Kelle23's training and diet log

I'm not going to be posting diet on here until I'm on board with the vegan changes. Everything between then and now will frustrate me to look at it later.

Been training for two months now

Starting weight= not sure, will check at gym tomorrow

6/16/14- 40 minutes of slow pace dog walking, 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous treadmill walking

6/17/14- 40 minutes of dog walking,

Strength training= 3 sets, 12 reps each

Arm extension 30 lbs

Arm curls 30 lbs

Chest press 30 lbs

Row 40 lbs

Pulldowns 40 lbs

Flys 30 lbs

Rear delts 20 lbs

Back extension 50 lbs

Leg curl 40 lbs

Leg extension 40 lbs

Leg press 110 lbs

Abduction 60 lbs

Adduction 60 lbs

Crunch 45 lbs

Hi Kelle!

Not sure if you're either starting out with vegan, starting out with working out, or both.....that said..

Your routine sounds pretty well rounded. Sort of working the whole body and knocking out 12 reps x3 is good for leaning up and strengthening.

Might suggest adding in (and yeah, I'll challenge you!) planking...Sort of push-up position but on your elbows as opposed to you hands....keep hips up...and time. Start out targeting 1 minute....then 1:30....the 2 min......

And when your at home or wherever, some body weight squats...use a chair if you like a first....start out with maybe 3 sets x 12 reps...you can up the reps as you shape up and define your legs, thighs, gluets......(spell checker doesn't like that!).

Thanks for the suggestions! I wonder if I can do the plank against the wall. My weight is about 280 right now and I have a hard time supporting my weight with my upper body. My legs are really strong from carrying around 500 pounds for years, but the arms need work

The squats with the chair are definitely doable....I can't do them without a chair right now because of previous knee injuries, but I look forward to gettting to a place where I can do deeper squats and accomplish them without a chair!

Thanks so much for responding to my post, you're the first person to do so here

You're welcome!!!

And you're right, planking without core development can really strain the back...that's where I feel it after a long duration.

Before planking. Might suggest you try some supermans. Lay face down on the floor with your arms up above your head, legs straight out. Goal would be for 5 sets. Using timer or just count in your head 1-1 thousand, 2-1 thousand, trying to simultaneously lift your arms and your legs/feet off the floor. Don't worry about the total time...just do what you can...and then again for 5 sets...write it down. Doesn't matter if it's 1 second, or 5. Each time will improve.

With nicely tuned diet...hate that word cause its really a lifestyle...but anyway, with good intake you should start seeing the lbs coming down, and your energy coming up. Won't be perfect, don't beat yourself up esp if you're new to the whole plant-based thing, we're only human.

Doing the crunches in your workout is good too, as your core is your middle..front and back. Otherwise, with your workout you should start seeing some changes, for the better. Much like some of our (me!) debt situation...didn't happen in a few days or weeks or even months so reversal and trending upwards will take similar amount of time.

1% every day...good mantra!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
So how is it going? getting closer to getting on board with the vegan changes?

Good luck on your training kelle. I'm a new member and about a month long since I started to do vegan but as I have read up slow transition is best so I'm not quite on board yet. Just a bit curious though to C.O. how is it that your post shows last on this thread when it says posted on jul 14 2014?