xChrisZx - 2013 Year Of the Tri

Alright... I am starting a new log here. This week I started my 12 week Sprint Triathlon training program.

I have to adjust the schedule in the book because the only days I have access to a pool are Monday and Wednesday nights. But this is what my week looked like so far.

Sunday (run) - 25 minute run. Moderate pace. Did 2.1 miles. Weather was decent so I was able to get outside.

Monday (swim) - After a couple of laps I realized that swimming is for sure my weakest of the 3. So instead of following the routine for the day I would do 2-4 laps, take a break, and then repeat. I really really need to work on this.

Tuesday (bike) - 45 minutes on the trainer at a moderate pace. I usually go balls out for an hour but I am trying to do things right and follow the plan. So instead I did an easy ride. 13 miles in 45 minutes with an average speed of 17.3.

Wednesday (swim) - Showed up to find out that the local open swim had been cancelled. To say I was bummed would be an understatement.

Thursday (today) (run) - Same workout as Sunday. I really don't like running on a treadmill but today was just to goddamn cold to run outside (even with my cold gear). Put in another 25 minutes with a distance of 2.1 miles. Not breaking any speed records but just trying to follow the plan.