Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

Today I'm finally realizing Richmond stinks if your not a cyclist and can't afford to eat at the vegan restaurant 3 times a day. My bike is in the shop for three days so I can't ride. I've gotta get my headset replaced(piece that lets your handlebars turn your fork and wheels) and they don't have one the size I need in stock...which means I have to run. I'm not too happy about that because I hate running. The other thing that sucks is that I haven't ridden for a week anyway since I had to mail my bike from Portland to save cash instead of taking it on the plane.

Schools gonna get started soon which is exciting since I only have two semesters left...plus making pots is a way of pretending I'm somewhere else since I can make pots anywhere. Oh...I'm also giving in to my need to pierce my body...I've been holding off in respect for my mother but I've warmed her up enough to suffer her weakened wrath...I've been wanting to do this since I was 14 or 15 and I haven't due to my mother. This is quite odd since she paid for my first 3 tattoos...the first of which I got when I was 14...and the second was only 3 weeks later. Anyway I'm excited about that...I'll be getting my eyebrow pierced(a hoop) and my lip(a bar). I'm gonna be getting it done in the next week or two so it'll have time to heal so I can take them out for when I have to sell pots to old ladies...they're not too fond of metal on your face or even my tattoos for that matter.

***I'm also gonna be picking up Daywalker in 28hrs which is really exciting...I think he's planning on having a lot of fun on the east coast but little does he know he can have all the fun his heart desired in my house...I have 18 Arnold movies which means you really have no need to ever leave my appartment so maybe we'll do an Aaaanold marathon and get through my collection which may grow while he's here

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hobson...give me a ring 4433061971...Daywalker and I are headed to DC in about 30 minutes and I have class Thursday morning but we'll probably go to the gym after that and we'll need something to do...

Hercules in NY is one of the best epics of all time...I must say if they made 3 of them it would have far outdone Star Wars and Lord of the Rings wouldn't have had much of a chance at outdoing Arnold...even with higher ticket prices

Today Daywalker and I took my roomate to work at 6am...then headed off to the airport to fix another ticketting problem. Now we're at the Library and we'll soon be off to a vegetarian cafe for pancakes and sandwhiches...and maybe a little peanut butter cheesecake if they have any left...

***My bikes also finally out of the shop so I get to ride it again...too bad I'm gonna feel like total crap since I did some heavy leg press sets last night(pyramid up to 650 with 10 reps then going down with burnout sets)...surely sad considering I used to warm up with that weight but what can you do

Not riding for the past week and a half has really kicked my butt...I feel like complete crap but now I'm getting my diet in order so I should be back in order in time for Daywalker to get here...then I can screw it up again...either way its fun and worth it...especially since I won't be eating any junk once he's gone.

Anyway...as for food I'm taking it easy since I've got some holes in my face(eyebrow and labre)...my lip ring(got them last night and I'm stoked since I've wanted these since I was 13-14) makes it hard for me to take big bites since it gets caught on my lower teeth...it shouldn't do that but they gave me a long bar since everyone swells up for the peircing but I didn't at all...so its loose...it also came off and I almost ate the ball for lunch in my raw quinoa/guspacho concoction...surely I'll figure out how to eat with it before we go to Panda Veg...if not I'll need to hold onto it the hole time I'm scarfing down the food...in the meantime it looks like baby food for me

Hey, Potter,

Do you do work on commission? I'm wondering, also, if you have some work online to show? For some time, I've been looking for a large bowl (from which food can be eaten), and haven't found one in the size I want. A few months ago, I came across a site of a vegan who made and sold such items (and sculptures) and had a site, etc. (I now cannot find it, damnit) Anyway, I always prefer to give my business to vegans, when possible.

If you do such work, I would like to discuss your price. I'd love a handmade bowl -- it would be quite the work of art I would enjoy.

Only thing I could find online are these "vegan" bowls; but they just look like bowls where someone baked on the "vegan" -- heck, I could (and have) done that. I would like something more artistic...a vegan theme, would be nice; but, I'd leave that up to the artist -- mostly.

Anyway, if you do none of this type of work, I think you should consider putting some of your work online anyway -- whatever it may be. I expect vegan companies would love to sell your work on their site. It's not like there are a lot of places to purchase (or support vegans) such things.

Even putting some work on VegBay or a site like Art Town might be profitable...

Anyway, sorry to disrupt your blog; but let me know.

Thanks!

p.s. By the way, ever heard of/done any Hikaru?

Yeah...I can make a bowl. Depends on how big though...Anything over 21" tends to be low but 18 inches or so I can make quite deep. Here's a few picks of some:

http://www.care2.com/c2c/photos/view/36/743920056/

Also pretty much everything I make is functional other than Raku and I haven't done much of that for a while...I also never use lead(very few potters use lead anymore and pretty much all the ones that do only use it on the outside of pots). As for price it all depends on size and style...I can make a very simple bowl with a simple glaze...or I can make something with a very intricate glaze pattern with carvings and cutouts that could double the price...either way my pots are cheaper than any pots you'd see anyone else make. For instance...the going rate of a mug is $18-25 now. I'd never sell a normal sized mug for more than $12(I won't increase until inflation makes me). Plus your vegan and vegans always get a deal:) Just give me some guidelines to create off of and I can start creating off of that. I'd probably make a couple to be safe and sell them somewhere else(some may break or not come out as planned either)...it make take a bit though since I'm in a school environment so I've gotta get my stuff fired with 80 other students...won't take forever though. As for Hikaru...I know of two Japanese potters with the name...one makes only white porcelain which I love(would be rather difficult/impossible to make a large bowl with for the best of potters), and the other make traditional slab built pottery which I'm also fond of but not as skilled at. I'm not bad and handbuilding but my expertise is definately the wheel...also large for me is very large for others so let me know what you mean...some potters call a 12" bowl large but thats just a bowl to me...I don't consider a bowl big until its over 16" wide...but then again a 16" wide bowl would only feed one person if that person was me

No worries...my prices are terribly low and even lower for vegans:)

***Oh...I just got done setting up a 2 month show in Baltimore and it looks great(forgot to take pics but I'll be home in a couple weeks). Daywalker helped me and after we were done setting up Liz and her girlfriend met us for lunch...its a great place for food...everyone from Portland should take a daytrip to the cafe and stay there until you can't eat anymore then go back home(not much else in Baltimore). Anyway in an hour or so Daywalker and I are going back to Richmond

Yeah, it was great to see Veganpotter again and to meet Daywalker! And I got to see a bunch of Veganpotter's work--it's really beautiful! We walked away with a number of pieces and plan to go back and buy some other stuff. So anyone who is thinking about getting any of his stuff, do it!

Thanks for having lunch with us, VP (and Daywalker if you read this)!

The next time we go there (which will probably be within 2 or 3 weeks) I could take some photos for you if you like.

Thanks...I don't think I'll need pics though...I'll probably be home in a month to bring more new pots I make in school. Plus it'd be nice to eat vegan food thats healthy...the restaurants here taste good but nothings really healthy. Anyway I'll definately let you know when I come back so I can make you late for work again

Maybe we can all head up to Philly on your next lunch break...meet at Liquid Earth for Chocolate cake then head to Philly for Singapore Vegetarian...we can do this to test your boss

Yay! I'm getting some Potter originals

Don't forget to leave your mark What is your sig on your work, anyway?

Oh wow! I love your work! It's beautiful! Once I get my debts paid off I am definitely going to commission a pot from you!

I'm pretty positive, precocious Potter Piper's proclivity per pot pottery, presupposes a plethoric precious peck of pots per your prospective perusal.

I've needed/wanted a bowl like this for ages! And it will be great to have the cups. Thanks for the huge discount, Potter!

No prob...I'll get on it in a few days. As for my sign I just sign a big J and M with a small s in the middle. My handwriting is messy and everyone tells me to get a stamp but I want to keep that peice of me on my pots...a neat signature or logo isn't me so I don't do that

Oh wow! I love your work! It's beautiful! Once I get my debts paid off I am definitely going to commission a pot from you!

I'm pretty positive, precocious Potter Piper's proclivity per pot pottery, presupposes a plethoric precious peck of pots per your prospective perusal.

Try saying that three times fast! *LOL*

Try saying that three times fast! *LOL*

So did you do it? I love tongue twisters

Potter, I sent you a pm the other day, but it doesn't seem you've picked it up?? I re-sent it right now, just in case. Make sure to let me know if you get it. I emailed you, too, but through this site (it doesn't give me your address, it just sends it, apparently; so I cannot send you an email from my email...); so if you don't get it, there is something wrong with my pm situation...Important info you need to know before you start!

Not sure if I'm receiving pm.'s either...I may need to contact Robert about this...

Thanks.