Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:09 pm 
My legs were more sore today than they've been for months so I really needed to cool it. I woke up and didn't want to stand up. So I decided to just spin a bit on the rollers. 45minutes of easy riding and some abs...hopefully I find my legs tomorrow. No matter how I feel I'll be putting in 6 hours...I just hope my legs enjoy it as much as I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:46 am 
Elephant

Do you know how much time it takes to OrganicAthlete before they send the clothes ? It's been 6 days and it still says "processing" status.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:00 am 
Elephant

hey potter, being that you can do 1000's of crunches at a clip, I was just curious, how many do you do at once before getting up or switching to another exercise? I don't mean without rest like a circuit but like the exact same movement without stopping? Must be some incredible number....

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:12 am 
I used to do sets of 300 regular crunches but now I'm doing something a bit different. I do 250 regular crunches then 150 oblique crunches on each side.....then repeat the cycle. Really I do 1100-1300 crunches...I just say 1000 because its pretty much the same thing.

I'm Your Man...send Brad an email. He may be at some type of event or something. He should send them soon...he's got a lot on his plate considering how many people are members and how much help he has to send things out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:28 pm 
I took it easy today and made some adjustments on my TT position while on the trainer. Nothing big...I increased my saddle height about 4mm. I feel a bit more powerful but more importantly I'm hopefully a bit more aero. Anyhow I spent about 40minutes on the trainer then did some push ups and my crunches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:15 pm 
I got a decent ride in today. It was pretty windy and I was planning to go real easy but the wind didn't let me get away with that for the whole ride. I even struggled to hold 15mph on a few downhill stretches that I can normally coast down at 25mph. Anyhow it was still nice to be out there. It was nice and cool out...not too cloudy like the last few dry days. I managed to get 65miles in at 17.2mph...much faster than I thought I'd go considering the loop I took and the windy conditions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:03 pm 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
I used to do sets of 300 regular crunches but now I'm doing something a bit different. I do 250 regular crunches then 150 oblique crunches on each side.....then repeat the cycle. Really I do 1100-1300 crunches...I just say 1000 because its pretty much the same thing.

:P that's crazy!

I've been working on my abs a bit more recently. Now that I'm running quite a bit again the fat on my midsection has melted away (what little of it there was) so it's a great time to make the muscles a bit more defined. ;)

The winds were bad here today too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:07 pm 
I wish I had your base in terms of your build...my base was a huge stomach from many years of overeating :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:16 pm 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
I wish I had your base in terms of your build...my base was a huge stomach from many years of overeating :wink:

Yeah I have a great build! :D Although I am surprised I don't have more loose skin from my heavier days. I carried virtually all that extra weight around my waist and on my butt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:18 pm 
I'm so amazed when I see you know compared to what you looked like before. I'm a lot smaller than I was but there's definitely evidence of the old me "hanging" around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:26 pm 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
I'm so amazed when I see you know compared to what you looked like before. I'm a lot smaller than I was but there's definitely evidence of the old me "hanging" around.

Thanks. ;) Me too.

You're looking good Jeremy, no need to worry too much. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:28 pm 
I'm not too worried about how I look...actually I kinda like the skin as a momento of the past...I don't like that fact that its extra weight on the bike though. If it didn't way anything I wouldn't mind having twice as much extra skin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:41 pm 
I had a lot of fun riding today. I rode to work in the morning and then after work I led our shops fast group ride. A few guys on TT bikes tried testing my legs...I gave it to them pretty good and dropped them even though I was on my road bike. I pretty much never gave it 100% but I did give maybe 95% a few times. Anyhow thats...9miles to work...a pretty hard 32miles of intervals...then another 9miles home. So thats already 200miles since Sunday...not bad for a race week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:44 am 
I made a late judgment call and decided to keep todays riding to commuting to work...no training other than abs. I really want to put down a fast time Sunday and I'm gonna do a relatively hard ride today and take off Saturday...I've got a lot of miles in this week already so I'm not worried about losing any fitness at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:32 pm 
I had a killer ride today. Lots of mashing in my 53/12...actually over 10miles of it in one stretch. I also did some intense spinning intervals. I didn't completely kill myself...I just gave my legs a taste of what they'll get Sunday. In all I did about 60miles if you include my commute to work...43 of those miles on my TT bike.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next