Rob's High Intensity Training Log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

HIT Rob
Gorilla

Re: Rob's High Intensity Training Log

#496 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Hey Mike, sorry for the late reply, was away on hols for a week celebrating my 20th anniversary with the misses:) Thanks man, am feeling a good bit better, and yes, this is my fav kind of weather, not too hot and not too cold:)

First workout in a week yesterday, its amazing what a little R&R can do....
1. Underhand cable pulldown
80kg, 100kg, 120kg warm up holds
150kg x 2 max static holds to failure (8-12 second range)
2. Plate loaded iso shoulder press
60kg x 8
90kg x 6
120kg x 2
130kg x 6 to failure
140kg x 4 to failure

Today...
1. Leverage Leg Press
250kg x 6
300kg x 4
350kg x 3
400kg x 2
450kg x 7 deadstart reps to failure
2. Concept 2 rower
3 x 500 metre sprints

Keeping the workouts max efforts and of course low volume, this is how i love to train, i.e., all out or not at all! Can't say my muscles are getting any bigger, i believe I've reached my genetic ceiling...by natural means, but their definitely becoming more and more dense and mature. Few days off now...to let nature take its course:)

vegan_rossco
Batman

#497 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:25 am

Jeez forgot how strong you were Rob!! :)
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#498 Postby HIT Rob » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Hey Ross, not strong enough bud lol, gotta be careful though, nearly blackout on the second pulldown hold, blood pressure was way up...opps;)

Today's workout...
1. Low Incline Smith Machine Press (matrix - super smooth, best smith ive ever used)
80kg x 6
100kg x 4
120kg x 2
130kg x 1
150g x 5 rest pause reps to failure (10-15 second rest pauses between reps)
2. Plated loaded iso chest supported row (technogym)
100kg x 6
130kg x 3
170kg x 7 reps to failure + 2 more reps to failure after a 10 second rest pause
Job done!!

Again, workouts are short but brutal, I could add in laterals, curls, extensions etc, but I honestly dont believe I need to, excess is just that...EXCESS!

Bodyweight is back at 265lb / 120.2kg, ill probably bring that up to the 280lb / 127kg mark, then ill do a u-turn again and drop down to the 240 mark again, every time I do this I get leaner when in the higher numbers. Currently 4% leaner than the last time I was this weight am at now. Most people like to lean out for summer and clean bulk in the winter, but personally I prefer to bulk in the summer, I feel its also more congruent with our geno, I.,e store energy during times of abundance to get through lomg winters, of course lol, we now have abundance year round and store energy for winters that never come.

mrbear666
Elephant

#499 Postby mrbear666 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Good job mate, some heavy lifts and serious bodyweight there! Do you find it hard to maintain bodyweights like that Rob? I know when i start getting over 105 or so kilos the weight just falls off if i dont keep lifting and eating like a madman.
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#500 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Hey Mike, for me I find in fairly easy, gaining mass I go with higher carbs and 5-6 feeds a day, leaning out high fat / low carb with refeeds. I stick with Dr Dardens recommendation on protein of 0.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, that may seem pretty low, but I honestly dont believe we need a lot of protein.

vegan_rossco
Batman

#501 Postby vegan_rossco » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:38 pm

HIT Rob wrote:Hey Mike, for me I find in fairly easy, gaining mass I go with higher carbs and 5-6 feeds a day, leaning out high fat / low carb with refeeds. I stick with Dr Dardens recommendation on protein of 0.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, that may seem pretty low, but I honestly dont believe we need a lot of protein.

Totally agree!! When leaning out I go super high on fats and low on carbs but not quite keto. I don't know how people can do that aha you tried it?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#502 Postby HIT Rob » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Couldnt go keto mate, I still not about 100-150g of carbs daily, mostly around the workouts. Forgot to mention, the only time I have issues with my diet is when im switching from a high carb diet to a high fat diet, takes a week or so for the brain fog to clear, plus am peeing 15-20 times a day given that the water in leaving the muscles.

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#503 Postby HIT Rob » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:02 am

Went for a 9 mile powerwalk last night, took the bus ul the coast line and walked back home round the coast line up into the country lines that lead to my home, had some Lisa Gerrard on my earphones to boot, bless. That woman's vocal range is off the chart!

Lunch time workout today...
1. Plate loaded iso shoulder press
60kg x 8
90kg x 6
120kg x 3
135kg x 1
150kg x 4 rest pause reps to failure (10-15 second rest pauses between reps)
2. Seated cable row (slight hold in peak contraction position)
80kg x 6
Stack x 3
stack + 20kg attached x 6 to failure
3. Leverage Leg Press (technogym)
250kg x 6
300kg x 4
350kg x 3
400kg x 2
450kg x 8 negative only reps to failure / several seconds to lower each rep. Pressed on knees and had training partner help with the lifting.

Strength continues to go up, eating well, sleeping well, staying stress free etc, ill probably continue with daily evening walks (for relaxation), shooting for 3-10miles depending on how I feel. Of to the silent vally tomorrow, beautiful place, so peaceful:)

mrbear666
Elephant

#504 Postby mrbear666 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Im with you on the walks, cant beat fresh air and country side! have a good easter weekend pal.
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#505 Postby HIT Rob » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:08 am

Hey Mike, thanks mate, I had one of the worst days of my life yesterday, had to have my wee cat put to sleep yesterday, she was 18 and had kidney failure, absolutely heart broken. But she had a great life and was treated like a queen, lots of great memories of her. I'll probably take some time away from the gym until my mindset returns.
Hope you have a great Easter too:)
Best Rob

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#506 Postby HIT Rob » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi guys,

Its with a heavy heart that I say this, but Ill not be keeping a log here anymore, in the last several days Ive went back to including meat in my diet again, therefore I dont feel its right to post here anymore. I just want to take the opportunity to thank everyone and wish all here the very best of luck for the future.

Best wishes
Rob

mrbear666
Elephant

#507 Postby mrbear666 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Not sure if youll read this Rob you may have already left, but sorry your leaving you have been a huge inspiration to me over the past couple of years and ive enjoyed our talks and exchanging of ideas alot. Ive never 'met' anyone with so much knowledge and passion for common sense weight training before and you put in such a way that even i can understand easily. All the best with your future training and thanks for all the help you have given me. The forum wont be the same without big Rob!
mike.
www.infowars.com

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#508 Postby HIT Rob » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Hey Mike,

Pleasure my friend, and the same to yourself:)
Ive started a log on Dr Dardens HIT forum, would be great to see ya there:) Ive uploaded some photos for once, ill have videos up soon enough.

Best wishes
Rob

vegan_rossco
Batman

#509 Postby vegan_rossco » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:24 am

HIT Rob wrote:Hi guys,

Its with a heavy heart that I say this, but Ill not be keeping a log here anymore, in the last several days Ive went back to including meat in my diet again, therefore I dont feel its right to post here anymore. I just want to take the opportunity to thank everyone and wish all here the very best of luck for the future.

Best wishes
Rob

It's been a pleasure rob, always nice chatting to you!
All the best my friend :)

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#510 Postby HIT Rob » Wed May 03, 2017 5:20 pm

vegan_rossco wrote:
HIT Rob wrote:Hi guys,

Best wishes
Rob

It's been a pleasure rob, always nice chatting to you!
All the best my friend :)

Just seen this, thanks Ross. Ive actually went back to being a lacto ovo veggie, but ill still pop in to see them sweet gains yaz are making:)

Best
Rob

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”