SeaSiren in Figure Contest Mode

Hey guys, I've had several requests to get back to posting, so I'm here! Thanks guys

OK, I'm back to 100% so kicking back up and starting a new Journal. Will keep posting pics as I go just to keep life interesting and not bore you all to tears.

Comp date is in the Fall, so I have some time, but not enough to play around.

Diet:

Protein 104g (this is less then I was, so pretty easy), this will be roughly 535 calories from protein

Omega 3 - 10g, this will be 176 calories

Total Daily Calories -1248

This leaves 537 calories from fruits and veggies. He offers a great list of more nutritional fruits and veggies to get the most punch for your calories.

I'll post training as I go, including the good, the bad, and the ugly. Today is actually cardio day so I'll post later including food intake for the day as I am making the adjustments to hit the right numbers.

Today's Stats:

Height: 5'5" (165cm)

Weight: 126 lbs (57 kilograms)

bicep: 11.75" (29.85cm)

chest: 36" (91.44cm)

waist: 27" (68.58cm)

hips: 35" (88.9cm)

thigh: 21.5" (54.6cm)

calf: 13" (33.02cm)

I'll be looking to get an overall lean, hard look, while still remaining feminine without one area over powering the other. Such as thighs overpowering the calves, etc. So I'll make adjustment to my routine as needed.

Cardio today:

40 interval training on incline tread.

stretching And may I say I kicked some serious butt

My cardio seems to always be better on lower cal and today was Day 2 of the new diet. I'm getting really close to my numbers. Energy level is actually increased and was unable to sleep more than 6 hours last eve. (that's little sleep for me).

The Good -my energy level is awesome!

The Bad - every driver on the road seemed to have it out for me...like I was invisible or something. Some serious evasive driving on my part today.

The Ugly -Clothes soaked through after my run....real cute

Today's Foods

Meal 1: coffee, protein shake made with water & green tea extract, 1 small banana

Meal 2: Lite Life "Turkey", raw spinach salad with a little bit of onion, mushroom, & celery. Topped with flax oil and dried basil

Meal 3: Protein Shake made with water, banana, Multi-Vitamin

Meal 4: Dried Mangos

Meal 5: Soy Burger (no bread), small sweet potato

Planned

Meal 6: 1/2 Protein Shake made with water & Flax oil added, & vit C powder

Glass of table wine (yes it's allowed right now )

Green Tea (nothing added) and 2 liters of water, were drank throughout the day.

Totals:

Calories 1264

Fat: 35

Carb:124

Protein: 103

Pretty darn close to where I am supposed to be. Since I do like my glass of wine in the evening (hey I gave up the beer) and can not have it when I come closer to contest, it stays for now. The dried fruit will get dumped in place of raw fruit or raw veggies.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to have you back posting again (even though I've seen you here and there on the forum occasionally)

In the fall? It will be easy-peasy for you! Plenty of time

Hello offense! How are you these days? I was back posting occasionally, but had specific request for journal. I actually have it in 3 other forums (bodybuilding) which is great because I get different prospectives, constructive criticism and encouragement. Remembering I may very well be the only vegan on 2 of the others, I like posting on the vegan boards, hoping for a bit of backing.

So, I know people are popping in due to the views on the thread, just don't be afraid to speak up, even if it's "Happy Monday" or whatever, it's nice to know there is someone out there.

Have a great day everyone!

Eating on track, energy is still great.

Legs

Barbell Squat Warm-up 10x40x1, 6x90x3 -hit my old numbers (yes, sad I know), but found them difficult and my lower back kept spasming.

Straight Leg Dead Lift Warm-up 12x25, 6x75x3 -don't think I could have gone heavier, but no problems until after, lower back still not quite right

Lunges 6x25x3 -these went well

Standing Calf Raises Warm-up12xBW, 12x50x2 -nice burn

Abs

2-sets of 25 decline crunches

stretching

I kept a good eye on my form, so not sure what the problem was, maybe just because of time off. Lower cal surprisingly didn't effect my workout today. A bit surprised I am adjusting this easily.

Daughter's 12th Birthday dinner tomorrow (when did that happen? now I feel old!) so I am using it as a Rest Day, and cheat day all in one.

The Good: I hit my numbers -yay me!

The Bad: my numbers suck

The Ugly: my back is being uncooperative

I'm always watching for your progress, SeaSiren! You are such an inspiration to me! I can't believe you have a 12 year old daughter

Thank-you! Glad you made it by. And neither can I

OK, this is where things get interesting (for me anyway). New training schedule to bring up those lagging parts. Of course I'll adjust as necessary along the way.

Shoulders (aka weakest body part):

Seated Dumbbell Press Warm-up 10x12lb (5.4kg) x1, 6x20lb (9kg) x 3

Lateral Raises 10x15lb (6.8kg)x 2 -good God, I hate these!

Triceps:

Skull Crushers Warm-up 10x15lb(6.8kg)x1, 6x35lb(15.9kg)x3 -trouble getting bar into position. I want to bump the weight on this so going to have to figure something out here.

Tricep Push Downs 10x50lb(22.7kg)x2 -wrist pain, just a pinched nerve I think

Legs:

Leg Extensions Warm-up 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 8x85lb(38.5kg)x1, 8x95lb(43kg)x1, 8x100lb(45.4kg)x1 -really nice strong muscle burn after each set

Seated Calf Raises 12x25lb(11.3kg)x1, 10x60lb(27.2kg)x3 -nice burn during sets

Stretching

Eating on track after cheat day yesterday. I did not go overboard on my cheat, so yay me! Daughter's B-Day Party today, and the cake she wanted to bake didn't turn out as planned, so I'll have to make other arrangements quickly....and need to run a vacuum before I have a house full of kids and parents today. I'm thinking a nice glass of wine will be appreciated at days end when the crowd leaves and the house goes wonderfully quiet.

The Good: great session this evening

The Bad: still can't believe my baby's growing up

The Ugly: shoulda seen the cake....

Thanks for the journal update! I hate lateral raises as well. Enjoy the glass of wine when the party dies down.

Hey DV!

Thank-you, I very much enjoyed it, it was heaven!

SeaS

Where do you train in MD?

home, Ocean City, MD

http://www.t-nation.com/forum_images/6241a-denise12062e.jpg

Good session bad hair day (darn NorEaster)

Back

Wide Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3

Seated Cable Rows Warm-up 6x85lbs(38.6kg)x3

Biceps

Barbell Curls Warm-up 12x20lbs(9.1kg)x1, 6x40lbs(18.1kg)x3

Hammer Curls 6x20(9.1kg)x3

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/04152007.jpg

Legs

Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x75lbs(34kg)x1, felt good bumped the weight, 6x85(38.6kg)x2 felt like I could do more weight , but didn't want to push my luck this session. If it still feel good next time I'll bump it again

Lying Leg Curls 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x3

Abs

2 sets 25 decline crunches

stretching

Clean eating all day, great energy.

The Good: solid session today, got to bump the weight

The Bad: the NorEaster blowing through, blowing rain water all over my equipment

The Ugly: Bad hair day due to NorEaster

Your hair look,s great! How do you get away with training with a watch on? if I did it would get smashed to bits plus with my wrist wraps it just would not go.ROBBIEx

OMG, you know all the right things to say!

The watch is very expensive and warrantied for life. Not at the point for straps yet, so I do OK.

OK, I have a date with the tread now

Boring workout today, 40 min incline on tread, now I'm soaking wet..so good cardio session

stretching

Eating on track yet again. Windy, windy day, so getting back and forth to work was a bit slower than usual. And it was MONDAY all day long (such a dirty word)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c332/lilmamas21/PISSONMONDAY.jpg

The Good: Monday is over

The Bad: It was Monday all day long

The Ugly: Did I mention Monday?

Legs

Barbell Squat Warm-up 10x40(18.1kg)x1, 6x90(40.8kg)x3 -back still not right on these. I actually feel I might be able to bump this, but not until I get my back strong enough I guess.

Sumo Leg Dead Lift Warm-up 10x15(6.8kg), 6x75(34kg)x3 -this was actually my last exercise. A small cooler blew over from the top of my freezer (gusty today), since my instinct was to duck and get the heck out of the way of the falling object, I went right on the final rep and felt something pull in my lower back. First thought, "Son of a Bit**!!!!"

Shoulders

Rear Delt Row Warm-up 10x12(5.4kg)x1, 6x20(9.1kg)x3, 6x25(11.3kg)x2 -felt really good bumped the weight

Front Raise 10x15(6.8kg)x2 -ummmm ouch, ouch ouch!

Triceps

Tricep Rope Pull Overs 10x20(9.1kg)x1, 6x30(13.6kg)x3 -new exercise for me. A bit of a hard time keeping my feet planted and not getting knocked off balance or leaning too far forward. I'll get the hang of it though I'm sure.

Bench Dips (feet elevated) Warm-up 10xBWx2 -I actually love these! Nice burn.

stretching

The Good: New weight on the rear delt row!

The Bad: squat still a problem

The Ugly: Damn gust of Wind!

Pulled back from yesterday did play a part in today's workout. So, I was disappointed in it, but more of an aggravation then anything else. I am way behind at work, and just trying to keep my head above water, but mostly fighting with vendors to deliver on time. Won't complain the busier I am the more $ I can put away for the slow times.

Finally scheduled an annual physical with the Doc, god I hate docs. But had to be done or they won't refill thyroid meds. I had him run a full blood panel, figured why not, since I'm already there with a needle sticking out of my arm

Had to schedule the carpet shampooers to run through, I knocked a dark beer over a few days ago, and it simply isn't going to come up via conventional means.

And finally.....I scheduled to have my navel pierced. Yes, I am going to go ahead with it....oh joy

Back

Closed Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3

Bent Over Barbell Rows 6x35lbs(15.9kg)x2, 6X45(20.4kg)X1 –felt good bumped the weight

Biceps

Concentration Curls 6x15lbs(6.8kg)x3

Forearms

Reverse Barbell Curls 12x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x25lbs(11.3kgs)x2 –weight was too light, bumped it here as well

Hams

Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x75lbs(34kg)x3

Calves

Seated Calf Raises Warm-up 12x25lbs(11.3kg)x1, 12x50lbs(22.7kg)x2

Abs

stretching

Eating is still clean

The Good: Fairly good workout this eve, bumped some weights again

The Bad: Having to call a shampooer to come in

The Ugly: Being forced to pay the Doc $85 just for a visit when I am NOT SICK!!!!

42min interval training on tread....woohoo! Had to actually stop myself not to over do, but my intervals are getting more intensive. Very cool to see it coming along.

My Day:

The Good: getting caught up at work finally

The Bad: getting caught up at work, scares me because I think things may slow down....thus drop in the beer fund.

The Ugly: US Customs still has one of my stocking shipments from Turkey....release it already!!

Rest Day was yesterday.

Really quick today, Had to work all day since my shipment was released from Customs last evening. And, I'm late to get ready for a dinner date.

Shoulders (weakest body part):

Seated Dumbbell Press Warm-up 10x12lb (5.4kg) x1, 6x20lb (9kg) x 3

Lateral Raises 10x15lb (6.8kg)x 2

Triceps:

Skull Crushers Warm-up 10x15lb(6.8kg)x1, 6x35lb(15.9kg)x3 Using a tip from someone, I was able to roll the bar into position when I rolled back on the bench. Much easier!

Tricep Push Downs 10x50lb(22.7kg)x2

Legs:

Leg Extensions Warm-up 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 8x85lb(38.5kg)x1, 8x100lb(45.4kg)x2, 6x110lbs (49.9kg)x1 nice, PB on last set

Seated Calf Raises 12x50lb(22.7kg)x1, 10x75lb(34kg)x3 -nice burn

Stretching

The Good: Reached a new PB

The Bad: Had to work through a Saturday

The Ugly: Went to a Biker Bar last evening....didn't stay long, I'll get to that later

OK, still on serious time constraints and have obligations for the next several hours. So, I'll do a "wrap up" of the last several days when I get back.

Wide Grip Lat Pull-down Warm-up 10x65lbs(29.5kg)x1, 6x80lbs(36.3kg)x3

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/04222007.jpg

Straight Leg Dead Lifts Warm-up 10x15lbs(6.8kg)x1, 6x85(38.6kg)x3

Seated Cable Rows Warm-up 6x85lbs(38.6kg)x3

Barbell Curls Warm-up 12x20lbs(9.1kg)x1, 6x40lbs(18.1kg)x3

Hammer Curls 6x20(9.1kg)x3

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/04222007b.jpg

stretching

No soreness at all today. I was moving my elbows forward on the barbell curls, so I need to make note to use the mirror to my side, to keep form.

Also note to self: barbell curls, cable rows and lat pull downs need to be bumped up 5lbs next week.

Off to go tan.....later

40 minute interval training on incline tread -not very strong today, but broke a good glow anyway.

Abdomen is giving me grief and is pretty swollen and sore especially in one section. Enough that I have an appt scheduled will doc on Wed. No fever, so I won't get too worried unless that occurs. Hopefully it won't get worse before then....and even better go away.

The Good: Heroes is on again tonight, looking forward to it(yes, I watch it)

The Bad: Some of the fixtures I ordered in for all the new stock were incorrect, and it is my fault. Luckily I am the boss so the "buck stops here".

The Ugly: Ab pain and swelling

No reason to be ashamed of that.

I'm totally pumped that it's back. Let's just hope it delivers after a month and a half break. They really hype that show up.

Oh, and sorry about that abdomen.

Thanks, and I enjoyed the episode last eve

Thanks guys, I'll know more tomorrow.

Barbell Squat Warm-up 10x40x1, 6x90x3 –back was better today

Rear Delt Row Warm-up 10x12x1, 6x25x3 –felt good need to bump next week

Sumo Leg Dead Lift Warm-up 10x15, 6x75x3 –felt good need to bump

Tricep Rope Pull Overs 10x20x1, 6x30x3 –still having trouble staying stable

Front Raise 10x15x2

Bench Dips (feet elevated) Warm-up 10xBWx2 –easier today

stretching

The Good: Found 2 shows I like

The Bad: I can't decide which one is best

The Ugly: I have my days and afternoons, totally booked until the weekend once again

Here goes....

First Pic is from Jan 29th 2007

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/BACK2.jpg

The second pic was taken April 24th 2007. I'm still carrying too much BF for comp, but I think there may be progress....hope so because I have been busting my a**

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/back04242007.jpg

Both poses were "cold" (i.e. I did not come fresh off a training session). I still have not learned to hold a pose well. Complicated since I can not make a tight fist with my left hand. But, I'll practice and get it to even up.

Comp isn't until Fall, so still have plenty of time. My own critique, I feel I have made progress (still have work to do), but not happy at all with arms