Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: VeganBeast training log
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:35 pm 
Elephant

WTF on the massage! My fingers all hurt, and my traps are so sore that Delts was a real no go on the heavy weights today. In fact, it has been 3 hours and right between my shoulder blades it feels like it is tight and contracted and very painful. So I am thinking, am I that out of wack with my muscles (one side being all knotted up, and the other too loose), aka imbalance, or did the massage therapist do a bad job? So how to proceed? Well, I will first let my muscles heal up correctly, so I will back off on the weights, and while lifting, keep all my alignment training from Anusara Yoga in focus as I execute the movements. Maybe some yoga poses for stretching out the neck/shoulder/upper back tie-ins. And some pycnogenol to keep the inflammation down and speed up healing. Then, I will get one more massage and see what happens.

Bummer. Tomorrow is Leg day, but they are not hurting, so it should be doable for heavy weights with the leg exercises. I did only 5 miles for morning cardio jogging today, and I will walk tomorrow morning to keep the Legs primed for heavy weights. Power Squats this time instead of Leg Press. My PB was 270lbs for 8 reps. Shall I go for 300lbs? and some glute machine exercises to help get more mass on the upper shelf of my butt (what else do the bikini girls do to get the perfected round butt for competitions?).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:56 pm 
Elephant

Leg day was awesome. I was too scared to try the 300lbs Power Squats, but I did do 270lbs for 10 reps instead of 8. I was scared that my lower back would not be able to handle the weight. I have a fear (from a previous accident of not putting up the safety catches on the Smith Rack, and as I tried to put the hooks into the Smith Rack, my shoulders bumped the bar back out of the hooks and I plummeted down the whole length of the Smith Rack with 270lbs on my back - I was thrown down the ground with my feet out in front of me and my back severely compressed) that nags at me. Which is good in a way, as it keeps me on my toes with a focus of safety in my mind.

Today was a light biking by myself this morning - well with music blasting in my right ear. I increased my weights while doing Chest today in the gym. Nice and quiet day in the gym on this Friday afternoon. Was able to do 200lbs on the Hammer Strength Incline Chest Press Machine for a solid 10 reps (as oppose to 8 short reps last time). I also caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror in the bathroom (nice lighting for muscle def in that room) and having eaten only rice as carbs for 2 days now, my veins were popping out here and there. Nice. Keeps me inspired to watch what I am putting into my body more closely in the next 8 weeks.

Laid out in the sun also: free tanning session. Sweet!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:31 pm 
Elephant

Saturday is the day I head out for the Paint Creek Trail and go the over 12 miles from Clarkston Rd to Tienken and back again (Lake Orion to Rochester to Lake Orion). I was stopped at the end of my driveway to talk to a fellow Polly Ann Trail user (the one I usually go on that is right near my house), and before I knew it, 30 minutes had passed! Eek. Yeah I was late already, and it was very hot and humid on my way back to the place where I parked the car. Needless to say I walked about a mile, and it was already after 11 AM by the time I got home for my morning shake. I took a shower and passed out on the bed - just not moving but not sleeping, as I am already having problems sleeping at night. I always do when I am dieting down - the metabolism just kicks in at night for some reason. I could blame the Lipo6 Unlimited, but that is not the case as I can sleep at noon, which is about 5 hours after I had taken the Lipo6 for my morning cardio, and before I take them a second time at 1 PM for the caffeine induced supplements which is needed to power thru a grueling weight workout.

Today was just Triceps, and I was able to use the caffeine to get over the fatigue from the jogging half marathon this morning. I was able to power down a Tricep Rope Pressdown of 130lbs for 8 reps for a PB. Couldn't match it on the Overhead Tricep Rope Extentions, but did a 120lbs for 8 reps. Needless to say I was fatigued by the time I did Dips, and those weren't so great. Maybe next time.

Tonight I walked around the subdivision block that is right next door to our acreage/house - 30 minutes. Weigh-in is tomorrow morning.

Last week I was 145lbs/18%bodyfat on my scale. Don't know if it is accurate, but I will just go with it going down week by week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:12 am 
Elephant

I am having an argument with my scale this morning. LOL! Really? and the usual WTF? can be heard. LOL! I am happy with the 141.4 lbs (4.2 lbs loss this week - almost back under 140 again), but then it spits out a 19% bodyfat/58% water weight. So I lost 4.2 lbs, but gained 1% bodyfat? Again, I can feel my abs beginning to be defined, so I am not going to believe that increase in bodyfat - not yet at least (I will change the battery first, and make sure that it is in optimal charging mode to zap thru my bodyfat in order for it to "read" me a statistical number for my bodyfat amount).

So on that note, I have taken my supps for the morning, and the rain looks like it has stopped and the sky is getting lighter, and a bike ride is on the agenda. Not so hungry this morning, so I take 1/2 glass of Acai berry juice for a quick releasing into the blood stream carb to fuel part of my bike ride. Now to see if my partner's foot can take a ride this morning - bothers me that I do everything in my power to keep from getting hurt and sick, and yet other people don't. . . . obsession anyone? Who me? Hahahahaha.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:22 pm 
Elephant

Is it cooler up in your neck of the woods? Temps and humidity are down here so I might actually get to enjoy a walk today with my pup. How is the back feeling? I am passed due on a massage and will be booking me one for next week. I know my back and shoulders are all tight and knotted up.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Post subject: LiL' VeganMonster training log
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:47 am 
Elephant

Much cooler. In fact, I switched up my workout routine starting today, and it looks like a bike ride in the afternoon might be on the agenda as it is cool outside/low humidity too! I high of 66 degree F for today, and 70 degrees for the rest of the week. Nice little rain in the wee morning hours helped the garden out alot too! I think the drought here in Michigan may be over - at least for this summer! Though August can be a rather dry and hot month, so we shall have to see.
Massage is next week on Monday again. My back is almost back to normal, one side is still hurting from the bodywork she did on that side. I am going to try again to make sure it was my back that was messed up, and not the fault of the massage therapist.
I am also changing my nickname as I no longer feel like a Beast lifting heavy weights, since I am trying to get ripped and the weight is going down both on me and the amount I can lift. Plus I feel like a Monster instead of a Beast lately.
I did 4 sets of 25 with light weights for Legs in the morning session, and tonight I will do Delts (Legs need more energy, so I worked them in the morning when my energy is the highest - as long as I do not do a long time of cardio like going running for 12 miles or so). Inspired to get ripped now. Muscles just need to be maintained, and bodyfat needs to vacate the premises. LOL!