Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Get Ripped or Die Trying
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:37 am 
Manatee

man your workouts are massive! you are full of energy, and that pizza is awesome!

ps i think rick is dying

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:14 am 
Gorilla

vegan_rossco wrote:
Ooooooooo! Whack that pizza on the recipes thread dude!

You like walking dead? Fuck yeah!! :D

In my opinion with your training like this you won't necessarily lose any momentum but you might not be gaining at the highest rate available. That's not really a bad thing though, personally I find it very interesting to do full body training and it keeps me guessing :) not a fan of kettle bells though hahaha

Thanks mate, I've been worrying about losing muscle mass with all of the HIIT stuff I've been doing, and the low calorie diet I've been following. Kettlebells, yeah man, I could see not liking them at all. Sometimes I feel like most of the exercises incorporating them could be done with dumbbells instead. Makes them feel more like marketing, and I hate marketing! I'll put the pizza recipe up. Walking Dead is awesome! Though we are only in the beginning of the second season - so no spoilers please! hahah

Payne wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a spiderman press up is where you assume a normal press up position and then bring one leg up by your side and do a press up in that position, then swap legs.

Well that's what I call a spiderman push up. I get people doing them at kickboxing in our warm ups sometimes walking across the floor!

Also, The Walking Dead is great. Been reading the comics for years and am enjoying how they're adapting them to the TV.

Your exercises are crazy and look pretty intense!! I never seem tohave the time or the energy to do something as lengthy and as full on as them!

Hope the whole move and neighbourhood thing is settling down now too.

Correct on the spiderman pushup/press up (silly Brits haha!). Those are pretty tough, but sometimes I feel like the dive-bomber/yoga pushups are harder; definitely require more control, and breathing focus. Thanks for the compliments man. The sessions I do during the week never go beyond 45 minutes, and then those on Saturday stretch no longer than 75 minutes total. After all that I pretty much have to sit still on the floor for about 20 minutes. Didn't know that Walking Dead was a comic series - that's really interesting. I'll have to look them up next time I'm around the comic shop.

EdensDemise wrote:
man your workouts are massive! you are full of energy, and that pizza is awesome!

ps i think rick is dying

Thanks man, I try to be fully energized - and full of pizza - at all times! haha. See above RE: Walking Dead. I hope Rick is ok! haha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:19 am 
Manatee

second season? you still need the other 2 sorry for the spoiler hhaha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:28 am 
Gorilla

EdensDemise wrote:
second season? you still need the other 2 sorry for the spoiler hhaha

No worries man, I'll get there!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 am 
Rabbit

Yeah the comic started at the back end of 2003 I think. I remember a couple of mates getting me to start it in about 2005 and it's the only comic series now that I manage to keep on top of really (even then I only pick the trades up, not an individual issue person). The comics are fantastic though and MUCH better than the TV series I feel. Believe me when I say that in the comics, NO ONE is safe! There have been moments where I've literally fetl sick with some of the stuff that's happened in them.

I'm usually in the gym for about 45-60 minutes. But I think I need to sit down a little longer before I shower and leave though if I'm going to go before work as this mornign I got showered and dressed and was still damp afterwards. Not a nice feeling.

PS. I shan't comment on what I think's going on with Rick right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:06 pm 
Gorilla

Activism

Late last year I asked MF if there could be an additional tab/topic on the forum for activism. The subject might have slipped his mind given his new business venture, but I thought I could at least start out here on my blog.

Anyhow, in addition to the myriad animal rights organizations in the world, Mercy For Animals is one that I follow closely, and feel they make a serious impact, not only with their leafletting, but also their investigative procedures. You can read more about them here http://www.mercyforanimals.org/.

They have plenty of petitions that can be signed online, and offer events to attend, or even host yourself. Do me a small favor - sign some of the petitions. They don't spam.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:03 pm 
Gorilla

Wednesday, February 19, 2014:

Core Day

(Repeat Twice, Rest 45 Seconds Between Rounds)

1. Frogger Jumps x 20
2. Scissor Crunches x 20*
3. Bicycle Abs x 50
4. Weighted Toe Touch x 15 @ 25lbs
5. Side Plank w/ Rotation x 15*
6. Decline Reverse Crunch x 12
7. Side Raise x 25 @ 35lbs
8. V-Hold x 30 seconds

Nothing special today, and probably should have done three rounds, but I haven't trained core exclusively for a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll get some DOMS out of this (otherwise I secretly feel the time was wasted). Food has been good last couple days, though I seem to always fall short of my 1800 calorie mark (more like 1650 - 1750). Am I eating too little? Maybe that is slowing my progress? I'd be up to eat more, but I hate seeing the scale creep up. It's just as annoying as gaining four pounds for every cheat meal I consume, and then spending the next week cutting it off. Hope you boys had a good day/night. Working with the trainer tomorrow, so hopefully is interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:51 pm 
Gorilla

Thursday, February 20, 2014:

Trainer Day

0. Burpees x 60 seconds
1. Incline Bench - 2 x 8 @ 115lbs (bullshit! I could live much heavier)
2. Pushups - 2 x 12
3. Front Squats x 30 seconds @ 70lbs
4. Back Extension x 12 @ 35lbs
5. Sled Push x 200 feet @ 90lbs
6. Plank x 60 seconds
7. Sled Leg Press - 2 x 12 @ 275lbs
8. Squat Jumps x 30 seconds
9. Deadlift - 2 x 12 @ 100lbs (again, bullshit, as I was doing much heavier, like 145)
10. Pushup w/ Renegade Row x 6 @ 25lbs*
11. Stability Ball Pushup + Knee Driver x 20 each
12. DB Chest Press + DB Chest Fly x 10 ea @ 50lbs
13. Curls + Crossovers x 12 @ 50lbs
14. Curls x 12 @ 50lbs
15. Delt Raise x 12 @ 50lbs
16. Bent Over Row x 12 @ 50lbs
17. Kettlebell Swing x 30 seconds @ 35lbs
18. Front Raise - 2 x 12 @ 35lbs

I think that's it. It looks like a lot, but the weight is so light its not even challenging. This dude doesn't know what he's doing, and I'm basically pissed that: (1) it takes forever to get there now; (2) I have 22 sessions left; (3) I'm probably losing strength; (4) even if i tell the dude the shit is too light, he doesn't pick up on my needs; and (5) it takes forever to get home. There's a gym literally down the street I can't wait to join once this shit is over with. Feel like I should buy up some heavy db's in the meantime. He told me to take a few days off, but that's fucked in the head. I'm going in on Saturday, and hitting the shit hard, and heavy. I left pissed, annoyed, and feeling like I'd kill someone if I had to do one more bicep curl. Fucking glamour muscle bullshit. Ironic - my elbow is hurting as I'm typing this. Does anyone know what joint pain typically means? It means over-fucking-use of the joint. That's what it means. Anyhow, I have to go and get my shit ready for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:36 am 
Batman

Shit man you could do with investing in a punching bag to wail on to haha! ditch the trainer man he sounds like a douche! I would heavily recommend getting some heavy dumbbells to train with at home if not to train with all the time but to come back to if you don't feel you got enough training in at the gym.
Does your new house have the room for it?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:50 pm 
Gorilla

vegan_rossco wrote:
Shit man you could do with investing in a punching bag to wail on to haha! ditch the trainer man he sounds like a douche! I would heavily recommend getting some heavy dumbbells to train with at home if not to train with all the time but to come back to if you don't feel you got enough training in at the gym.
Does your new house have the room for it?

Dude I have a punching bag! haha perfect! I'm going to have my wife take some of the sessions - that way we can burn through them, and I can switch gyms. Hopefully the new one doesn't have any startup fees or other bullshit like that. Seems like we've been burning through money lately just living, and not buying anything fun or whatever. I do need to buy some heavy DBs. I could do so much with them here just having them handy. That will have to wait a bit though I suppose, given all the other stuff we need. Have a good weekend buddy - drinking some beers tonight!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:04 pm 
Gorilla

Saturday, February 22, 2014:

Saturday Pump

1. DB Bench - 3 x 10 @ 140lbs
2. Single Arm Row - 3 x 12 @ 65lbs
3. DB Chest Pullover - 3 x 12 @ 65lbs

4. Squat - 3 x 12 @ 295lbs
5. 24" Box Jumps - 3 x 12
6. Wide Leg Deadlift - 3 x 12 @ 90lbs

7. Assisted Pullup - 3 x 12 @ 15lbs Assist (felt pretty weak on these)
8. Decline Bench - 2 x 12 @ 145, 1 x 12 @ 135 (also felt weak here)
9. Farmer Carry - 3 x 200' @ 90lbs

Felt great to get in on a Saturday, and bonus because the gym wasn't all that busy. So fucking happy I didn't seem to lose much strength over the past couple weeks of not training heavy weights. However, I will say that I have come to the realization that it is absolutely fucking necessary to incorporate heavy weight training with all of the HIIT stuff, and calisthenics. That is, of course if you want to be more than just aesthetically "fit" looking, and not both strong, and fit. Which would you rather? Anyhow, I'm going to insist on more strength training as I finish out these sessions, and then start developing a more balanced approach myself at home.

Anyone have any thoughts on this: incorporation of strength, and calisthenics? For example, when balancing, which of the two deserves more attention? Is a 1:1, Strength:HIIT ratio acceptable? Is 2:1 better, or the reverse? Maybe someone has a solid resource for learning more?

Making a pizza tonight, and having a few beers. Have a good weekend!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:14 pm 
Manatee

Hey man, how's training this week? Surviving round 15 of polar vortex alright? I got in a solid bike ride last weekend but I just can't wait for it to warm up around here... Stay strong!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:42 am 
Gorilla

BeansNBroccoli wrote:
Hey man, how's training this week? Surviving round 15 of polar vortex alright? I got in a solid bike ride last weekend but I just can't wait for it to warm up around here... Stay strong!

Hey, training is ok so far. Left shoulder has been giving me some trouble recently, probably because of all of the activity surrounding the move. Seriuosly, this cold has got me way down. I can't even seem to get up in the morning, and then once I'm out the door, even the walk to the bus is unbearable. I heard it is supposed to snow all weekend too :( . I need to get my hands on a bike for this summer. Haven't had one since 2005, when mine got stolen. Thanks for checking in - you stay strong too!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:41 am 
Gorilla

Tuesday, February 25, 2014:

Trainer Day

Full body workout today, comprised of the following (generally):

1. Burpees - 60 seconds
2. Squat - 2 x 10 @ 315lbs
3. Incline Bench x 12 @ 70lbs
4. Shoulder Raises x 12 @ 35lbs
5. Sled Push x 200' @ 90lbs
6. Curls x 6* @ 35lbs
7. Concentration Curls x 4* @ 35lbs
8. Walking Lunge x 12 @ 70lbs
9. Front Squat x 12 @ 70lbs
10. Battle Rope Waves x 30 seconds
11. Battle Rope Slams x 30 seconds
12. Pullups x 15
13. Hi-Lo Woodchopper x 12* @ 30lbs
14. Front Raise to Delt Raise - 2 x 30 seconds @ 7.5lbs* (this was "strength based therapy" for my shoulder pain)
15. Front Raise x 30 seconds @ 7.5lbs* (see above)
16. Plank x 120 seconds
17. Back Extension x 12 @ 45lbs
18. Pushups x 30 seconds, as many as possible (I made it to 31)
19. Pushups on Medicine Ball x 30 seconds, as many as possible (I made it to 29)
20. Kettlebell Swing x 12 @ 35lbs

Another workout that is all over the place. I really miss focused, orderly training. I feel like when doing these, I'm barely scratching the surface on all muscle groups, and never experience much gain from the training. Maybe I'm wrong? Anyhow, I'm at work now and need to get some stuff done, so this is a short post. Training core tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:08 pm 
Batman

Have fun with the core training Chris! Think I'm doing the same tomorrow ;) what's the time difference between us bud? It's 7pm here haha

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 29  Next