Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:39 pm 
Gorilla

robert wrote:
So this winter, once my busy fall season is over I think I'll just chill. Literally, since it will be quite cold.

I thought you were going to plan the next Vegan Vacation :mrgreen: ? Okay, I should stop harrassing you, it amazes me how much you get done, do you ever sleep?

Don't get burnt-out, I know a lot of us around here would cry if you did :cry: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Topic: Recruiting members

I've been working harder than ever recruiting new members and it looks like it is paying off. We've had about 20 new active members join in the past week. That is more in one week than we've probably ever had.

I'm really working hard to build vegan communities all over the world and it starts with finding vegans who live in the same geographical area. So I'm out and about bringing all kinds of new members to the forum from my own town of Portland to Australia and all places in between.

It is a tough job, not everyone is into forums, but if you any of you want to lend a hand, that would be great!!!

All you have to do is encourage people to check us out and join. I get up to 50 e-mails a day and instead of answering each question, now I just send people to the forum and explain they'll get better answers there. A lot of people here know a lot more than me and it's great to get answers from a diverse group of people.

So that could be one way to bring people here. If they ask you questions about veganism, protein, training, etc. tell them that on the forum they will get their questions answered within hours from people such as vegan doctors, teachers, trainers, chefs, and other people who have been living the lifestyle for a long time.

Anyway, I'll keep doing what I'm doing but if anyone wants to help bring people together here, we can have a stronger impact when we build vegan communities worldwide.

I'm also giving out prizes for fun for those who refer the most people here :) Tis the season I guess :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:41 pm 
Mastodon

robert wrote:
Topic: Recruiting members

I've been working harder than ever recruiting new members and it looks like it is paying off. We've had about 20 new active members join in the past week. That is more in one week than we've probably ever had.

I'm really working hard to build vegan communities all over the world and it starts with finding vegans who live in the same geographical area. So I'm out and about bringing all kinds of new members to the forum from my own town of Portland to Australia and all places in between.

It is a tough job, not everyone is into forums, but if you any of you want to lend a hand, that would be great!!!

All you have to do is encourage people to check us out and join. I get up to 50 e-mails a day and instead of answering each question, now I just send people to the forum and explain they'll get better answers there. A lot of people here know a lot more than me and it's great to get answers from a diverse group of people.

So that could be one way to bring people here. If they ask you questions about veganism, protein, training, etc. tell them that on the forum they will get their questions answered within hours from people such as vegan doctors, teachers, trainers, chefs, and other people who have been living the lifestyle for a long time.

Anyway, I'll keep doing what I'm doing but if anyone wants to help bring people together here, we can have a stronger impact when we build vegan communities worldwide.

I'm also giving out prizes for fun for those who refer the most people here :) Tis the season I guess :)

Have you tried posting this stuff in bulletins on myspace vegan/veggie groups?

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

Pretty much everyday :)

I don't hit up the different groups too much because they'll just get annoyed with me, but I send out bulletins to more than 5,000 people nearly everyday.

When I have big events going on I'll post that in group message boards as well.

It's great seeing others help promote the site as well.

Even in my own town I can walk to a health food store and see a poster with Me on it and I didn't even put it up...now that's cool to see :) :) 8)

Mypace is a great resource, in fact I frequently mention that 20% of the people here on the forum first learned about it via myspace :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:02 am 
Site Admin

Topic: Large groups of like-minded folks

Here is Portland we are really fortunate to have large groups of like-minded people.

We really do have more vegan-type events in one month than most other states or cities have in an entire year. Sometimes there are 3 festivals going on during the same day in all different parts of town and it is hard to decide what event to go to. And these take place every week.

Tonight we had 57 people for a vegan potluck and there were also two presentations there, so it was a bonus.

We do dinners, potlucks, breakfasts, movie nights, sports nights, festivals, street fairs, etc.

My roommate davidtarrfoster just returned from a trip to D.C. He was away for a week and the first thing he said when I picked him up was that he had forgotton how great Portland was and how much he missed it while he was gone.

I know there are tons of great vegan hot spots worldwide and it is wonderful. Portland is just the best place I've seen yet, and we've been voted the #1 vegan-friendly city in America, and for good reason if you ask me.

I'm hosting a VEGAN Holiday Festival here in Portland and I'm hoping to have 500-1,000 people show up...and we just might pull it off :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Topic: Heading up to Canada again

I'm leaving for Canada again on Thursday morning. I'll be presenting at the Taste of Health in Vancouver and then heading over to Baltimore, MD for a big health expo. Then back to Canada for more Vega stuff, and then I'll return to Oregon to get back on track with training and planning my Vegan Holiday Festival.

Busy times these days, busy times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

Topic: "Robert Cheeke back in action, let's make it happen"

I'm back in Portland and I'm pumped about working for Vega, organizing the Vegan Holiday Festival, and training with davidtarrfoster.

Things are starting to rock and are a lot of fun. I plan on being consistent with my eating, training, and work.

Great things are ahead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:44 am 
Site Admin

Topic: Things are busy

Things are busy these days, and I look forward to our upcoming Vegan Holiday Festival. Once it has passed, I will really relax a bit and focus more on writing, maintaining the main site, traveling a bit, and in general enjoy lower levels of stress.

Well, I should go, it's almost 1AM and I'm still at Pirate's Tavern (vegan restaurant open late).

Busy weekend ahead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:34 am 
Manatee

Robert, tell me something more about the up-coming holiday gathering. I might brave going over the Santiam Pass to get there! I'd like to meet some of my fellow Vegans!

By the way, Yesterday was customer appreciation day at Nature's health food store in Bend. I think the owner there might be supportive of carrying a line of Vega products. I might even get my gym, Cascade Fitness, to carry at least the Vega bars!

It's all about me! I want to have good and healthy food options available to me all of the time!

P.S. You have an amazing schedule! I applaud your dedication and all your work to represent vegan ethicism and fitness to others! Bravo man!

John :salute:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:27 pm 
Elephant

Heya John,
Just about anything ya might want to know can be found here: http://www.veganholidayfestival.com :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks John,

I appreciate the comments. I am very busy, but I do what I do to make a difference in the world and in the lives of individuals I'll never meet. I choose this path a long time ago and I plan on taking it as far as I can.

The Vegan Holiday Festival is just one of many events I'll be heading up.

Thanks loveliberate for posting the info site. I can't always keep up with everything.

We hope to see Many of you there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:25 am 
Site Admin

Topic: Promoting our Vegan Holiday Festival

I've been doing a lot of work promoting our Vegan Holiday Festival in Portland next month. We've done magazine advertisement, press releases have been sent to newspapers and other local publications, we're in touch with some radio stations and we've been flyering all over town. We've also done a bit of online advertising and promoting.

I'm still looking for other ideas, so if anyone has any, please let me know :)

We'd like to get over 1,000 people to attend our event and I think we can do that. I'd like to see 2,000 but that may be another year away.

So, back to promoting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Topic: Nearly nobody wanted to give me a chance, and now we're sold out

Less than 10 weeks ago I had the crazy idea of having a Vegan Holiday Festival here in Portland.

Many people and organizations discouraged me from taking on this project, figuring there wasn't enough time to make it successful. Events like this take a full year to organize, I was told.

So I began working 12-hours a day on this project, even through mulitple trips to Canada and to the East Coast, I kept working on it.

Five weeks into it there were still many questions, cautions and concerns.

I thought it would be successful, but small. I had no idea that 2 weeks before the event, we would completely sell out our 70-table capacity at our facility.

I promised we'd distribute over 2,000 flyers, but had no idea we would have distributed over 7,000 by now and will reach nearly 10,000 before the event takes place.

I had no idea this idea that came into my head two months ago, would lead to perhaps the largest Vegan Gathering in North America. Some are travleling 3,000 miles just to attend.

This is the biggest project I've ever worked on and the most expensive and stressful one.

It takes place in 12 days and I have a hard time sleeping at night. There is still a lot of work to do and I still can't believe how big this has become.

I have many people to thank. There is a team of 5 who is making it happen.

Robert
Donna
Peter
Richard
Heather

We all have tasks we work on up to 10 hours a day (more for me, sometimes up to 15 hours).

Check out www.veganholidayfestival.com for more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:59 pm 
Elephant

Much Thanks to Robert, Donna, Peter, Richard & Heather - Vegan Holiday festival is going to rock! It provides yet more proof of the power that inspired people committed to making their dreams become reality can have. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks! I really hope it goes well. There are also over 100 "paid" volunteers to thank as well. They'll all be getting a free entry to the event and free meal.

Others, like loveliberate have stepped up just because of the want to help make this event great. There are many others to thank as well, Chad from Food Fight! for example.

We've all come together nicely to really do a great thing and have a huge impact on people and animals this time of year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next