Fire Academy prep and food log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Eiji
Manatee

Re: Fire Academy prep and food log

#61 Postby Eiji » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:10 am

esqinchi wrote:That's a ton of push-ups dude nice!

Hot out there? It's perfect October weather here now man. Heading up to Madison mid-November. Can't wait!

Thanks! I've been working on my capacity. I'm going up against a bunch of young studs in the academy and hopefully I can set myself apart.

It was super nice this week but got really hot today at 100 deg and will be hot thru the weekend. You're going to love Madtown. If you ever meet Catfish, local blues guitarist looks like Yosemite Sam, tell him I said hello.
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

Eiji
Manatee

#62 Postby Eiji » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:45 pm

Took a few days off. Ate like a champ :popcorn:

10/13/15

Max test
Dead hang pull-ups - 22 (decent)
Push-ups chest to floor 80bpm tempo with metronome, one beat up one beat down- 44 (needs improvement)
Sit ups 60bpm metronome - 55 (pretty weak)

Once I could not keep pace with the metronome the count was stopped for push-ups and sit-ups.

60 min later

Low intensity/high volume WO
20 sets each of 5 pull ups alternated with 10 slow chest to floor push-ups. Took me 26 min
Total of 100 pull-ups and 200 push-ups.
2 min on 25 sec off jumprope x 5
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

esqinchi
Elephant

#63 Postby esqinchi » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:10 pm

Interesting idea training with the metronome. I bet on pushups you could really bring the pain if you brought that down to 40bpm.

Eiji
Manatee

#64 Postby Eiji » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:03 pm

esqinchi wrote:Interesting idea training with the metronome. I bet on pushups you could really bring the pain if you brought that down to 40bpm.

Haha. I just might try that.

Eiji
Manatee

#65 Postby Eiji » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:10 pm

10/14

30 days out.

Trail run. 5 miles with 1250' elevation gain. 54:23. Beat my time by 20 sec even though the climb was slower and felt significantly harder today. I made up the time on the way down. I'm not sure why the climb hurt more today but I think some active recovery stretching and foam rolling plus increasing volume will help. You kind of have to run everyday to get good at it.

Eiji
Manatee

#66 Postby Eiji » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:02 pm

10/15

No training today but results below

Thank you for participating the in academy wellness day. If you have any questions in regards to injuries, nutrition or other please feel free to reply to this email. Below are the results of your initial body composition measurement

Weight : 185.2 Lbs.

Lean Mass: 163.7 Lbs.

Fat Mass: 21.5 Lbs.

Body Fat %: 11.6%

Eiji
Manatee

#67 Postby Eiji » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:03 pm

I'd like to stay in the 8-10% range so I'm pretty close.

Eiji
Manatee

#68 Postby Eiji » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:15 pm

10/16/15

Tough, grueling workout today. I love pushing myself to the limit.

Jumprope 2 min on / 25 sec off x 5

Paired
Pull-ups x 14,14,9,11
Bulgarian ring dips x 5,5,5,5

Paired
Ring rows x 9,9,10
Archer ring push-ups x 6,6,6 each side

Farmer's carry 70lb x 100 m to the hill

Farmer's carry 70lb x 100m up hill
Run down run up
Farmer's carry 70lb x 100m down hill
Run up run down
Repeat 3x

Farmer's carry 70lb x 100m to home.

Eiji
Manatee

#69 Postby Eiji » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:09 pm

10/17

Trail run: 5 miles with 1250' elevation gain in 53:08.

1:15 improvement. I made all the improvement in the climbing portion which felt awesome. But I was much slower on the decent today because my hamstring started to cramp up. I should've drank more in the way up and not saved it but the cramp went away after drinking and the last mile was decent.

kathymtns
Manatee

#70 Postby kathymtns » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Wow, that is awesome!

Eiji
Manatee

#71 Postby Eiji » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:35 pm

I've started doing more mobility work. Running really binds up my glutes/piriformis so I have been doing the limber 11 routine daily. I am going to take a look at the simple 6 routine as well. Both on YouTube

Eiji
Manatee

#72 Postby Eiji » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:13 pm

10/19

Training:

Warmup: jumprope 2 min on/ 25 sec off x 5

Paired
Pull-ups x 13,13,13,11
Bulgarian ring dips x 6,6,6,6

Paired
Ring rows x 9,10,10
Archer ring push-ups x 7,8,8 each side

Deadlift
225x5
315x3...feeling a bit off and called it a day

Eiji
Manatee

#73 Postby Eiji » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:25 pm

10/21

Training:

Jump rope 2:00 on :25 off x 5

10 rounds of:
6 pull-ups
12 chest to floor push ups
15 floor to overhead 45lb plate raise

It took me 18 min. I was a bit sluggish.

kathymtns
Manatee

#74 Postby kathymtns » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:45 pm

looks like a good workout. I was feeling sluggish today as well.

Eiji
Manatee

#75 Postby Eiji » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:55 pm

I had my pre academy physical today

BP - 103/66
Resting HR -44 bpm which was taken while I was standing waiting for to get on the treadmill for the exertion test.
I don't remember the exact protocol for the treadmill test but I was like this. 2 min of a regular walking pace at 0 deg and the pace got faster and faster while the treadmill gradually tilted to 16 deg. I was at a speed walking pace for a couple min. I think it was 12km/hr where my HR hit 136 and BP measured 124/66.

Lol my resting HR and BP before vegan was 60 and 124/84

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”