The Plant Powered Tank Training Log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Eiji
Manatee

Re: The Plant Powered Tank Training Log

#31 Postby Eiji » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:13 pm

:supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:

I really enjoyed reading this post. Good work man!!!
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#32 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:39 am

Thank you Eiji. I know most logs are just about logging in your workout and that's it but ya know…sometimes you get thoughtful.
One of the best things about being a Vegan is that after a couple of weeks, your poop becomes so clean you barely have to wipe.

“If you can’t win, make the athlete ahead of you break the record.”

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#33 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:39 pm

I love how my stomach looks and feels with no beans and minimal grains in my diet. The only grains I eat are at dinner time when I have gluten free cereal.

I've decided to get out of the 190s by the end of this month. So 3-4lbs to lose in 2.5 weeks? Doable.

I ran this morning. I went against the Couch to 5K plan because one…I haven't the patience to start and stop and two, I don't have a smartphone for the app so it's a constant look at a watch which screws up my rhythm and blah. It's a good program for others, not for me. So this morning I slept past the 5:30am alarm which would have allowed me to run outside in the dark, and woke at 8am, to which I would normally say screw it and "schedule" a run tomorrow but instead I hit the gym and jumped on the treadmill.

This stocky tank thudded on the treadmill for a mile. (My plan is to run a mile daily until I can run it without walking, then move on to two miles, then three. Three miles (5K) without walking is my goal) With a couple of walks in between I did a sub 13min mile. At 12:57. This is actually the best mile I've done since I was 12 years old. (During those dreaded fitness tests in P.E. class) Last year I tried running and it took me 17 minutes, I got so disheartened I never tried again until now. I'm actually excited by it now. This has been an amazing week with the surprise weight loss and now a PR in running. Last night I did the Magic 50 with 25lbs for the full 5 circuits. Another PR. So, breaking it down, my training in the last 24 hours was:

Magic 50

5 dumbbell swings per arm (25lbs)
5 dumbbell clean and presses per arm (25lbs)
10 lat pull downs

Repeat x5.

Abs

Russian Twists 2x10
In Outs 2x10
Flutter Kicks 2x10
Scissor Kicks 2x10
V Ups 2x10

1 mile run.

I pull night shift tonight and morning shift tomorrow so tomorrow my run will either be at 5:30am before work, or 10pm at night, because I want to run outside and with my self consciousness it needs to be dark. Along with Magic 50 at the gym.
One of the best things about being a Vegan is that after a couple of weeks, your poop becomes so clean you barely have to wipe.

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#34 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 am

I land really hard when I run. I have shin splits (splints?) from my last run oh well. I need new shoes so that may have something to do with it. Found out the Rail Trail (running/walking/biking in the woods paved trail) that's behind our apartment has mile markers on the trail itself, and street signs of the streets above us that the trail runs under. I've found markers for my 1, 2 and 3 mile training so when I miss my morning pre dawn run, I can run during the day anyway in the seclusion of the trail. Damn self consciousness. Have some errands to run, then will be hitting the gym and doing:

1 mile run
Magic 50
5K on the elliptical.
Abs

Upping my cardio from now on because I don't want to be gaining muscle without ditching the fat and having the scale weigh heavy. Will be doing a 1st of the month weigh in each month.

Side note: There is a chance I won't be starting BJJ in the Spring next year. Over the course of the next couple months, I'll be taking my wife to various OBGYNs to gather a high risk team and their approval to possibly expanding our family. If they approve and give the a-OK for her to be pregnant…I'll be in training to be a father rather than a JiuJitsu artist next year.

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#35 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Update: Just crushed my one mile PR. From 12:57 two days ago, to 12:33. Need a 5 minute long breather before hitting the iron so hopped on to tell you guys that. :D

Running isn't easy. Or maybe running on a treadmill isn't easy, not sure which one… Both?

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#36 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:15 am

Skipped the gym yesterday and am going to skip it today too. Yesterday I worked an 8 hour shift hauling 280lbs worth of...things I'd rather not mention on this forum. So I got my lifts in. Today I just need some rest, doing night shift until 10pm tonight so a little recovery would be good. Off tomorrow so back to the grind.

kathymtns
Manatee

#37 Postby kathymtns » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:50 pm

I can't stand running on the treadmill. Running is not my favorite thing, but it is much better outside. Great job on the running!

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#38 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:02 pm

I'd like it better if the tread was wider. My running form leaves much to be desired and instead of running in an almost one-foot-in-front-of-the-other straight line, I run so my feet land side by side so treadmills don't feel stable. But my self consciousness is still up and running too much for me to run in the daylight.

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#39 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Alright, net's back on so as promised, here are my one month progress pictures.

And for days when I'm not loving my body, here's to putting things in perspective:

This is the full 62lb weight loss from 255lbs two years ago to 193lbs today at 5'6.

kathymtns
Manatee

#40 Postby kathymtns » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Wow, that is awesome!

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#41 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Thank you. Sometimes it takes pictures to actually see the difference when you don't always feel the difference.

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#42 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:08 pm

More like the Magic 30 instead of the Magic 50, I upped the weight from 25lb dumbbells to 30lb dumbbells and upped the lat pulldown from 50lbs to 60lbs, I got three circuits done before I got a really painful headrush so I stopped, did my abs and went onto wifey's training. (She pulled 50lbs btw.) Now settling in for the night with post workout food. Tuna salad with crackers for her, seeds, raisins and gluten free cocoa pebbles trail mix for me. I put my scale away until weigh in on the 1st. I mean away away, in another room on the other side of the apartment, in the closet. Have a good night everyone.

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#43 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Training will be taking a backseat until I can get some sleep. Last night the missus was sick, this morning I was sick. Had to wake up twice in the middle of the night, only to be at work at 7am, then tomorrow I'm working from 1:30pm to 10pm, then Tuesday I'm on 8am to 4pm, it's just...a lot. Plus we're getting down to the last week of the month, rent's due so food's not in real abundance, I don't want to be using it up on post workouts. My weigh in is in 10 days so we'll see what happens then. I'm honestly so thrilled with being out of the 200's after all these years, being in the 190's isn't that bad. So if my log winds up slacking down the forum a little bit this week, I'm not being lazy, I'm just trying to balance everything. Sometimes I can only get my training in a couple days a week, some weeks I can do more. I guess it's better than nothing. Have a good week everyone.

Gaia
Elephant

#44 Postby Gaia » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:10 am

impressive photos of your progress!

And finally, someone who understands balance of life and working out. And doesn't see it as an excuse to just say f*ck it and give up saying it isn't doable. Luv how you can weave work, eating, budget, and fitness goals set for yourself with a realistic perception.

Keep inspiring with your posts!

TankOnTwoLegs
Rabbit

#45 Postby TankOnTwoLegs » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:33 am

Thank you, I never thought of myself as real inspiring but that's awesome.

Sometimes people get turned off by training because of their life and others become gymoholics for the same reason. I'm just trying to be a better version of me for myself and my family. We're planning on expanding our family within the next year or so and how good of a father am I going to be if I can barely walk 10 steps, ya know? On the other hand, how good of a father am I going to be if I work and workout too much to even stay awake to change a diaper? Sure everyone has 30 minutes to get a work out in, but ya know what? Sometimes I'm just too tired to get that work out in, there isn't anything wrong with listening to your body, to your spouse, or to your wallet. In the end, the things that need to be done take precedence over the things that want to be done.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”