Bodyweight & Gymnastic Training
Friday, July 24, 2009
Age: 31, but look like I am in my early 20s. Genetic gift of sorts.
Location: India. Formerly, TX, CA, CO etc. in the USA for 8 years (2001 - 2008)
I'd like someone to create me a starting workout plan that I don’t have to think about much. Just
go with it.
I'd like to combine Gymnastics Progressions (From Coach Sommers Book - Building the Gymnastic Body),
Bodyweight Culture type exercises & I already do some Yoga for stretching & relaxation.
I want to focus on Function over Aesthetics in the long run as per Coach Sommers - Strength over Size fundamental.
I need certain aesthetics fixed since I've lost a lot of size on a whole bunch of clothes fast.
Please do point out any warm up, cool down, joint prehab / rehab etc & suggest appropriately so that I can just go with it.
I just received my Xtreme Rings but I have yet to open up the box put them up since I'm under the weather.
I have a pullup bar lodged in a Passage way 3ft (Wide) x 8.5 ft (High)
I am planning to get / build PVC Paralletes as well
LONG TERM FUNCTIONAL FITNESS - Based on the following:
Body weight related exercises (CURRENT SCHEDULE)
* Gymnastic Bodies (Coach Sommers) - Strength & Aesthetic
* Calisthenics - Functional Fitness, Strength, Aesthetic (BodyweightCulture.com, etc)
-- Always enjoyed Pullups, Dips etc.
-- Prefer COMPOUND exercises v/s Non compounds
* Yoga - Overall fitness, posture, Mind-Body Union, Relaxation, Stretching
Martial Arts (SCHEDULE PERMITTING SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE)
* Capoeira (Love the dance martial art form)
* Krav Maga (Self defense aspect)
* MMA / Muay Thai / BJJ / Kickboxing etc? - MAYBE!!! If I get the time from the above
SHORT TERM GOALS:
- Burn the Tyre and hopefully get a flat tummy.. Even better if a 6 pack
- Fat Loss, Cutting
- Need to increase Size of following :
- * Arms
- * Shoulder
- * Chest
- I'd want STRENGTH over SIZE but SUDDENLY all my clothes got loose due to weight loss
- I went from 34" to almost 30" waist while doing some minimal yoga and my Arms, Shoulders & Chest lost a bunch of size. I think I lost a lot of muscle with the fat
- Pictures show how my arms have gotten way SKINNY.
- People and friends think I look weak.
- I might have lost some good muscle while trimming up. But I feel more energetic than I used to with a lot of flab on me. Lighter.
SPECIFIC GOALS & MILESTONES:
I am open to suggestions on SPECIFIC MEASURABLE GOALS and MILESTONES.
CURRENT TAPE MEASUREMENTS:
Height - 5'9" / 5'9" (Varies measuread at various places)
Weight - 64 kg (on empty stomach as of 8/11/2009)
Neck - 17"
Bicep - 12.5"
Forearm - 10.5"
Wrist - 6.5"
Chest - 42"
Waist - 30/ 32"
Hips - 36"
Thighs - 21"
Knees - 13"
Calves - 12.5"
Ankles - 9.5"
Bi-Deltoid - 17-18"
CURRENT LIMITS: (To be Added)
- Pullups Max:
- Pushups Max:
* EXERCISE LOGGING CHART from forum member 'niftyvt':
niftyvt wrote:I dont have an excel file uploaded but it is really simple. I just made a chart, each column is a different training day (1 through 4 for me) and each row is a different motion like push, pull, core, or legs. Remember to keep a journal about how you are feeling or if you tweak something while training and/or write about anything of note that happens during your sessions.
Here is my first ever SS cycle, take a look and dont be afraid to make notes and change things like I did.
??? Please do make some diet recommendations as well if you can.
PREVIOUS WORKOUT HISTORY:
* Age 15/16:
-- Gym workout
* Age 22:
-- Gym Workout
* Age 23:
-- Summer - Heavy Gym Workout and Good heavy Food habits
-- Put on a bunch of Muscle.
* Age 25:
-- Group X Class @ 24 hr Fitness: 1 hr Kickboxing & 1 hr PiYo (Pilates Yoga) for around 3 months
-- Lost / burnt some fat
* Age 29:
-- Post from 2007 --
I used to do 12 / 10/ 8 pullups (3 sets) (front hold) couple of years back. I stopped
exercising, change of life etc. etc.. and find myself unfit..
I recently started with just the following:
- brisk walking
- pull ups ( 6, 3/4, 1/2) - 3 sets
I have to of course lose a lot of BF that wasn't there before.. But, I'm wondering
if you have suggestions on improving my pullups simultaneously.
I am using the "door gym" thing for pullups in the door frame.
(To be added)
POSSIBLE WORKOUT AREA PICTURES:
* Stair Area: (PRIMARY)
Height - 102" / 8.5 Ft
Width - 3 Ft
Have a pull up bar put in between 2 beams
Have 2 Ceiling hooks mounted in Concrete
1 hook has Punching bag hanging kind of on the side of garage
1 hook is unused at this point but at center of the Garage
* Outside Area (Between Building Columns):