Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Off to a Cheesy Start
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:36 pm 
Finch

Yesterday morning I made the decision to go Vegan. All seemed well. No cravings. Then for dinner I had pasta and snap peas and without thinking I grabbed a slice of mozzarella and melted it over my food. I didn't even realize it until I had finished. The pasta also was made with eggs.
The pasta and cheese were organic and I didn't do it on purpose so I don't feel too bad.
I'm not having cravings yet but it looks like it's going to be difficult to break the habit.
I've never tried a vegan diet before. I've been a vegetarian but I also ate dairy and eggs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:18 pm 
Elephant

Don't worry too much about it man. At first it has to be a conscious decision to make sure you're eating vegan. I remember when I first decided to go vegetarian. For about a week, a meal with meat would sneak in here and there and in the middle of eating it I'd say "Oh crap, I forgot" just because my mind wasn't used to it. After awhile it becomes second nature and you just eat what is vegan. Of course, you always have to be on the lookout for "hidden" ingredients, but you start to think of things in terms of what you CAN eat ( a whole lot) and not in terms of what you CANT eat (nothing worth ingesting anyway). Just remember the decision you've made and stick to it, take it day by day, and you'll be a card-carrying member of the vegan society before you know it :wink: .

:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:31 pm 
Soon enough someone will make something with soy cheese and you'll question if even thats vegan since a lot of it isn't. Its just a matter of questioning everything at first then after a while you won't have to think at all.