Space-Jam's Training & Eating Journal. Tips & Advice Welcome

A little background on me: I'm 22 and started transforming my body in 2010. Did a pretty good job and got down to about the 185-195 range for a good little while from 260lbs (I'm 5"11 by the way). In 2012, I tore my ACL, medial and lateral meniscus and cartilage while playing Hockey and had to go for surgery. The injury put me on the sidelines for a good year and a half, where I started re-thinking my general health and well being moving forward. On October 20th, 2012 I decided to cut meat out of my diet completely, and 5 months later cut out eggs, milk and seafood. I still struggle with keeping cheese out of my diet, but it's a work in progress. Fast forward to today: After struggling to get back into the routine, not going to the gym and eating a bunch of junk food (Yes - begin vegan doesn't necessarily mean you're healthy given what you put in your body, and I'm guilty of that) I'm now sitting at almost 210lbs! (206.5 to be exact). So I'm starting this Training & Eating journal to keep myself accountable and to continue working on the goal I want to reach. My ultimate goal is to get fit and stay fit, Sounds easy right? I wish lol! I've tried and failed countless times over the 3 years but believe I am now ready to begin my real fitness journey! As i've been going to the gym on and off for the past three years, I've realized most of the time it's dreadful for me to keep pushing myself to go back multiple times a week so what I have decided to do is add a little diversification to my workouts and will split them across these activities throughout the week:

-Working out at the Gym

-Swimming

-Playing Hockey

-Cycling

-Yoga

This way I won't be doing the same redundant stuff over and over again and hopefully will be my breakthrough to attaining my ultimate goal.

Welcome

Congrats on your change in eating and your weight loss. This is certainly good for your overall health and longevity.

Yes, I agree with you, doing different types of workouts helps to work the body/muscles in many different ways making your overall fitness better, keeps the workouts more interesting and less chance of boredom of doing the same ole thing all the time. I also have found if you enjoy something you will do it more often. It looks like you have a good variety going on. Have you ever tried kettlebells? I recently started them and it is a good full body workout with all the various exercises you can do with them.

• 4 weeks later...