getting lean and defined

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

kathymtns
Manatee

Re: getting lean and defined

#136 Postby kathymtns » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:21 pm

It has been a while since I have posted. I have been sick with Bronchitis. It has been a full 7 days since I have done anything. I am hoping to get back on track next week. I may try walking on the treadmill today and see how I do. I haven't been doing my meal plan. I pretty much have eaten oatmeal, soups, gluten free bread and green smoothies. I am hoping to get back on track next week with my meal plan as well.

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#137 Postby HIT Rob » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:59 am

Get well soon Kathy, youll be back at it in no time:)

kathymtns
Manatee

#138 Postby kathymtns » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks. I am still feeling tired and have a slight cough that was bugging me last night, but I hit the gym yesterday and did leg and glute day. I kept the weight fairly light and took longer breaks in between. It felt good to be back at the gym. Then I went grocery shopping and was wiped out the rest of the night.

I did go the gym again today and did shoulders and a 12 min. HIIT workout( althought the cardio was pretty easy going). It was a good workout and I kept it lighter again today to let my body ease back into it.

My eating has not been that great with the sickness. I just haven't been hungry and I have been sleeping in late( mostly because I stay up late with coughing and waiting for the medicine to kick in). So most times I am eating breakfast at 11 am. So my eating is thrown off. Last week it was pretty much soup, gluten free bread, smoothies and a few green juices. On some nights I just felt like eating waffles, so I had gluten free waffles.

I stepped on the scale yesterday and I lost 2 1/2 lbs. since being sick. I have to recheck, but I think I lost 1 1/2 inches on my waist. I will recheck again tomorrow. Last night was the first time I have been hungry( could be from working out and actually moving off the rocking chair.)

Food today:
B: oatmeal with berries and protein powder
L: protein shake, 1/2 c. edamme, spring mix salad with raspberry vinegrette, handful of lentil chips
S: 2 rice cakes with almond butter
D: cauliflower fetticine alfredo sauce over mung beand and edamme pasta, peas
S: green smoothie

HIT Rob
Gorilla

#139 Postby HIT Rob » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:56 pm

Good ta hear your back in action:)

Now I know what I want to cheat on, gluten free waffles and maple syrup:))

kathymtns
Manatee

#140 Postby kathymtns » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:48 pm

That is the best cheat is gluten free waffles with maple syrup. so yummy!

Slept horrible again last night. I decided to try and take my thyroid medicine at night, because some people said it helps them sleep better. I slept worse, plus still have this cough. Despite not getting to bed until after 4:30 am, I still had a good workout today. I did hamstrings and back. I felt almost normal with my workout, so that was good.
Now if I can just sleep.

Food has been better today, but hard to get all the food I need to eat since I ate breakfast at 11 am.

Nice relaxing afternoon though. Sat and watched The Flash and the new X-Files. I am not sure what to think of the new episodes. I am a big fan, but these new episodes are not quite the same, although they are funny.

kathymtns
Manatee

#141 Postby kathymtns » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:46 pm

I slept a little better last night. I still tossed and turned a lot though. What I wouldn't give for a full 8 hrs. sleep. I am going to see if I can set up an apt. with a Naturopath and see if she can help me with this sleep issue and retest my thyroid.

Our weather is so weird today. It went from being 50 and windy at 10:30 am to snow at noon. I want spring so bad.
It is a good day to stay at home a relax the rest of the day.

I did a cardio workout today. I kind of mixed it up a little. Stepper, treadmill and elliptical. - 40 min. with 5 min. warmup and 5 min. cooldown.

Food:
B: oatmeal with berries and protein
postworkout: protein shake
L: kale/carrot apple salad, tofu
S: rice cakes with almond butter
D: leftover mung bean and edamme fetticine with 1 c. peas

kathymtns
Manatee

#142 Postby kathymtns » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm getting really sick and tired of not sleeping. I was up until 6:30 am and slept until almost 12. I have to stop that, it is really affecting my life and the life of my family. Luckily my kids do online school, so they can get started working on their school. I have tried everything. I have used lavendar, extra sleepytime tea, melatonin and magnesium spray. I don't like taking over the counter sleeping aids, sometimes they don't work and when they finally do, I feel horrible the next day. Last night I did resort to sleeping aids and extra sleepy time tea. Now I feel like a walking zombie.

I did go workout today although not as heavy as I normally lift. I did chest, arms and abs.

Food:
B:( at noon)- oatmeal with berries, and protein powder
postworkout: protein shake
L:( at 4pm) tofu and leftover kale,carrot,apple and craisin salad
D: don't know yet, maybe leftover fettincine pasta and peas
S: I read somwhere where eating a complex carb can help you sleep- so I am goin to try 1/2 c. cooked oatmeal with a banana or I might make my protein blondies and have a banana with it.

Lack of sleep is making me crave sugar. I ended up eating some dairy free chocolate chips last night.

kathymtns
Manatee

#143 Postby kathymtns » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Last night was the first night I slept all the way through the night for a while. I could have slept a lot longer, but I watched my grandsons this morning. I am still tired, but I think my body just needs to catch up on sleep.

I did enjoy watching them for a while though. They are so much fun. One of the boys is 2 1/2 and is very talkative and says the funniest things. The other one will be one on Saturday. He is always full of smile and really cuddly. I really enjoy seeing them.

I did legs/glutes today

Food:
S: protein shake, 2 rice cakes with almond butter
L: leftover split peas soup, spring mix salad with homemade strawberry dressing
D: beyond meat burger crumbles in brown rice tortilla with peppers and onions, salsa and guacamole

kathymtns
Manatee

#144 Postby kathymtns » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:53 pm

I slept another whole night. Glad of that, although I slept until 10 am so that kind of through off my eating today. I have been thinking of cutting out soy and seeing if my body feels better without it, but at the same time I want to make sure that I am getting in enough protein to see results in my body. I am thinking about it. I know I have lost at least 1 1/2 inches around my stomach area, which is where I want to lose from.

Had a good shoulder workout today along with a 12 min. HIIT cardio

Food:
B: oamteal with berries and protein powder
S: 2 rice cakes
S: protein shake
L: homemade hummus on brown rice tortilla, a couple of slices of tofu, leftover carrot pineapple salad
S: if hungry coconut yogurt
D: trying a new recipe from Six Weeks to Sexy Abs- chikpea fritters, brown rice, steamed spinach

kathymtns
Manatee

#145 Postby kathymtns » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:19 pm

Long day today. My daughter had a her doctor's apt. for her juvinelle arthritis. They think she is outgrowing it. She saw them last year and seemed to be in remission. It looks that way still. I am very happy about this. I know diet did a lot to help her with her arthritis although none of the doctors like to think that.
Then I went to visit my daughter and grandsons who are an hour away. It was nice to spend some time with them

I did get up early and got my workout in today before all the craziness started. I did hamstrings and back.

Food:
preworkout: got up early- banana
S: protein shake( glad I had this driving around today)
L: costa vida salad
S; 2 rice cakes with almond butter
D: beyond chikn strips,1/2 baked potato, veggies

esqinchi
Elephant

#146 Postby esqinchi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Glad to see you are back in action! It is stunning to me how little most doctors know about nutrition. However, they are quick to diagnose things like diabetes, heart disease, various cancers, etc. as a symptom of or being caused by poor diet, and yet totally ignore the inverse; a good diet bringing about accordingly good health. Lots of people blame the system for the knee-jerk reaction of prescribe meds and continue testing (a/k/a keep billing insurance). It's really their own greed that drives the system. Sure, they have high student loans, but if repayment were the driving force, they could get forgiveness through public service. But instead they enter private practice and end up making millions annually while developing a god-complex. I guess the karma is that many of them (most, really) have no idea how to handle their own personal finances. If they just wanted to make money, they should have been bankers. Less education, way easier to make a ton. Anyhow, sorry for hijacking your wall. Happy you are feeling better!

kathymtns
Manatee

#147 Postby kathymtns » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm glad to see someone else believes in the same stuff I do. I am planning on making an apt. with a naturopath soon, for my thyroid. I just want to have someone who is willing to try some of the natural stuff, but does do some medicines if needed. I have looked her up and messaged her and I like a lot of her philosophies. I guess I have always been that way, willing to to try nutrition and natural approaches to try and heal things.

I did a cardio today for my workout- work on the treadmill and the ellitpical. It is so nice outside today and is supposed to be even nicer tomorrow. I am thinking I want to go for a walk tomorrow. All this nice weather makes me want spring, but where we live you never know. It could be spring one day and snowing the next.

Food:
L: edamme, homemade kale chips
D: homemade quesadillas with brown rice tortilla, beyond meat burger crumbles, peppers, refried beans, salsa and guacamole, salad
S: rice cakes with almond butter and 1/2 banana

kathymtns
Manatee

#148 Postby kathymtns » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:45 pm

Slept crappy again last night. I am tired of this insomnia. Hopefully I can get in soon to that naturopath and she can figure out what is going on.

The workout felt really tough today. Chest, arms, and abs.

Food: because of waking up late, my food is off today
L: green smoothie and rice crackers with homemade bean dip
D: veggie dog on gluten free bread, roasted cauliflower
S: either protein blondies or oatmeal

kathymtns
Manatee

#149 Postby kathymtns » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:40 pm

I would probably feel like a new woman if I slept the whole night through. Hopefully tonight.
I finished my month with my trainer. I lost 1 1/2 inches around my waist. Not a lot, but I think it would have been more if I was sleeping through the night. I wanted to do another month with her, because I love the meal plans and workouts, but for now I need to go to my naturopath apt. and figure out what is going on that I am not sleeping and get my body healing.

I wrote my own workouts for the next few weeks.

Back/ bicep
1. reverse grip pullups- 4x AMRAP( I did 3-4 reps)
2. single arm seated row- 4x8 ( 40 lbs,)
3. straight arm pull downs- 4x10 ( 70-80 lbs.)
superset with plank rows- 4x10
4. rope cable bicep curl- 4x8-10 ( 60 lb.s)
5. 21's - 4 sets ( 30 lbs.)
6. drag curls- 4x 10 ( 40 lbs.)
finished off with 2000 meter row

Food:
B: 1 c. cooked oatmeal with raspberries and protein powder
S: 2 rice cakes with almond butter and protein shake
L: gluten free bread and green juice( I was running around)
D: thai bean and curry soup( got at health food resteraunt), brown rice, salad
S: green smoothie or oatmeal with protein powder

kathymtns
Manatee

#150 Postby kathymtns » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:00 pm

I finally resorted to over the counter sleeping pills last night about 4 am. I getting tired of this not sleeping junk. I know I have been whining a lot about it. Can't wait until I see that naturopath. I know a lot of this stems from Hashimotos and I am hoping she can help me with this. Sometimes I feel like my family doesn't understand what it is like .

Leg day:
1. squats on smith machine-4x15 ( 15-30 lbs. each side)\
superset with assisted pistol squat- 4x10 each leg
2. leg press- 4x12 reps( 45-90lbs. each side)
superset with calf raises on the leg press 4x20( same weight)
3. walking lunges with 40 lb. bar-4x20
superset with stiff leg deadlift- 4x10 ( 40 lbs.)
4. single leg lying hamstring curl- 4x10-12 ( 25 lbs.)
superset with single leg deadlift( no weight) 10 reps each side
superset with reverse lunge( no weight) 10 reps
5. inner/outer thigh machine- 4x 10 each( 70-85 lbs.)

Food:( food was not great last night. I ended up doing some snacking on gluten free toast and raw brownies)
B: 1 c. cooked oats with strawberries and protein powder
L: refried beans and homemade cheeze sauce over beanitos chips, salad
D: chickpea fritters, brown rice or roasted potatoes, steamed spinach
S: green smoothie or something else( don't know yet)

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”