jmf's Training Log

jmf

One day out...third day of carb loading. Last night, I felt like I was walking around with a slight pump...but it came back down by the time I woke up, so I'm increasing carbs up to 340g today (leaving protein at 160g, fats at 60g) allowing my total calories to come up to >2500. No more vegetables and berries until after the shoot tomorrow, and having a high sodium breakfast before the shoot...and that is all!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got news yesterday (Sat) that today's shoot was cancelled (phew...lol!) so I decided to pull a little experiment and throw down some serious carbs and sodium intake yesterday...to the point of all that I could stand, just to see if I spill over.

Here was yesterday's intake:

C: 455g

P: 230g

F: 134g

I went to bed with side stitches from eating so much...and today I woke looking quite bloated, but I went to the gym and here's how I looked with a pump:

20151129_063336.jpg.23b0521afc47887939bea0b6503605ae.jpg

I haven't decided which look I prefer...but I think I like the look from several days earlier, with the depleted carbs, better stomach, and slightly less vascular. (I was definitely more comfortable earlier) Anyhow, I learned a lot...and now I have some better ideas for when I go into next photoshoot, or my first competition. (definitely need a cutting phase to get the bodyfat down)

• 2 weeks later...

Monthly update. Weight is up to 193-194 (1-2 lbs) and bodyfat is still unchanged since last measurement, even with the increase to 3100 kcal/day for the last month.

Arms (biceps) increased by 1/4", all other measurements are unchanged...so I'll take that. In all fairness, the peak week in the middle of the month was definitely a setback, so I'm not taking this progress check too seriously. I do see an improvement in my core with the focus on heavier weights.

So, moving forward, I'll continue to stay with 3100 kcal/day and same program (4 day split, no rest days) for the next month!