Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 86  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:40 pm 
Today is my 6th day without riding my bike...my legs feel great but I know they won't as soon as I use them again...I'm also waiting to hear from FED EX to get my money so I can buy a new bike....I'm very excited about that so hopefully riding a new machine will keep me from thinking about the pain...I can imagine long low intensity rides may be painful once I get back on...especially since I'll probably get my new bike Monday or Tuesday then be off to MD Thursday night where I'll rarely be riding since I'll be hangin with the VB crew

Post subject: NEW BIKE
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:40 pm 
I just got my bike late yesterday and rode it 10 miles to get the feel of it...its much different and it was kinda weird. Today however was a different story. I feel like I was jipped on my last bike...my new baby is wonderful...its a pound lighter and it feels like its ten times as stiff...almost as if my old bike were made of toothpicks. I'm in love with my lovely italian lady. Granted I did keep the same seat for old times sake but the rest is all new and wonderful. I haven't really ridden for over a week(10miles isn't riding its strolling) and I did an easy 68mile ride today...I was very suprised I could do that after not riding for a week...hopefully I'll be able to do the same in the morning but maybe not...I was really happy on the bike and after I finished but not riding for a week is catching up to me know that I've been off the bike for 4 hrs...if I feel good in the morning I may ride for 5 hrs...I hope I can do that and get more properly aquainted with my lovely new Italian fling...this time we'll last atleast two years so long as someone doesn't kill her like my last bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:50 pm 
Right now I'm skippin class to post...not a good idea but role was taken so I'm there enough :twisted: Anyway...i just put in another 70miles on my bike today and it was great...my back is a bit stiff but thats from taking the week off. Tuesday will be a day off for me(upper body lifting) and Wednesday it would be nice to do another 70miles if my body feels upto it. Nothing less than 50 no matter what though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:10 pm 
Today I actually rode 76 miles in just 4 hours exactly(I was consiously taking it easy)...thats about the pace my hard 50mile rides go and this felt easy in comparison...I feel I'm getting much better. After class I'm gonna do and easy 50 miles...get my bike tuned and on Friday I'm gonna do a 100miler so I have an excuse to eat way too much in Baltimore. Hopefully I'll do it in about 5:30...I'm not gonna push it I'm just logging hours in on the saddle...then Monday I hope to do it again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:55 am 
Last night I hung out with Robert, Brendan and Charles...it was fun hanging out with Robert again and I also talked to davetarfoster..also getting some nutrional info from Brendan and learning some possible things that will be in the next edition of Thrive. Plus Brendan gave me one of his VEGA injections that I probably shouldn't be telling anyone about.

***Oh...I also at whole dehydrated bananas...really weird but really yummy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:28 am 
Elephant

VEGA injections :shock: ?
You're shootin' up organic blueberries? Efficient!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:30 am 
One is the seeds actually got stuck in a vein so I had to push it through manually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:20 pm 
Just got back home from what seemed to be my third vacation in about two months. It was a great time and I wish life could always be like that...anyway It'll be close when I move to Portland next year. Now I've gotta get some work done in the studio so I can get up early and hammer it on the bike..I'll also be getting my diet in check again which will be very nice after having so many forum members violently forcing food down my throat...it reminds me of Alex...what a terrible man forcing me to eat all that junk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:22 pm 
Yesterday I did my 100 mile ride and it felt quite good...I averaged 18mph for the whole thing going easy which is pretty quick considering the road I ride on...today however didn't feel so hot...I rode 60 miles and my butt was aching from the 20th mile on. I planned on riding 70 in the morning but I doubt my body will let me...we'll see. This will definately be a 400 mile week but if I can pull a 500 mile week I'll be stoked...if not 400 is great and I'll ride 250-300 next week and maybe try a 500 mile week the week after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:40 pm 
BIg pain in the butt...I just put in an easy 85 miles today thanks to the wind in my face but I felt good and I think I could have ridden much faster in better conditions. We'll see how the weather holds up but I think I may get my 500mile week:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:22 pm 
I just put in a miserable 74 miles today...the whole first hour was into a terrible head wind...if I wasn't trying to ride 500miles this week I would have definately taken the day off due to the wind. That first hour really killed me but it died down and after 20minutes my legs got wound up again for the next three hours of riding. Depending on how I feel I may ride 100 miles in the morning but I'll do atleast 80 for sure...I've gotta time it right since I'm doing a 50mile group ride Sunday and I don't wanna be on the tail end of it thanks to all my extra training...not many people I ride with get to go 250 a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:59 pm 
Elephant

Hey Potter,
Have you got any pictures of your new bike?
I wanna see the love of your life :D

If you feel their breath on your skin, you just ache.
Have you ever craved someone so much you didn't exist anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:52 pm 
I've got a pic in the Photos section...its a thread for people to post their bike pics and show off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:40 pm 
Today I rode 85 miles and it was a terrible experience...normally my rides in the wind are somewhat tolerable since I loop back around and get the tail wind but it seemed like someone was directing the wind at my face the whole time. My muscles actually felt pretty good but I rode so slow today trying to get through the wind...much worse than yesterday's ride. Anyway 95 miles to go in two days and I've got a 500mile week...I plan on an easy 55-60mile ride and Sunday I'm riding with my team...I'll probably have alot of trouble keeping up after all this milage but then again I'll be drafting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:47 pm 
I felt great when I woke up this morning and had the advantage of a light tail wind but a few sections of my ride I was going 14mph on roads I normally ride 19-21...really blistering gusts...it wasn't so bad though...now I've only got 40 miles to go...hopefully they won't be so painful. Monday can be painful and Tuesday can be the day I sit on my butt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 86  Next