• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah they are.. i cant wait to become stronger

today

SQUAT

5x5 x 37.5kg

OVERHEAD PRESS

5x5 x 25kg (i felt like i could have added 2.5 kg more but the last OHP i did was the last wednesday so i guess was better to do that again)

BARBELL ROW

5x5 x 45kg (same thing for OHP)

hey man thanks for asking! my ankle feels great it is totally recovered, i did 10 stair flights for 10 times (with 1 minute rest between sets) but running this time so no added weights, but my calves were a bit sore the day after so i guess this stair thing is not that bad i will do it more often.. and cant wait tomorrow for some squat!!

today i started the warrior diet.. lets see how it goes..

SQUAT

5x5 x 45kg

OHP

5x5x 27.5

DEADLIFT

3x5 x 75kg i could have added 5kg more but i am waiting for a new barbell with more space each sides and unfortunately my discs do not go over 10kg

BARBELL CURLS

2x10 x 20kg

1x8 x 20kg

BENCH DIPS

3x10

I am starting to have problem with the squat, but only when i hold the bar behind my back, it seems difficult to let the bar go a bit more down on my back and the bones of my shoulders start to hurt and i feel like my hands are not holding properly.. i have no problem with going down and squatting but holding the bar it is a nightmare.. probably because i do not own a squat rack and to start the squatting position i do an assisted power clean.. i will buy soon a simple rack i hope that will change the situation

• 3 weeks later...

I will update my log at the end of february.

I added some other exercises to my workouts (ABABAB)

WORKOUT A

paused low-bar squats 5x5

paused bench press 5x5

barbell row 5x5

barbell shrugs 3x10

weighted crunches 3x20

pushups 3xfail

WORKOUT B

paused low bar squat 5x5

OHP 5x5

deadlift 5x5

chin ups 3xfail

dips 4x8

weighted crunches 3x20

5-10 mnutes of cardio after working out (burpees, jumping jacks)

I add 2.5kg every workout on squat, bp, br, and ohp

5kg on Deadlift

I am actually following the warrior diet (20 hours fasting 4 feasting) based on 2700kcal

I am currently 180cm 23yrs old 88kg and 20%bf

Looking up on getting stronger and maybe leaner

My aim is to start a powerlifting training maybe next fall or winter.

Hey no cold as fucking ice in Berlin But i will move back to my hometown in Italy in April so i guess there is warmer.

About the diet is perfect, i feel a bit hungry when i wake up but after 1 hour is gone.. Is actually a release to eat only in 4 hours, instead of counting macros every 3 hours eating, feeling tired, carrying food around and so on.

The ankle is perfect.. I only discovered i have a bit of hypolordosis, my low back has basically no curve at all so i am trying to fix this with stretches and soon i will go to physiotherapist or chiropractic.

I even took a strength and conditioning coach to be sure my forms on squats and deadlift are perfect because i noticed a "butt wink" when i go ass to grass..

I have trained with the strength coach and he fixed my squat by using box squats and exercises to strengthen my hamstrings glutes and lower back.

Also he said i should forget about intermittent fasting everyday or at least not so extreme as the warrior diet, i kinda trust him since he is a great powerlifter.

Tomorrow i will see how it goes about deadlift and bench press seminar!! I am so happy

About the diet, i will try one week in this way, forgetting about processed tasty vegan fake meat and focus more on whole foods.

an example:

BREAKFAST

Oat flakes 100g + soja milk 100 ml

Myprotein Pea protein powder 20g + soja milk 200ml

POST WORKOUT SHAKE

Pea protein 40g + soja milk 300 ml + Blue berries 125g

POST WO MEAL

Salad- Raw Spinach 100 g, bell peppers 100g

Red Lentils 80g + Amaranth 20g, Broccoli 100g and tomato sauce 200g, olive oil 14g

DINNER

Tofu 200g,

brussel sprouts 200g

Brazil nuts 20g

Sunflower seeds 20g

Almonds 20g

2419 kcal

243g carbs

81g fat

156g pro

49g fiber

Let´s see if i will get rid of abdominal fat

• 2 weeks later...

Well my S&C Coach gave me the program to follow which is basically stronglifts 5x5 but with only a 2,5kg progression each week in order to study the form better at least for one month, adding some accessory exercises to do at least twice a week:

Face pulls 2x10

hammer curls 2x10

back extension 3x10

hamstring curls 3x20

glutes raise 4x10

fatman pull 3x10

dumbbell press 2x15

tricep extensions with rubber bands 50-100

these are exercises that i will use to strengthen lats, shoulders, hamstrings, glutes and lower back so they can help me more in the 3 big lifts.. cant wait for monday

• 1 month later...

Came back to my hometown and started in a typical fitness gym unfortunately

Warm up:

Hammer curls 10 each 3x10

Face pulls 3x10

Hip bridge 2x15

Bench Press:

Sets 1 x 10 reps x 20kg

1x4 x 27,5

1x3 x 30

1x3 x 35

4x3 x 37.5