Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Getting Serious about Getting Big
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:06 am 
Gorilla

haha that's awesome! did you tell him you're vegan? I bet it would blow his mind!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:39 pm 
Manatee

esqinchi wrote:
haha that's awesome! did you tell him you're vegan? I bet it would blow his mind!

Hah, I should've! I've gotta start wearing vegan propaganda to the gym to announce myself ;)

Stuck with 5x240lbs for my deadlifts today, but I upped weight on the warm up sets. I wanna be smart about increasing my deadlift, I feel like I've got a form kink or two to work out still. This was my last gym session for the next week because I'm skippin town and headed to Long Island for some fun in the sun. Also, my girlfriend got officially accepted into the program that she wanted to be in in Gainsville, FL, so it looks like I'll be movin soon! Can't wait to get outta Chicago and go somewhere that I can have a backyard and a garden.

Deadlift
5x155lbs
5x185lbs
5x215lbs
5x240lbs

Incline Press
5x60lbs
5x70lbs
5x80lbs
5x90lbs

Squat
5x95lbs
5x115lbs
5x145lbs
5x145lbs

Hammer Curls
15x20lbs
2x10x25lbs (superset with...)
Lateral Raise
3x12x15lbs

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
3x12x72lbs (superset with...)
Crunch Machine
3x15x75lbs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:25 pm 
Gorilla

Congrats to you both. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't forest green over here...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:03 pm 
Manatee

Back in the gym today after two entire weeks off. Vacation was great, we spent a lot of time on the beach and reading and relaxing and having fun, but I really missed the grind. Lucky for me, I got to go back to my powerlifting gym today. Shoe-free lifestyle!

Deadlift
5x135lbs
5x175lbs
5x215lbs
3x250lbs
8x155lbs

Incline Press
5x60lbs
5x70lbs
5x75lbs
5x80lbs

Squat
5x95lbs
3x10x135lbs

Leg Press
3x12x300lbs (superset with...)
Dumbbell Curls w/static holds
3x12x20lbs

Rope Pushdown
3x12x76lbs (superset with...)
Wide-grip Lat Pulldown
3x12x80lbs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm 
Manatee

I'VE BEEN BODYBUILDING
In and out of the gym, and really busy. But I'm keeping active and gettin in whenever I can. I had every intention of going every single day this month until they closed down my powerlifting gym as well.. grr... another week until I can get back in.
Apparently University of Florida has a real sweet gym, should I find myself employed there. I went to Gainesville to drop off my partner and see the city a little last week and I love it, I can't wait to get down there. We've already got ourselves a little house and a lease secured, I'll be down officially in the beginning of October.
Anyway, still workin hard, but not a lot to post probably for the next month. I'm just going to do what I can and keep nutrition on point this month as much as possible, and get to work on my backyard gym immediately upon stepping foot in FL permanently :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:29 pm 
Gorilla

Hey how are you guys doing? Spent my birthday in Madison, which was absolutely amazing. Mother Fools, El Dorado Grill, Green Owl, Monty's Blue Plate, Willalby's, Roman Candle Pizza, One Barrel Brewing, New Glarus, dipping our toes in Monona, driving out to the middle of nowhere and just listening to the quiet, farmers' market, the capital building at night - all the stuff you probably grew up around, but totally new for us. It was AWESOME.

Hope you are well!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am 
Manatee

Are posts getting deleted? There are posts missing from my log and I think from others' logs as well.

Either way, getting back into the swing of things has been slow. This gym has a lot of closed days. I guess it's appropriate for the time being while I work on and save for my backyard setup, but it's less than ideal.
My deadlift strength has plummeted with 1.5 months off and it feels pretty shitty. I will fight my way back up, though.

Deadlift
5x135lbs
5x165lbs
5x190lbs
1x220lbs (shot for 5, couldn't even break it after the first. totally demoralizing.)
5x185lbs

Incline Press
8x45
8x55
8x65
8x75
5x80

Squat
5x75lbs
5x95lbs
2x5x115lbs

SLDLs
4x10x115lbs

Front Squats
4x10x95lbs

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
12x70lbs
3x12x80lbs

Lateral Raise
3x10x10lbs
10x5lbs (superset with...)
Alternating Curls
3x10x15lbs
10x10lbs
10x5lbs

I can't wait to just lift in my backyard ugh I don't like going to the gym but I love lifting, gotta find that compromise.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:32 pm 
Manatee

That's it, I've done it. I made an appointment with a guy trying to sell a home gym setup before moving for tonight, and it's everything that I want. 300lbs of plates + bar, adjustable bench (flat/incline), squat rack, lat pulldown and a leg curl, all in one piece of equipment. It may take some finagling to figure out how to modify my sessions when I don't have specific machines or dumbbells (for the moment, I'm sure I'll get some soon), but I think this is the best possible thing for me. Plus, the fact that I'm bringing home a gym has gotten my girlfriend excited and she wants to start lifting with me which I am really, really, really stoked about. This is the best news I've gotten about my fitness desires in a long time, and I'm really happy. I just hope the unit is as nice in person as it looks in the photos, and if it is, it's comin home with me tonight and I'll set it up for tomorrow's session. Cross your fingers for me!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:02 pm 
Manatee

Wish you the best of luck ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:34 pm 
Gorilla

Good to see you back! And, not going to lie, I'm pretty jealous about that setup - sounds freakin sweet!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:43 pm 
Manatee

maybenot wrote:
Wish you the best of luck ;)

Thanks buddy!

esqinchi wrote:
Good to see you back! And, not going to lie, I'm pretty jealous about that setup - sounds freakin sweet!

Yeah, I'm really excited. Turns out I can't pick it up til Sunday, but I'm just going to take today and tomorrow to clean and get the space ready for it. I'll get some pictures up when it's home - it's bright yellow! Hopefully it's as good as it seems, if so, I'm all set!
Now, of course I'll need to get a tire for flips, and a sled for yard exercising, and all of the other fun home gym things ;) but i'll all come in time

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:59 am 
Gorilla

Well I posed a lengthy reply on Friday, but forgot to hit send, and when I got into work today it was gone. Anyhow, the short end of what I wanted to say was that I love the tire idea - that is awesome. I love the odd end fitness equipment. Have you ever worked with battle ropes? There's this company called Onnit that makes a handful of interesting fitness things, such as these: https://www.onnit.com/steelbells/ They have a bunch of supplements as well, but I'm pretty sure most of those are bullshit. But, the other stuff seems pretty cool.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:24 am 
Manatee

Got a little work in on the new home gym last night - everything has been pretty crazy around here and all I wanna do is squat it out. I'm lifting tonight, I'll come back and post my full program.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:08 am 
Manatee

Got in my first really solid session yesterday. I've been training my partner and getting her up to speed so that she can lift with me for the past week and a half since I got the home gym, so my ramp back up has been slow. It's worth it, though. I want her to be able to lift safely and comfortably with me and she's starting from almost zero so we're taking it easy. Yesterday she was tired and busy though so I got in a session while she was resting :D It felt great, I'm nice n sore today. Weights are approximate because I don't know the weight of my bar (I'm guessing ~4kg, it's a standard home gym bar and not an olympic bar), but I'm going to just go with what I've got and progress with 1kg weights and not worry too much about exact numbers for the time being. I'm hoping to add an olympic bar and plate set by Christmas, but mostly I'm just so happy to have heavy things to throw around at home.

Squats
5x60lb
5x95lb
5x130lb
5x5x165lb

Bench
5x45lb
5x55lb
5x5x70lb

Row
5x70lb
5x5x95lb

Shrug
3x8x95lb

French Press
3x8x40lb

Barbell Curls
3x8x54lb

SLDLs
2x10x97lb

Plate Side Bend
3x10x44lb (completely annihilated my grip, in the best way)

Hanging Crunch
3x8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:34 am 
Manatee

Tryin to get up and hit it at 5:30am, because I'm just too tired by the end of the night to motivate myself through it. Got a whole bunch of mock meat from the local asian grocery this weekend, amazed I've never tried/heard of most of this stuff. Most importantly, I got some mock salmon (even with fake skin made out of seaweed, it looks amazing) for my birthday tomorrow. Also got canned mock roast duck, mock oysters, mock fish fillets that actually tasted legit like fish, these great little soy jerky packs, and I made myself homemade "lox," cashew cream cheese, mushroom pate, and a "cheese" log. It was a weekend of much food and much food prep, so I'm stoked for the week's eating to come.
Yesterday there wasn't a true gym workout, but I spent the day doing gardening and moving plants and heavy planters. My partner and I also dug out and bricked ourselves a new firepit, so I'm really excited to start cooking in there and just sitting around the fire at night. Maybe I'll even smoke my own tofu!!!

This morning looked like this:

Squats
4x5x170lbs
3x175lbs

Bench Press
5x75lbs
2x6x71lbs
7x67lbs
15x60lbs

Rows
5x5x85lbs (superset with...)
Shrugs
5x10x85lbs

Svend Press
2x17.6lbsx30sec (trying this out for the first time, felt great, what a nice pump)

Planning to hit arms this afternoon/evening if I get a chance. I've been leaving out all of the bodybuilding stuff and focusing just on hitting my powerlifts in the morning. I've gotta grow these biceps, tho!!! ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15