Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 pm 
Manatee

offense74 wrote:
You look really healthy and buff. Congrats on the third place! :D
BUFF times 100!! :wohoo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:39 pm 
Gorilla

Thanks offense and bunny! It's not often that I place in races, especially such short ones, so this was quite the treat. Yesterday I took it easy. Today I went for an easy paced 5.5km run.

I'm not sure what to do with this log now that the contest is over. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to read my journal. According to the thread count, about 40 people have been reading it on a regular basis! I honestly didn't think most of my training was that interesting. :D Apart from the few of you who posted I don't know who you are, but I'd still like to thank you for reading.

I might start a new log now, or maybe just keep this one going. I haven't decided yet. I've got some cool events, races, and workouts planned for the next few months, so I'll definately be sharing them with you. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:21 am 
Gorilla

I think I'm going to keep posting in this journal for the time being. Yesterday I went for a ~10km run in the afternoon, and this morning I did 9km with Wendy. I'm going to keep weight training to a minimum for the next few weeks, because I need to focus more on my running. Big stuff coming up soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:50 pm 
Gorilla

This morning I ran about 32km with some fellow ultrarunners. Nice trails, not too hilly, great weather. Our pace varied for quite slow and easy to a faster push towards the end.

One of the runners I was with this morning is representing Canada at the World 24-hour Championships this month, and this was her last long run before that race. She's one heck of a runner, and someone that I try to learn from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

Man you look HUGE! In a good way! Your muscles are awesome, especially your thighs, but including your arms, chest and pretty much everything else.

Great photos and thanks for sharing your racing updates as well!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:04 pm 
Gorilla

Thanks robert! :D

This evening I did about 5km. Nothing too special, just a nice easy run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:53 pm 
Gorilla

Today's run was about 6.5km at a fairly uptempo pace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:16 pm 
Gorilla

D'Oh, I just remembered that I never posted about my run on Friday night. A buddy of mine is running the Canada Death Race in a couple weeks. It's a 125km race up in the Rockie mountains. We went for a three hour trail run in the middle of the night, because he'll be doing some tough running in the dark. We got a little bit turned around on the trail, but were never lost. Lots of the terrain was pretty tough in the dark, but there were some runable sections that we really flew along. At the end of the run we took a dip in Meech Lake to clean off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:54 am 
Gorilla

My running has been lousy this week! Too much other stuff going on in my life right now. I know, poor excuse. But I'm getting right back into it starting now. I just got back from a 9km run in the pouring rain. It's been raining non-stop since early this morning, and the forecast is for it to keep getting worse. Nice run, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:49 pm 
Gorilla

Last edited by markc7 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:29 pm 
Gorilla

pamela and I went out for a ~6km run this morning. Not sure of the pace or time but it was a nice run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:27 pm 
Gorilla

OK, so here's the situation. I haven't been posting much in the last couple weeks because I haven't been running much. I'm in complete taper mode for the longest run of my life.

This Wednesday morning I'm going to leave Ottawa and start running to Kingston. Although Kingston is just under 200km by road, the trail that I'm going to be running is just over 300km.

My plan is to run between 50 and 75 km per day. That should get me there by Sunday. I'm staying with a friend of mine at the halfway point, and he might run some of the distance with me. I'm also going to have a couple of opportunities to refill water and food and supplies along the way. But for the most part, I'm going to be on my own with nothing but what I carry on my back.

So, send me good vibes this week, especially Wednesday night which will be my first night alone sleeping in the woods. I'll take lots of pictures (if I can find a lightweight camera to bring), and I'll be sure to post the whole story when I get back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:35 am 
Gorilla

Well, the weather didn't exactly cooperate with my plans for this week. Yesterday the temps were over 32C with a humidex above 40. Today was supposed to set a record. I wisely bailed out of the trip after about 45km yesterday, as which point I knew I wouldn't make my distance for the day. Also, I was finding it impossible to stay hydrated enough on that section of the course. I weighted myself after I got back and was 7 lbs lighter than when I started. I'm still not back to my pre-run weight, despite drinking lots since I got home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:41 am 
Gorilla

Last night I ran for about 8.5km at a fairly slow pace. It was a bit buggy out, which made it kinda hard to run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:00 pm 
Manatee

markc7 wrote:
This Wednesday morning I'm going to leave Ottawa and start running to Kingston. Although Kingston is just under 200km by road, the trail that I'm going to be running is just over 300km.So, send me good vibes this week, especially Wednesday night which will be my first night alone sleeping in the woods. I'll take lots of pictures (if I can find a lightweight camera to bring), and I'll be sure to post the whole story when I get back.

Good Vibes coming your way!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next