Fire Academy prep and food log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Eiji
Manatee

Re: Fire Academy prep and food log

#121 Postby Eiji » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:01 am

Thanks man. I doubt I will have time to. I would like to though. Maybe I will post a weekly update.
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

jmf
Rabbit

#122 Postby jmf » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:19 am

do you expect the academy to be more or less challenging than your current workouts? Good luck!

Eiji
Manatee

#123 Postby Eiji » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:13 am

jmf wrote:do you expect the academy to be more or less challenging than your current workouts? Good luck!

Thanks man!

I expect the academy workouts to be somewhat challenging but that my workouts and conditioning will have prepared me to the point that they won't really affect me all that much. There is also a full day of very physical manipulative practice of fire fighting skills after the morning PT. The academy is 5-6 days a week 12hrs per day for 16 weeks. The manipulative skills need to be done step by step precisely. There is also an amazing amount of information that I will be responsible for learning and memorizing. My level of conditioning will greatly affect my ability to stay mentally focused and error free during the drills and in the classroom.
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

jmf
Rabbit

#124 Postby jmf » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:25 pm

yep, totally agree with that philosophy. When I went into basic training in the military, I got out in worse shape than when I started. The majority of my peers were not well conditioned upon entry, which made the rest of the training far more difficult for them. Accordingly, I racked up on awards night...lol.

Awesome that you're showing up prepared...please keep us posted if possible!

Eiji
Manatee

#125 Postby Eiji » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:29 pm

11/12/15
2 days out

Went back to the stairs today. Yesterday just didn't do it for me. I counted the stairs too. Its actually 245 steps up to the top then about 100m away another set of 200 steps going down the other side of the hill.

I did 4 rounds of out and back. It totaled 2.5 miles and 1010' of elevation in 39:50. This is equal to going up and down a 105 story stairwell.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”