to get the "fires" going again after about 8 hours of fasting during sleep. This is usually at 6AM or 7AM, and then I do chores around the house till 8AM (when the sun finally rises up for me) and take off then. So I have about 2 hours or less to quickly digest rice milk and get the protein into my system. I usually can empty my bladder and colon before I take off for my trail jog, so I feel like I have an empty stomach and a lightness in my steps. :D
I usually eat a meal at 8 PM, so my glycogen is stored up for the next day's cardio. The only thing that stops me is my Legs. I did a grueling Quad workout yesterday, so today it was just a walk around the block to get the blood flowing thru the muscles, and the sun was out (which is light therapy for me during these grey winter months).

I see.
Nice idea.
Unfortunally, can't do the same because I wake up at 5 am, start working at 7 am. So, my first meal has to be at 6am at least in order to leave home at 6.30am due the traffic...lolo

Good look in your workouts.

cheers