Young_Mike's Challenge Blog

Just wanted a place on here to write down my thoughts. Basically, I turn 22 in mid/lateish September and I want body fat low enough to see my abs for my birthday. Why not give myself the gift of abs? I have the tools I need and I work a gym so I might as well take advantage of that free membership and get this done. The challenge starts...

Wait for it...

A few more seconds....

NOW.

Thanks, sir. I wish I had progress photos or something but considering it's only been like a day and half or so...haha.

Yesterday's session was great and I'm feeling the soreness a bit today. Everything is on track at the moment, I guess I'm just a little bummed out because I've been thinking a lot about how I'll dress after I lose my initial weight and a lot of vegan alternative clothing is really expensive. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead here, but I feel like my image will be vital because, let's face it, if someone looks like shit, people are less inclined to listen to their opinions and thoughts and going meatless is something I want to spread around...I don't know.

Have you set yourself some good, solid and achievable goals? I urge you to write them down and put them somewhere where you'll see them - the fridge is a great spot!

No point wasting energy on 'thinking' about what you think you might be able to afford, that could all have changed by the time you reach your goals! Or how about putting aside ten bucks each week to put towards the clothes? Just an idea MF.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I have goals written out. Call me vain, but they're all aesthetic because I don't really care so much about how much I can lift so much as what I look like. For right now, goal #1 is, as I said before, about lowering my body fat so I can see my abs. Again, vain but desirable enough to get me go to the gym. Long term, I have more goals pertaining to the measurements of my limbs, trunk, etc. When I accomplish THOSE, I think the bottom line for me will be to streamline the process so that I can spend my time doing other things I enjoy. At least, that's my mental process. I like the idea about putting aside a small amount of money each week, though. Maybe spend some time between now and then researching some more in an attempt to find better deals.