Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:36 pm 
Manatee

SiNa94 wrote:
Jazz dance again today... which kills my thighs.

I might get something out of it... other than a dose of humility.

But, in other news, I also walked another 4.7 miles today. I need to get a light for when I'm walking at night... especially so I can walk some of the paths that I do during the day that don't have the best lighting.

You are very brave to be walking at night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:59 pm 
Manatee

Quote:
You are very brave to be walking at night!

It's a small town... and I feel relatively safe. And besides... I figure that if anyone attacks me, I can just bludgeon them to death with my water bottle. :shock:

I like walking at night though... gives me a chance to star gaze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 am 
Manatee

4.7 miles today... and probably about 3 miles yesterday. Mostly I just paced around out of frustration...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:16 am 
Manatee

So... although I haven't been posting... I have been walking just about every day. About 6.7 miles today, only about 2 yesterday I think, and 4.7 on Monday. Don't remember any of the rest of the days... but I'm sure I did something... however insignificant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:09 am 
Manatee

I managed 8.6 miles tonight (borrowed a headlamp from a friend so I could actually take the route I wanted). All in all a nice trip. And it will hopefully make up for some of the days I didn't post and I only walked a mile or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:09 pm 
Manatee

Haven't done a considerable amount of walking the last couple of days or so... the weather hasn't been that great. But, I did go to the store today, and test drove one of the scales (since I don't have one here at school). Seems I've lost another 14 pounds since the start of a contest (and my weight loss ticker has been adjusted accordingly).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:54 am 
Elephant

wow, very nice! great work 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:12 am 
Manatee

lelle wrote:
wow, very nice! great work 8)

Thanks...

And I actually got in 4 miles last night after I posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:01 pm 
Gorilla

Great work SiNa!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:02 am 
Manatee

SiNa94 wrote:
Haven't done a considerable amount of walking the last couple of days or so... the weather hasn't been that great. But, I did go to the store today, and test drove one of the scales (since I don't have one here at school). Seems I've lost another 14 pounds since the start of a contest (and my weight loss ticker has been adjusted accordingly).

THAT'S AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:43 pm 
Manatee

So, about 2 miles today (will probably go out again), 4.7 yesterday, and 2.2 the day before. Of course, that doesn't include all the walking back and forth and lifting I did out at the farm... had to burn up the branches from the trees that blew down.

Other good news, I'm making the best of having to buy books for school. I can buy my books at Amazon for cheaper than at the school's bookstore, and I earn triple points on my Amazon VISA... which means I get a lot of Amazon gift certificates. I got one today and put it toward a L'Equip food dehydrator. Hopefully I can up my raw consumption... I'd like to go 100% raw eventually... and this will make "cooking" in my dorm room easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:34 pm 
Manatee

Finally got another 6.5 mile walk in today... it's about time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:43 pm 
Manatee

Worked out on the farm on Sunday (2.2 miles roundtrip, plus weeding and wood-chip-carting on top of that). And then I got a 4.7 miles in yesterday in my new hiking boots...

They're not vegan... which is upsetting. I ordered them online from an outlet store, and was under the impression that this particular style was vegan. They weren't... but this particular style did have less leather than most other styles (mostly just little bits for decoration... and I don't know if that's more or less depressing). But I've got a backpacking trip over Spring break that I have to have a pair of shoes broken in for, and after weighing all the pros and cons I've decided to keep the shoes. And I've never been as thankful for a pair of shoes as I am for these...

Something else grabbed my attention though. I don't think I'm eating as much as I ought to be. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm taking in 1500-2000 calories a day (though, I don't count calories, so I don't really have any clue). But I know I feel kind of sluggish, and don't get any of my work done (though that could just be good old-fashioned procrastination). I'm especially fatigued on Sundays when I work out on the farm... the cafeteria here doesn't open until 11:30 on the weekends... but I start work at 11:00. My first "meal" of the day typically isn't until around 3 or 4 o' clock (typically just some nuts and fruit juice, or a veggie wrap to hold me over until dinner). I typically skip breakfast on the weekdays too... or simply have one or two pieces of fruit. I'm intaking my greatest percentage of calories between 5-7pm every day.

I should have my dehydrator tomorrow though... so I can always have dried fruit and stuff around to snack on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:52 am 
Manatee

[quote="SiNa94"] I don't think I'm eating as much as I ought to be. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm taking in 1500-2000 calories a day (though, I don't count calories, so I don't really have any clue). But I know I feel kind of sluggish, and don't get any of my work done (though that could just be good old-fashioned procrastination). I'm especially fatigued on Sundays when I work out on the farm... the cafeteria here doesn't open until 11:30 on the weekends... but I start work at 11:00. My first "meal" of the day typically isn't until around 3 or 4 o' clock (typically just some nuts and fruit juice, or a veggie wrap to hold me over until dinner). I typically skip breakfast on the weekdays too... or simply have one or two pieces of fruit. I'm intaking my greatest percentage of calories between 5-7pm every day.[quote]

1500-2000 cals should be enough - but not eating in the am probably isn't the best. I've heard that 5-6 small meals per day (every 3-4 hours) is ideal. Can you maybe have some kind of protein shake that you can make in your dorm room?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:19 pm 
Gorilla

How's it going?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next