Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:18 am 
Hi Everyone. Sorry for not posting in the last 2 weeks. I was spending all of my free time studying for an exam, and then also started a new job. I did however fit in a few workouts.

I'm doing a 4 day split as I mentioned above, and now that I've tried both workouts a few times, I can truly say that I love them both. I worked my pects and triceps to failure one day doing a dumbell press. I was so surprised by the feeling of complete failure. It was amazing to me to think that there was nothing left in the muscle. I kept pressing forward eventhough my arms were staying still. Then all of a sudden one arm just collapsed. Don't worry, I was safe and had a spotter, but I loved knowing that I completely drained the muscle of all energy. So now, I try to work all of my exercies to failure during my workouts, just because I love how it feels.

I also did a few runs during the week. It's been a few months since I last ran so I felt a bit slow, but nonetheless it was a great cardio workout. I'm hoping to increase the number of runs per week, which means I'm really going to have to push myself to get out there in the cold. I'm not a real fan of winter running, but I would rather get outside than stare at a TV on the treadmill at the gym.

More posts to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:37 pm 
Gorilla

14km run this afternoon. Felt great. Looking forward to an arms workout tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll be able to make it into the gym before the crowds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:53 pm 
Gorilla

My arms workout today was pretty good. I upped the weights on the bent over dumbell rows and chest press. Otherwise it was pretty much like usual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:53 pm 
Gorilla

Legs and core workout today, plus 12 minutes on the stairclimber. Felt pretty good, except that my back was a bit sore from carrying around my laptop. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:24 pm 
Gorilla

My runs on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were 10km, 6.2km, and 14km respectively. There's new snow out here, which is making running outside lots of fun.

I'll probably hit the gym tomorrow sometime, and then go for a short run with Wendy. Sunday will be a moderately long run, maybe 15-20 km.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:14 pm 
Gorilla

Today was a "more kilometers than degrees" run. I ran just over 20 km in 2 hours, and the weather here in Ottawa is -20C. Good times. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:18 pm 
Gorilla

Today was my legs and core day at the gym. It went very well, and I increased the weight on my two favourite exercise, the one-legged quad press and the seated calf press. Each of those is now up to 230lbs, (four sets of 8 reps).

I also did hamstring curls, squats, incline crunches, side bends, back extensions, and thigh adductor/abductor. My legs were pretty tired at the end, so I may or may not go for a run tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:03 pm 
Manatee

You are SO GOOD!!! Truly an inspiration!

I'm really glad you are participating :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:12 am 
Gorilla

bunnylalu wrote:
You are SO GOOD!!! Truly an inspiration!

I'm really glad you are participating :)

Thanks bunnylalu!

Today I did my upper body workout. Did dumbell chest press in a superset with bent over rows, lat pulldowns, side cable raises, incline chest press, preacher curls, tricep pushdowns, pec fly, reverse fly, and side dumbell raises.

I felt great the whole time, though my butt is sore from the quad press yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:40 pm 
Gorilla

Cold, quick run this evening. Nothing special to report.

Tomorrow I'm working out at the gym. After avoiding them for some time, I'm planning to add deadlifts to my Friday routine. Wendy is showing me how to do them properly, and I'm going to start with barely any weight for the first couple and concentrate on form. Any other advice would be appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:59 am 
Gorilla

I tried out the deadlifts today. Wow, what a great exercise! It felt great on my back, no soreness at all. Although I didn't use much weight this time around, I can definately see adding these to my routine from now on. 8)

The recent cold weather here in Ottawa means that the worlds largest skating rink is open. I might dig out my old skates and go out for an hour or so this afternoon. -35C means it won't be too busy, and the ice should be pretty fresh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:49 am 
Manatee

markc7 wrote:
-35C means it won't be too busy, and the ice should be pretty fresh.

I finally got a converter so that I know how cold that is in Farenheit! About -35

I used to live in Fairbanks, Alaska :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:33 pm 
Gorilla

bunnylalu wrote:
markc7 wrote:
-35C means it won't be too busy, and the ice should be pretty fresh.

I finally got a converter so that I know how cold that is in Farenheit! About -35

I used to live in Fairbanks, Alaska :)

Yep, it was pretty chilly. Maybe not alaska cold, but pretty cold. I skated for about 45 minutes on Friday, then again for an hour with Wendy on Saturday:

Today I did a 14km run, nice and slow. Back in the gym tomorrow for an arms workout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:28 pm 
We took some photos of our progress after one month. So far the biggest differences I'm noticing are in my traps and pecs. Weight is down a few pounds, and my 60 second pushup test is DOUBLE from 10 in Dec to 20 right now. Woohoo!

Thanks for keeping me motivated! Thinking about this contest helps me get my workouts in when I'm feeling tired or unmotivated. Great job everyone, keep up the great work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:02 am 
Gorilla

Here is what I did today for my arms workout. Some jackass put the dumbells in the wrong place, and I accidentally grabbed a pair that weren't the same weight. Partway through my second set of the chest press, I thought "gee, my left arm usually feels weaker than my right arm, what's up with that?" Sure enough, I had been lifting 60lbs in my left and 65 in my right. D'Oh.

Seated cable row 4x8x100
chest press 4x8x60 (one hand 65 for two sets)
bent over dumbell row 3x8x60 + 8x65
side shoulder raises 4x8x15
shrugs 4x8x65
lat pulldown 4x8x130
incline chest press 4x8x35
cross-body cable raises 3x6x25 (I'm not sure what these are called)
reverse grip cable curls 3x8x70
strip set cable curls 100/85/70/55/40
reverse grip 1-arm tricep pushdowns 2x7x55
strip set regular tricep pushdows 115/100/85/70/55/40
pec deck 2x8x85
reverse fly 2x8x40

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next