Fire Academy prep and food log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

HIT Rob
Gorilla

Re: Fire Academy prep and food log

#76 Postby HIT Rob » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:46 am

Awsome stuff!

Best of luck moving forward.

kathymtns
Manatee

#77 Postby kathymtns » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:05 pm

That is awesome!

Eiji
Manatee

#78 Postby Eiji » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:25 pm

Thanks guys! Oh yeah. I weighed in at 187 at the physical.

10/23

Well this week was pretty weak on workouts so I kicked it up a bit today

Training:
8:45
5 mile trail run with 1250' elevation in 53:31. Just a bit slower than last time.

Rehydrated and ate 5 medium red potatoes and had some soy milk.

1:00 second workout
During the warmup I cranked out 6 bar muscle ups. A PR which surprised me given I was still a bit drained from the morning run.
The workout:
2 rounds of
2000m row
400m farmers carry (2-53# kettle bells)
200 jump ropes
1 mile run
400m farmers carry same weight
200 jump ropes

2 person relay. So we broke the row into 500m 2x each, 200m each farmers, 100 jump ropes, and 4-400m runs. When one person was working the other did 25 push-ups and took their rest.

400 push-ups total.

I must have not fully hydrated and replenished electrolytes because I was cramping up bad at the end of that workout.

I'm going devour some grub tonight!
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

Eiji
Manatee

#79 Postby Eiji » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:12 pm

10/24

I expected to be tired and a bit drained today but woke up with energy and a disappointment that this was going to be a rest day. I gave it my best shot but talked myself into letting me do a strength workout since I have been so focused on endurance workouts lately.

Training:

Paired push/pull

Chin-ups +75lbs x 4,4,4,4,3,3,3

Bulgarian ring dips x 7,7,7,7
Archer ring dips 3,4,4 each side

It was my first time doing archer dips. It's a pretty cool movement and really had me focusing on generating power on one side while coordinating support from the extended arm.
Make no excuses to skip a training session. Feel stressed, sad, sick or tired? Go train. Your friends, your heart, mind and body will lie to you. Telling you that you need that recovery day. Go ahead, stay home. I'll be training that day and getting better no matter what.

Eiji
Manatee

#80 Postby Eiji » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:44 pm

10/26/15

Training:

Trail run- 3 miles with 900' elevation in 34:50. Man this one hurt today. I did not feel light at all going up.
Pull ups x 13,13,13,13,12
Bulgarian ring dips x 8,8,8,8,6

I was a bit slower on my run this morning but showed good progress on both pull-ups and Bulgarian dips.

Tomorrow I'll run the trail again and do push-ups and planks. Or just the trail depending on recovery.

Eiji
Manatee

#81 Postby Eiji » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:37 pm

10/27/15

I could've used another hour of sleep but it only happens when I'm disciplined at night. Tonight will be disciplined! That's the plan. I will leave my phone in the kitchen so I'm not tempted.

Practiced with FF tools all morning so I didn't get to the run until noon so the sun was beating down.

Training:
Trail run - 3 miles with 900' elevation in 32:34. Over 2 min faster than yesterday but that's not saying much. Felt pretty good. When I made it to the top it felt like I had taken a short cut somewhere. I didn't, it just felt much shorter today.

The plan for the rest of the day is studying with 500 sit ups and 500 push-ups mixed in. I'll keep you posted

jmf
Rabbit

#82 Postby jmf » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:20 pm

900' in 3 miles...and 2 minute improvement...grueling!

Eiji
Manatee

#83 Postby Eiji » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:47 pm

jmf wrote:900' in 3 miles...and 2 minute improvement...grueling!

Ha, yeah it's actually 900' in the first 1.5 miles to get to the top then 1.5 miles of a jog on the way down.

Eiji
Manatee

#84 Postby Eiji » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:19 pm

10/27/15 continued

500 push-ups and 500 sit-ups completed.

Eiji
Manatee

#85 Postby Eiji » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:59 pm

10/28/15

I had a very busy day running around doing errands and didn't bring any food with me. I ended up at a Thai place and scarfed down some sweet basil veggies with tofu and 2 servings of rice at 12:30. That ended up being way too much to process in time to do my run and be home by 2:30 when my kids get home. I didn't figure that out till about half way up the mountain when my energy production was suffering and my stomach contents didn't want to stay down. I was able to complete the run without incident albeit about a minute slower than yesterday.

3 miles with 900' of elevation - 33:35

jmf
Rabbit

#86 Postby jmf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:48 am

just curious...if you run in the morning (perhaps semi-fasted) are your times better/worse or more/less consistent? (not a runner here...but I lift early am, in which I give up a little strength, but consistency is higher)

Eiji
Manatee

#87 Postby Eiji » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:59 am

jmf wrote:just curious...if you run in the morning (perhaps semi-fasted) are your times better/worse or more/less consistent? (not a runner here...but I lift early am, in which I give up a little strength, but consistency is higher)

Absolutely correct sir. I have to get my kids off to school in the mornings and Wednesdays I volunteer at another schools reading program so sometimes I just have to fit it in when I can. Getting the volume in should still be beneficial for my conditioning and getting out there when it's hot keeps me used to working in high heat.

Eiji
Manatee

#88 Postby Eiji » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:53 pm

10/29/15

Went to a cross fit gym to workout with some of the academy recruits.

4 rounds of:
10 pull-ups
15 53# kettle bell swings
10 box jumps 24"
20 push-ups
400m run
50 jump ropes
400m run
50 jump ropes

There was 6 of us and we paired up into 3 teams. Each teammate had to do all of it but couldn't be doing it at the same time. I did 10 pull-ups then he did 10 pull-ups and I couldn't start the swings till he was done with his pull-ups. All the way down the list just like that except for the run portion. We did the jump ropes while the other was running.
My team came in at 34:33
Team 2 - 36:40
Team 3- 38:52

Haha...pretty good for an old man. Love it when I'm working out with the young guys and they say "how old are you?!? WTF?" Last set of pull-ups I cranked out 19 just to see what I could do at that state of oxygen debt.

Eiji
Manatee

#89 Postby Eiji » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:45 pm

10/30/15

Training:

Pull-ups BW x 14,13,13,13,13*
*last rep was a grinder
Archer ring dips BW x 5,4,4,3,4 both sides

20 rounds of:
5 BW ring rows
5 BW ring dips
In 16:29

I know I'm neglecting overhead work. I'll get on it. Tomorrow morning I'm going to see about that 5 mile hill run. Starting to hydrate now.

kathymtns
Manatee

#90 Postby kathymtns » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:56 pm

I feel in better shape now than I did in my 20's. I always out do my kids which makes me feel good. I guess I am competitive. I love crossfit workouts. I used to do Gfit which is similar to crossfit, except without the olympic lifts. I always loved to compete with the younger group. Looks like it was a great workout.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”