Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:56 pm 
Manatee

FOOD:
8:30AM
15g hemp protein
20g hemp fat
14g coconut oil
2 carrots
1 tbls agave
2 tbls carob
12PM
handful dandelion greens
1PM
3 pears

ADD ME AS A MYSPACE FRIEND!
http://www.myspace.com/madeinoregon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:36 pm 
Manatee

This is going to be a stretch, I have not gone this long without posting but I am going to try and recreate the last 5 days...

FRIDAY:

SATURDAY
FOOD:
9:30AM
2 apples
11AM
1 banana
12PM
proper salad (proper eats)
3PM
1 mango
6PM
larabar
9PM
1 apple
10PM
handful figs
2 handfuls nw high power raw mix
11PM
larabar
handful figs

TRAINING:
Mt. Hood climb (from 5800 to 9000 ft.)

SUNDAY
5AM
2 handfuls nw high power raw mix
6AM
larabar
10AM
1 apple
11AM
vega bar
12PM
2 handfuls dried apples and kale
2PM
2 handfuls dried apples and kale
4PM
1/2 avocado
1 banana
1/2 mago
1/2 pear
1 pint strawberries
6PM
2 portabello mushrooms
1/4 head romaine lettuce
1/2 tomato
1/2 cucumber
1/2 avocado
pinch sea salt
9PM
5 dates
5 brazil nuts
1/4 cup hemp seed
1 tbls agave
5 strawberries

TRAINING
mt. hood climb (9000ft-1000ft then back down to 5800 ft)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:34 pm 
Manatee

So I am not tracking my food very closely lately, and I have not been posting it here on the site. My food choices are still morphing, but being 100% raw is not really a challenge anymore, and I am not really motivated about blogging it here anymore.

I guess I will add little notes about what is going on with me and my progress, and not mark every thing I eat anymore.

So I have recently become concerned with my intestinal flora again. I have read little bits and pieces about it since the first time I tried to go raw in the Stephen Arlen Raw Power book and have also had some chance conversations about it. I ran into a raw guy at earth day who was very concerned about it for me after we talked about me being on anti-biotics A LOT as a kid. I have also decided that because I had no refined sugar until I was 5, then had a ton of it from 5-15, I may have created an unbalance there (oddly that was also the time I was sick the most and on the most anti-biotics).

So I am trying out the Flora Balance program after reading up on pro-biotic types. This will also structure my eating a little bit because I can not eat when I first get up, nor can I eat right before I go to bed on this program.

I am no day 3 right now, and my throat had been off and on sore for the last day, not bad, just a little dry feeling. I am going to try and up my water intake, maybe my body is flushing things and I need more water.

Also had my first headache in weeks the day before. Looking forward to another transition towards better health!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:36 am 
Elephant

It was good to see ya at the potluck Isaac. I'm a bit shy - even more so at party's - but would enjoy talking with you about your raw experience / martial arts training / emergency services / outdoor adventures, etc. You do lots of cool stuff that I aspire to do more of! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:35 am 
Manatee

loveliberate wrote:
It was good to see ya at the potluck Isaac. I'm a bit shy - even more so at party's - but would enjoy talking with you about your raw experience / martial arts training / emergency services / outdoor adventures, etc. You do lots of cool stuff that I aspire to do more of! :D

Sounds great, it was a pretty intense vibe at the party also. A lot of high energy people. I myself took a break from it in the basement at one point with Jessi to kind of center.

The martial arts class at my gym was canceled for the summer! So I need to find something new, might just start doing yoga at my gym, but looking for options.

Outdoor adventures? Interested in some mt. bike rides? I am going to try and join a group (not sure who they are, some guy at a stop light told me about them) who do a loop in forest park starting at the leif ericson trailhead every Wednesday at 5:30PM, so you would always be welcome to join. Beyond that I hope to do all kinds of random hikes, climbs and trips this summer (depending how my knee is holding up).

Good to see you too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:54 am 
Manatee

I decided to try and put away the car as much as possible for a while. I got an old road bike and today was my second day commuting on it. What a great way to get the day started (especially when it is so beautiful out) and I am luck to not have to be at work until 8:30AM, it is already warm and beautiful by then.

So far I am sticking exactly to the Flora Balance regime. I have had some kind of weird light headed feelings off and on, almost a drunken feeling, and really minor headaches. Nothing to complain about, just something I can notice by really tuning in to where I am at. I am very excited about the potential to take another big step forward in my overall health.

On a related note, a friend Tula gave me a copy of Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens to read. This may be about the most intimidatingly large book I have attempted to tackle since school (it is about the size of a large text book) but I am really excited to dive into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:11 pm 
Gorilla

oregonisaac wrote:
a friend Tula gave me a copy of Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens to read.

I picked it up and read a little bit from it the other night and got really into it, it appears to be an awesome book.. I'm gonna have to add that one to my fast-growing must-read list!

http://www.jessiloveslife.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:28 pm 
Manatee

oregonisaac wrote:
====

On a related note, a friend Tula gave me a copy of Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens to read. This may be about the most intimidatingly large book I have attempted to tackle since school (it is about the size of a large text book) but I am really excited to dive into it.

This is a really good book. read it from cover to cover and you will not be disappointed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:44 pm 
Elephant

What kind martial arts class were ya taking? I'm interested in mt. bike rides though I dont have all that great of a bike & have never ridden off pavement before... :oops: That particular day/time wont work for me due to my work schedule. Please keep me posted re: summer hikes, climbs and trips. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:26 pm 
Manatee

Thanks for the encouragement on the book.

The martial arts class I was taking was Budokan, which is kind of a mix of martial arts and yoga. Starts with meditation, yoga style movements and positions, then goes into kicking and punching routines, then something kind of like animal movement wind sprints, then closes with yoga movements and meditation. Pretty neat, but I miss my Doshinkan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:08 am 
Manatee

andesuma wrote:
eek!

Your ideal balanced raw vegan diet should really be
50-ish% fruits
40% greens/sprouts
and the rest nuts/seeds/dehydrated foods.. less than 10% of your
daily intake.

I would say slow way down on the nut intake... you can really mess
your digestive system up!

Fresh IS best.

Wow, it has been 4 months since I went raw...and now I agree with this statement 100%! I would even go so far to say this is the ideal diet period, not just raw vegan, unless your body chemistry is messed up from eating other diets and then perhaps you will progress to this diet? Hard to say...

I think at the time I thought something like... "Sure Courtney, how could you know what is best for me..."

Just for fun, today I ate:

16 oz green smoothie (1 banana and a bunch of kale w/ a little water)
2 lara bars
1 lb green salad w/ extra veggies
a sectioned banana wrapped in kale leaves
1 carton blueberries
custom blossoming lotus smoothie (fresh apple juice, kale, blueberry, mango and pineapple)
16 oz carrot juice
2 oz wheat grass shot
2 apples
2 avocados
2 red peppers

Feeling pretty damn amazing. I think one more green smoothie might go down before bedtime...but no more banana, I gotta watch that whole potassium sodium ratio thing...maybe I need some celery in this one to get a little sodium...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:22 am 
Manatee

Oregonisaac.
what have you been up to? I have not seen you on the boards lately.
I am happy to see you are still raw and that it is working for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:12 pm 
Manatee

Harley wrote:
Oregonisaac.
what have you been up to? I have not seen you on the boards lately.
I am happy to see you are still raw and that it is working for you.

Work, life, love, the usual.

I think I got sick of blogging my food all the time, became a chore, and just quit going online for this stuff for a while.

I am going to try to get back to the boards though, such a great community and resource!

How are you? How have you been? Funny to use my blog as a chat session...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:46 pm 
Manatee

I hear you about life getting very busy. I have been very busy myself with my new job, cycling, travelling for business and working on my house.
This is a great board and the only one I go to now because of my limited time.
How has the weather been out there in Portland? I don't watch tv so I really don't know what is happening weather wise around the country.
Are you still with the fire dept?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:22 pm 
Manatee

Harley wrote:
I hear you about life getting very busy. I have been very busy myself with my new job, cycling, travelling for business and working on my house.
This is a great board and the only one I go to now because of my limited time.
How has the weather been out there in Portland? I don't watch tv so I really don't know what is happening weather wise around the country.
Are you still with the fire dept?

The weather is absolutely fantastic! So great! I have biked about 20 miles so far today around town and from home to work and it is beautiful and warm, mid-70s I would guess.

I have never been with the fire department, that was a misquote if you read it online or on one of the news broadcasts. I was TRAINING for the fire department, and I got through all 4 stages and although I am eligible now but I most likely will not be selected for some time. Currently I am an IT manager.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7