Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:31 pm 
Stegosaurus

Trev wrote:
Apples are awesome cut up with peanut butter, you know, if you don't have any bananas.

The ironic part to this all though is that I have a school of thought that PB can go on ANYTHING. I've put peanut butter on brocolli and loved it. Apples, banana's, protein bars, oatmeal....I should just make a bowl of oatmeal actually.

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:27 pm 
Stegosaurus

12/15

Probably not lifting today. I plan on eating a lot, going to work, and then enjoying my weekend off (by enjoying I mean working out a lot, but I'm getting my rest today...or maybe cardio after work).

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:29 pm 
Stegosaurus

12/15

Ugh. I went to a Chinese place today which is normally really good (what 2 times I've eaten there), but today it just wasn't that great. I started to think something foreign got into it, but after a while I realized that I never really eat at restaurants anymore and that sometimes it's just not that good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:10 pm 
Elephant

We'll have to do the Hunan Kitchen if you make it to Pittsburgh. Fifteen people from our meetup group went tonight. The food is consistently excellent and the waiters know the ingredients in every dish. There are only two non-vegan items on the vegetarian half of the menu. You can see some pics of me and wannalift here: http://vegan.meetup.com/399/photos/ Tiffaney somehow managed to escape being photographed, maybe because she took the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:12 pm 
Stegosaurus

Unless you're doing a "Myspace whore standing in front of the camera shot", it's easy to avoid the camera while operating it. ;)

As for the pictures of food...if I make it out there..."Hell yes let's go!" That looks delicious. All I can get is General Tso's Tofu, but it would be nice to dine out and have something aside from that....though Sushi is always good too. Does the Hunan Kitchen have a Sushi bar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:18 pm 
Elephant

No, it's really too bad they don't have sushi! If you're ever back in Richmond, check out Sticky Rice. The Tofu Dragon is out of this world. You can check the Hunan Kitchen's menu here. http://www.campusfood.com/restaurant.asp?campusid=355&restid=2961

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:23 pm 
Stegosaurus

michaelhobson wrote:
No, it's really too bad they don't have sushi! If you're ever back in Richmond, check out Sticky Rice. The Tofu Dragon is out of this world. You can check the Hunan Kitchen's menu here. [url]http://www.campusfood.com/restaurant.asp?campusid=355&restid=2961
[/url]

Seriously, there's nothing like avocado roll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:26 pm 
Stegosaurus

It seems like Pittsburgh has a lot to offer in terms of vegan restaurants and "stuff to do". I look forward to getting out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:15 pm 
Stegosaurus

My little brother came home from South Carolina yesterday and I've done nothing but play video games and spend time with him today. I have to clean up the house too and maybe workout...and buy fruit...so much, and yet so little to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:50 am 
Stegosaurus

So it's later today, and I ended up playing video games until my eyes felt like they were on fire (about 10 minutes ago), and ate like the world was coming to an end. 3 black bean burritos, 1 block of tofu, several apples, soymilk, orange juice, water, spinach, good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:47 pm 
Stegosaurus

12/21

I just finished my 7th semester at Community College (only took one class). I have no Christmas shopping done, though I'm doing minimal this year (as always, it's for my parents to humor them), and I plan on lifting tonight. Might go book shopping for my mother sometime before Christmas, even though I work every night up to and including X-Mas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:39 pm 
Stegosaurus

12/28

I've eaten like a pig all day. Oatmeal with PB, 2 banana's, an apple, pasta & tofu, 4 builder bars, 3 kiwi's, soymilk, orange juice, crazy stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Wow, 4 Builder Bars! Nice! A lot of protein and calories there!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:27 am 
Mastodon

Odidnetne wrote:
So it's later today, and I ended up playing video games until my eyes felt like they were on fire (about 10 minutes ago), and ate like the world was coming to an end. 3 black bean burritos, 1 block of tofu, several apples, soymilk, orange juice, water, spinach, good stuff.

Wow....I thought I could eat alot, you get the trophy.

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:34 am 
Stegosaurus

robert wrote:
Wow, 4 Builder Bars! Nice! A lot of protein and calories there!

Yeah, now the trick is to work out. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next