Been away for a while. Starting back. Little background in a nutshell:
- I'm 32 (will be 33 in Aug 2015)
- Starting working out in Jan 2003 @ age 21.
- Started managing gyms in mid-20's, spend most of my 20's working out on and off, ranging from really dedicated to taking over a year off.
- Main issue was chest injury + extremely long hours working in gyms.
- Went veg in 2008, started working in consulting, and started my own personal training company 2 years ago.
- Been serious about lifting again past 2 years, but recently been out of it for 2 months due to bad habits, lack of discipline, and some seasonal sickness.
Reason For Journal: I need accountability. I need to want this as bad as a drowning man want's oxygen. I need advice, support, and I need to catch the bug again... I used to frequent these boards, and be a part of this culture, but I've just fallen off.
I really hope I can find a few of you that take interest in what I'm doing, and use this journal as a tool to get back in the game.
Currently: I'm 5,10, 225lbs, probably 30% BF, in bad cardio shape, still packing some muscle from when I was lifting seriously, but not incredibly strong right now either. Arms are 17.25, waist is 40, and I need to do the rest of my measurements.
When I started lifting I was 155lbs. I became obsessed with getting big, and thus got to the weight I'm at today.
I want use bodybuilding and the style of training my gym practices, http://www.barefitpt.com
, to get lean, functional, and into the kind of shape that outdoor, adventure athletes are going for.
I will post workouts, and nutrition logs. I am going to do:
Tues: Upper Back/Biceps
Wed: Obstacle Training
Fri: Lower Back/Hamstrings
Sat: Rest or sports (basketball, climbing, etc.)
Sun: Rest or sports (basketball, climbing, etc).
Nutrition is 60/20/20 (complex carbs, protein, fats) plant-based diet.
meal plan M-F will look something like this:
Breakfast: oatmeal, earth balance, few drops maple syrup
Morning Snack: green smoothie
Lunch: salad + chia seed + beyond meat vegan chicken
Snack: Sun Warrior protein shake
Dinner: brown rice, veg, legumes
Snack: scoop almond butter
Goal: Lose 3% BF per month. Cut from 30% down to 10% in 7 months. I will be a lean, fit 10% BF, in the best shape of my life on my 33rd birthday.
Short-Term: Drop 4% (down to 26%) by 01.31.15
Hope to get some good convos rolling. And I plan to check in on some other journals as well.