Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:48 pm 
Elephant

Back and Tricep day: 45 minutes of treadmilling again this morning. Uping the speed so I can make 4 miles in the 45 minutes. Went back to the gym around 1 PM to lift (renewed my lifting passion; just needed a break).

Hammer Strength Isolated Low Row: 50/25warmup, 70/15, 90/15, 110/12, 120/10 (new exercise machine).

Cable Lat Pulldown: 120/15, 130/12 (same as last time).

Cybex Back Row: 137.5/15, 150/12, 162.5/10 (went down to get a better range of motion and a good peak hold with my arms back and the shoulder blades squeezing in the back).

Cybex Wide Lat Pull-Up with straps: 13/15, 12/10, 11/10 (same as last time).

HyperExtensions: 35/25 X 4 supersetted with

Shrugs with straps: 250/25 X 4

V-Bar Tricep Pushdown: 5/15, 6/15, 7/8

V-Bar Cable Tricep Overhead Extension: 5/15, 6/15

Bench Dips: Bodyweight/25 X 4

Back hurts already. The new exercise did work some muscles that were deep down inside that I haven't felt before. Holding the peak contraction really ripped some muscle fibers too.

Trying something that I read in Natural Bodybuilding Magazine about fenugreek seed powder and gymnema powder. Suppose to take it after workout with your protein and a simple carb like fructose or glucose shake. It increases insulin and insulin sensitivity on the cells, getting more nutrients into the cells. I shall try it and see how it helps to keep my muscle cells strong while dieting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:54 pm 
Elephant

Rest day: No treadmilling, and no lifting. Didn't eat very much for breakfast (protein drink) and my body is so sore from yesterday's workout. I spent the morning watching my son kick some soccer @ss in two futsal games at 8 in the morning. I also took a two hour nap around noon (I woke up to one of my kids squealing with laughter, and then my husband reminding them that I was still sleeping. I just smiled and went back to napping). I wanted to go and do legs, but I think I will listen to my body and back off. I will do Legs and Shoulders tommorrow (hopefully).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:07 am 
Elephant

Monday was Leg day: Woke up committed again to dieting and lifting. Went to the gym and did the 45 minutes of cardio, after getting some tanning in. Up the cardio miles to the now usual 4 miles. Went back to the gym around 3:30 PM, and saw all my old buddies. Today I could handle all their teasing of me. I perceived that their teasing of my veganism is something that is easy for them to do. Just like it easy for me to tease them about the amount they lift (like telling them that the pink weights are in the aerobics room if that 20 pounder is too heavy for them :lol: - I am so bad!). I am out of the mentality that they are attacking my being vegan, and that they are just trying to pull my chains. Even if they have not gotten far along the path of evolution as I think I have, they are still great friends all around and would do anything for me, and me for them. I will choose love and compassion unconditionally (for today at least :wink: ), over being right and proud. (I will just have to get around to evolving them slowly :P ).

LifeFitness Leg Extension: 90/25warmups, 180/15, 210/10, 225,8 (same as last time).

Icarian Leg Curl: 160/15, 170/10, 180/8 (same as last time).

Leg Press: 450/15, 540/10, and 600/8 (same as last time but way easier).

Power (Smith) Squats: 180 (new weight)/15 X 4

Seated Calf Raise: 90/25 X 4

Leg Press Calf Raise: 450/25 X 4 (this was done really fast so the calves were screaming).

Did not get to shoulders. All the above took me just a little over an hour! I am still taking long rests in between sets and exercises (and not for talking though 8) ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:23 am 
Elephant

Shoulder day (Tuesday): 45+ minutes on the treadmill again. My body is getting use to this. It was easy, even though I did legs yesterday, and was alittle stiff starting out. Went to the gym around 3 PM, and had a headache going in, and just a dull pain coming out.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 50/25warmup, 70/15, 90/11 (weights are starting to go down).

Icarian Standing Delt: 20/15, 30/15, 40/10 (same)

Icarian Rear Delts: 60/15, 70/8 (same)

Military Press (Smith): 50/15, 70/10, 70/10 (same, but doubled the last set).

Icarian Shoulder Press: 80/12, 90/8

Now that it is the next day, I can see that the last rep on that Icarian Shoulder Press of 90 in which I arched my back to get the last rep up, produced the back pain between my shoulder blades this morning. Just one little tweek of form and now I shall pay for a day and half. The little voice that politely reminded me of the importance of form was not as loud as the voice of ego that had me fight to get that last rep up over my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:32 pm 
Elephant

Chest and Bicep day: A little late today, did the 45 minutes on the treadmill at 11 AM today. Came home and ate lunch instead of breakfast. Went to the gym around 4 PM, and the weights are going back down on some of the exercises.

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: 90/25 warmups, 160/15, 180/12 (no 200/10).

Cybex Flyes: 80/15, 90/10 (same).

Incline Chest Press (Smith): 70/15, 90/8 (-2tlt)

Pec Dec 75/15, 90/8 (-2tlt)

LifeFitness Chest Press (Dumbell Grip): 105/8 (this is all I could do; chest is done).

Cable Bicep Curl: 90/15, 100/15, 110/10 (no 120 today).

Hammer Curls: 25/15, 30/12 (same)

EZ Bar Bicep Curls: 30/15 X 2 (decided to two sets of medium weight, instead of increasing to 40/6).

I will be gone for three days, as I am to be a chaperone on a Biology Field trip to Chicago, IL for my daughter's senior class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:54 pm 
Elephant

I've finally recovered from the biology Chicago trip. That BodyWorks 2 was pretty awesome. I liked looking at the different body parts in their normal state and then in their diseased state. The plastinatized whole body specimens that were artisitically dissected were a little too unreal in all the preparation and dessication that the whole body went through. Also the little typed up notes on the body parts was so Roman font on see thru paper that it was like a dry biology book. Needed a little pizaaz in my opinion, to keep me interested in the two hours we had to look at everything.

Slept all day Sunday to recover.

Monday I was feeling a little better, but thought another day was in store before getting back into the routine. I still went to an Anusara 2 yoga class though. Alot of revolved poses, so I know that my obliques will be screaming tomorrow at me.

Tuesday woke up with sniffles and sore obliques. Thought about switching my routine up. I will lift heavy in the morning, and do cardio in the afternoon.

Back and Tricep day: Went around 10 AM. Fitness girls were working out with the trainer. Makes me want to lose some weight in a hurry. But then I see them only lifting the 20 lbs barbell, and I am not too jealous anymore :P , cause I know that when I do get down to that weight and even under more, I will be lucky to even lift the 20 lbs weights! I will be making friends with the pink weights in the aerobics room hopefully soon :wink: .

Hammer Strength Back Row: 90/25warmups, 140/15, 180/15, 230/8

Cable Lat Pulldown: 120/15, 130/8 (not as much as last time of 12).

Cybex Back Row: 137.5/15, 150/12, 163.5/10 (focused more on form this time and holding the peak contraction for a sec. still not as much weight as last time, which was 175/for8).

Cybex assisted Pull-Up w/straps: 13/15, 12/10, 11/8

HyperExtensions: 35/25 X 4

Shrug Machine: 250/25 X 4

Rope Tricep Pushdown: 5/15, 6/8

V-Bar Cable Tricep Overhead Extension: 5/15, 6.8 (left shoulder still getting tweaked when I let the bar go far back down behind my head and try to lift it back up).

Bench Dips: Bodyweight/25 X 4

Done for the day at the gym with the weights. Cardio was keeping up with the kids at the High School track for 25 minutes (20 times around the track). It is funny when the football team comes in and runs around for two times as a warm up for their off season practice. We all run really fast to stay ahead of the pack! One time I didn't and was shoved into the wall on the curve :shock: . Who said running on the track inside was boring? And don't even get me started on the volleyball girls who come in for their warm up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:34 pm 
Elephant

Sniffles turned into sinus pressure and body aches, so I am taking it easy today. So no treadmilling, no yoga, and no lifting weights. I am just napping and watching DVD's. I get restless and start doing something and then my body retaliates with sneezes, coughs, and fatigue (which makes me go back to my napping mode :) ). I shall try again tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:48 pm 
Elephant

Way worse than yesterday. The sinus pressure has gone into my ears and behind my eyes. I am one sick puppy. Haven't been this sick in a long time. Something I picked up at Chicago? Or one of the kids on the 7 hour bus ride probably. And to top it off my panic attacks have come back too (although they are not full blown attacks. . . . . yet ). Those two things just don't miss well. I am strong on the outside and on the inside, but trying to use meditation to calm myself down and trying to breath is not working due to the stuffed up nose and sinus pressure behind my face. I broke down and took some Benadryl for my sinuses, and Valerian for my panic anxiety (I'd rather not go on Xanax again. Took me three months last time to wean myself off that stuff. And all the turmoil I went through the second time, with what Paxil and Zoloft did on my body, with Ambien thrown in to help me sleep, but the migranes never went away. Geesh. I gave it all up after a month and replaced it with yoga and valerian).
Today, life sucks. And that is OK with me. . . . for the present time being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:37 pm 
Elephant

Leg Day: Went to the gym early and did only 30 minutes of treadmilling. It is 40 degrees out, but the ground is still covered in snow and slush. I will have to wait just alittle while longer to get outside to run. Went to the gym again around 4PM to work out the legs.

LifeFitness Leg Extension:90/25 warmups, 180/15, 210/10, 225/8 (back to what I was doing).

Icarian Leg Curl: 90/15warmups, 160/15, 170/10, 180/8 (still the same).

Leg Press: 450/15, 540/10, 600/8 (same as last time).

Seated Calf Raise: new weight 105/25 X 4

Leg Press Calf Raise: 450/50 X 4 (higher reps in the set)

No Power Squats. Feeling fatigued and not over my sinus problems yet, so I am not going to push myself to hard.

Friday was a bad day. Ended up having to go to the doctor and getting on Klonopin again. I felt like myself again today. A little on the tired side, but after being sick and not sleepy well for the passed two days, it is to be expected (though Klonopin makes me feel tired sometimes). Have to see how this works with my dieting and exercising.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:10 am 
Elephant

Sunday: Klonopin has me still sleepy. Have to get use to the dosages I guess. Plus I am still sick, so I will take two hour naps to get over this illness. Went and saw my youngest play soccer (and get his @ss kicked, but of course he played awesome in my eyes :wink: no bias mom thinking there). So I did no cardio this morning. Started to paint the kitchen and then went to sleep for the two hours. Woke up and ate lunch and then headed for the gym around 4 PM to do -

Chest and Bicep Day:

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: 90/25w, 160/15, 180/11 (didn't quite make it to 12. Oh well. And I didn't do the 200).

Cybex Flyes: 80/15, 90/10 (same)

Incline Chest Press (Smith): 70/15, 90/8 (same as last time, but not PB)

Cable Flyes: 50/15, 60/8 (same as last time)

Cable Bicep Curl: 100/15, 110/10, 120/8 (strong in the arms today).

Hammer Curl: 25/15, 30/8, and another 30/8

EZ Bar Curl: 30/15 X 2 (just cause I didn't want to switch plates around and it was just sitting there and my biceps were pumped already).

Did some tanning. With the Klonopin I can handle my claustrophobia in the tanning booth pretty well. The UV felt wonderfully warm on my skin. I like the lay down ones better cause I can pretend to sleep instead of these standing ones where all I do is dance around which is tiring after working out for an hour and half!
Lost some more weight. Now down to 163.0 lbs. Only 20 more to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:30 am 
Elephant

One of my favorite refrigerator photos to see in the morning as my teenagers are asking me to help them with this, make them their lunches, and where is this piece of clothing, and all the other stuff their little governments are demanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:06 pm 
Elephant

Shoulder Day: I needed my hour and half of Anusara yoga this morning. Don't you just love it when your teachers go to retreats or conferences or a healing therapy conference like mine did? They come into class all ready to try all the new stuff they learned on the class. Somebody made a joke about how she didn't think the large windows had ever fogged up all the way with all of our heavy ujjayi breathing before :D . It was a pretty awesome healing workout! Again, I took a two hour (Klonopin induced) nap while my kids were out running outside around the subdivision next to our land (no indoor high school track today, it is finally forty degrees around here! yeah!). I came out of my groggy nap and headed for the gym around 4 PM.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 50/25w, 70/15, 90/13 (same as last time, but no 100's PB yet).

Icarian Standing Delt: 20/15, 30/15, 40/8 (not to 10 this time).

Icarian Rear Delts: 60/15, 70/8 (very hard time doing these).

Military Press (Smith): 50/15, 70/10 (same as last time, not going to do 80/5).

Icarian Shoulder Press: 80/8 (very fatigued at this point, won't go to 12) X 2.

All done for the day. Gym was kind of fun today. I finally broke down and wore a tight T-shirt (my favorite that has Where the Wild Things Are on it, with Max and the whole wild things dancing :) ). All of my guy friends winked at me (who happen to be mature for their age), while the young guys stared, talked in hushed tones as they eyed me, but then avoided eye contact when I would look over their way for a peek. Maturity is so much sexier, and playful 8).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:09 am 
Elephant

Here is another refrigerator photo for my kids (and me too 8)) :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:36 am 
Elephant

Tried a split routine on Tuesday:
Back (with counter body part abs now) in the morning around 9 AM in the gym (back to medium weight with medium reps for 4 sets):

Smith Bent Over Row: 60/15 X 4 supersetted with
Sit-Ups on the Ball Bodyweight/25 X 4

Lat Cable Pulldown: 100/15 X 4 supersetted with
Cable Side Pulls: 80/25 X 4

HyperExtensions: 35/25 X 4 supersetted with
Leg-Ups: Bodyweight/25 X 4

Shrugs: 180/25 X 4 (all by themselves. Strict form. The 250 were way to heavy to get a full range of motion in strict form).

65 degrees today! Went trail running around 4 PM. Yipee! I did my usual route, but took 50 minutes instead of 45 minutes. Oh well. Extra 5 minutes outside. I was dying at the end, but smiling. (Didn't even need the klonopin for the afternoon)!

Went back to do triceps at 9 PM at night (still warm out and with the daylight savings time thing, it felt like only 8 PM):

V-Bar Tricep Pushdown: 4/25 X 4 supersetted with
V-Bar Tricep Overhead Extension: 4/25 X 4

Cybex assisted Dips: 14/25 X 4 supersetted with
Palm Up, 1 Hand cable Pulldown: 2/25 X 4

25 lbs. plate behind the head extension/25 X 4 for fun and all by itself.
Good day all around!

Last edited by Gaia on Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:17 am 
Elephant

Another split day yesterday (Wednesday):
Chest in the morning around 12 noon this time:

Dumbell Chest Press Incline#3: 25/25, 30/15, 35/15, 40/10 (new exercise, so I didn't supersetted it with anything. and I just progressed up to the 40's and was fatigued by then. I'll try 35's first next time).

Pec Dec: 75/15 X 4 supersetted with

Smith Chest Press Incline #3: 50/15 X 4

Icarian Flyes: 50/15 X 4 supersetted with

LifeFitness Dumbell Grip Chest Press: 60/15 X 4

No cardio today. Feeling a little fatigued. Not quite over the cold, and it is cold and rainy outside. And I don't want to go back to the gym and go on the treadmill. So I am skipping it today.

Went back at 9 PM again for biceps this time:

EZ Bar Curls: 20/15 X 4 supersetted with

Hammer Curls: 20/15 X 4

Cable Curl: 80/15 X 4 supersetted with

Overhead Bicep Cable Curl: 30/15 X 4

Every part, except my legs, hurt and therefore sore. Tomorrow will be a day off for recovery.
P.S. The weight is starting to come off! I am starting to look like I got muscles instead of just being fat.
Plus I tanned tonight, and it is starting to show too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next