VeganBeast training log

Gaia

Lost only a pound for this week, but I haven't pushed myself with the diet - just cleaned it up and regulated portion control. My main focus for the past week has been trying out a different workout routine. I have gotten into a routine just the past 3 days - which means I have been consistent and trying hard not to overtrain (my biggest worry as I have experienced this in the past).

So On Tuesday I did Back and Biceps (which I have always done together when doing 2 bodyparts for 1 workout) in which I did a Back exercise for 3 sets with the last set being my PB, and then I went to the Bicep exercise for 3 sets with the last set being my PB. After doing the PB to keep my muscle mass, I then proceeded to do 4 sets of 25 reps with a low weight back to back (superset) for the two exercises (Back first, then right to the Bicep, and I was able to do it for 2 sets, but then had to walk around to get some energy back into me, and then finished with the last 2 sets).

Then on Wednesday I would usually just stay at home and recover, but I decided to just go to the gym, hop on the elliptical for 30 minutes and do the 5K trail, and then was suppose to do some body weight only exercises, but I got so light headed and sweaty (my hair was drenched within 5 minutes) that I just got on the Stationary Bike and drank some juice water to get the glucose back up into my brain. Ummmm...overtraining already?

Mind you, on those days I still did my 3 mile jog in the morning.

Thursday was totally rest day. I even didn't go jogging in the morning. My body was sore and kind of achy in the joints. Just focused on recover and what I was eating that day (Pomegranates are in season here. Love how I have to "work" to get at those little fruit encased seeds!).

Friday, jog 5 miles this time in the morning (feeling much better) and then I was able to do Legs and Delts that night at the gym. I was still able to do my PBs for my Legs, even though I jogged 5 miles instead of only 3 miles in the morning. I still took a walk around the gym as a break during my supersets (the routine for supersetting is now getting to be two 2 sets of 25 reps because my muscles are still running out of energy . . . . thought - maybe I need to do creatine again? Get the micronized form and put it in my workout drink. I shall wait till next week. See if I can establish the routine without it first. If not, then I will look into it and see if it helps).

Saturday I was able to go to the gym, get on the elliptical for the 30 minutes/5K trail and not faint this time. I did 4 sets of 25 reps of back and bicep exercises that are fun and isolated with either body weight or low weights. And what I mean by that, is for example for a Back exercise (with the PB on the last set) is is Widebar Pulldown, and a fun one is light weight straight bar/arms with elbows locked front pressdown.

Sunday was Chest and Biceps (favorite pairing) in a "nobody here but me and the music was off" gym . Creepy feeling. . . also hard to get motivated. This is why you have written down what you did last time, with the PB circled, and then you just do what you did last time, and then do the supersets of 4 sets for 25 reps added in. Just do. No thinking.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic