Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:56 am 
Elephant

I second what Potter said. You look great! I am sure you will place at your comp. Good luck, I'm so excited for you! I would love to compete in BBing in the future but until then I must live vicariously through others, so thanks for competing and for documenting it in your journal! :lol: :D

:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:43 am 
Site Admin

Best of luck! I hope it is great! I really look forward to hearing how it all goes, seeing photos and talking to you afterwards.

Thanks for always phoning me before my contests. Vegan Vacation starts on Friday/Saturday but I'll do my best to phone to wish you luck.

All the best. Go get em!!!!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:40 pm 
Elephant

Whoa! I need to get in here and update!

Will try to get back to it tonight. Been super busy have a comp next weekend, 4 divisions this time .....woohoo! I go into what I call "Ultra Blond" mode tomorrow, when I start making the last cuts :lol:

Richard has been working on my site, gotta love him! He is soooo talented! It isn't done yet (my fault not his) but it's getting there:
http://www.denisenicole.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:08 pm 
Elephant

Richard is the man. That guy has more talent at more things. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:10 am 
Elephant

pazios2002 wrote:
Richard is the man. That guy has more talent at more things. :)

Agreed! :D

Comp on Sat Will be doing Figure Mediums, Figure Novice, Figure Masters, and Fitness Model.

OK, you are about to get full disclosure, yes I am very well aware that comp mode is not healthy, and you can knock us over on stage with a feather. Our big line after comp was "YAY! LET"S GO EAT!" People reading this want to know how it's done, just letting you know that I am very well aware of how "unhealthy" comp week is so no need to lecture me on it. Another factor is what works for me on comp week doesn't work for everyone, and a lot of us do the last week differently. Just depends on how you can get your body to respond to shedding off that last bit of fat and water (to see all the hard work on stage)

For the model division I have to submit a face and full body shot. Here is one I am leaning towards, although still needs "touching". Wish I had more time to do a shoot. Was supposed to do one last week, but was bruised to hell and couldn't (just yet one more bad chapter of my life, I'll get into the story later).

OK full comp mode now, cut my fats in half, no added sodium to foods, no condiments. I bumped my cardio to daily last week even on lifting days (30 min daily). Cardo is bumped to an hour as of today! Starting to pump a bit more water.

I did 30min cardio and abs this AM, off to tan now. Already did nails and hair. Did not have time to get my 2-piece suit altered (having trouble with the top portion and trying not to give the front row a "show" when I do side pose).

This afternoon, lifting and this eve to other 30 min cardio, abs again.

Food so far:
black coffee (big surprise there, lol)
water
Protein shake with 1/2 tablespoon flax, green tea extract

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:56 pm 
Elephant

Lifting today: (starting to get weak the cutting does that)
Shoulders:
Seated Press WU -15 x 12lbs, 8 x 15lbs, rest pause set tried 20 (my norm), but couldn't pull it off so did it at 15lbs 2 sets of 6, 1 set of 4 .... failure
Lateral Raise ( I use a 10lb plate) 30 reps
Triceps:
Push Downs wo 15 x 60lbs, 8 x 70lbs, rest pause 80lbs, 3 sets of 6 (failure)
Seated Push Down (machine) 90lbs to failure (12 reps)
Calves:
30 seated raises 25lbs
20 standing raises 60 lbs
30 rocking
3 sets of each
band - over shoulder stretch 30 reps
stretching

Posing Practice

30 min cardio, tread interval training and abs in eve.

Remaining meals:
4 oz protein, banana
Protein Shake w/ 1/2 tablespoon Natty PB & Green Tea Extract
Multi Vitamin, Calcium Sup, Vit C Sup
Rum & Diet :mrgreen:
4oz protein 1 cup raw spinach
Protein Shake w/1/2 tablespoon Natty PB & Green Tea Extract
Iron Sup, Potassium Sup, B Complex Sup
Rum and Diet (:mrgreen:)
lots of water all dayLifting today: (starting to get weak the cutting does that)
Shoulders:
Seated Press WU -15 x 12lbs, 8 x 15lbs, rest pause set tried 20 (my norm), but couldn't pull it off so did it at 15lbs 2 sets of 6, 1 set of 4 .... failure
Lateral Raise ( I use a 10lb plate) 30 reps
Triceps:
Push Downs wo 15 x 60lbs, 8 x 70lbs, rest pause 80lbs, 3 sets of 6 (failure)
Seated Push Down (machine) 90lbs to failure (12 reps)
Calves:
30 seated raises 25lbs
20 standing raises 60 lbs
30 rocking
3 sets of each
band - over shoulder stretch 30 reps
stretching

Posing Practice

30 min cardio, tread interval training and abs in eve.

Remaining meals:
4 oz protein, banana
Protein Shake w/ 1/2 tablespoon Natty PB & Green Tea Extract
Multi Vitamin, Calcium Sup, Vit C Sup
Rum & Diet :mrgreen:
4oz protein 1 cup raw spinach
Protein Shake w/1/2 tablespoon Natty PB & Green Tea Extract
Iron Sup, Potassium Sup, B Complex Sup
Rum and Diet (:mrgreen:)
lots of water all day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:30 am 
Elephant

So foggy, so I know I am officially in Ultra Blond mode. :lol:

Food so far:
coffee
Protein Shake w/ 1/2 Tablespoon Natty PB, green tea extract, an orange

OK, just realized I don't have anything that actually fits for the fitness model round. Have to submit two photos (think I have that covered) do a bikini round and a fitness wear round. ALL of my fitness wear is TOO big for me even the size XS's. So will be hunting online to find something to do it in.

ALSO, out of Pro Tan, ummmm...... major problem, I am required to be painted, so need to get that in route ASAP as well.

Still deciding on bikini, but since I keep getting the barbie comments, I have one that is hot pink (barbie pink) so may just play right into the image and use that one for bikin round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:53 pm 
Elephant

Meals same as yesterday. Really feeling the effects of completing common tasks now.

Got my tan and fitness wear ordered and in route. Just got off tread, 30 min interval training. Got quite a glow going. Gonna hit the shower, then off to the gym to do abs, lower back, 30min steady elliptical and posing and T-walks when the aerobics room opens up at 6:30.

Then of course off to hit the outdoor bar for my after training Rum and Diet :mrgreen: I'm cooped up inside all day so feel like at least I am getting outside even a little bit.

Here's another from the last shoot:

Funny to me to see the old shoot since I am 15lbs lighter and more toned then I was when I did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:54 pm 
Elephant

OK real quick since I need to jet!

Meals - same same

Leg Day and pushed it really hard so no cardio session today:
Seated Calf raises: wu 15, 8,8,8 failure
Standing Leg Curls wu 15, Drop set 8-8-10
Leg Extensions: wu 50, 8, 8, 6 failure
Squats: wu 15, 8, 8, 8 widowmaker set 0f 30
Dumb bell lunges 20lbs to failure
Inner & outer thigh standing using leg extension, both legs to failure
stretching

Off now to the gym (stayed and used mine today) need to get into the aerobics room to practice my routine. Had to mix my own music (90 sec) or I have to use the house music, and lord knows what that would have been. Went with the salt & peppa push it beat, with barbie girl as the main ...... hope that is fitting for what I am doing!

OK off to pose in my stage shows (I have to wonder what the other members are thinking when I walk out in those, :lol: )

Pic for today:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:34 pm 
Manatee

SeaSiren wrote:
OK off to pose in my stage shows (I have to wonder what the other members are thinking when I walk out in those, :lol: )
They're thinking : "Damn, that's one GREAT LOOKING WOMAN! Wish I had that much discipline! "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:20 am 
Elephant

bunnylalu wrote:
SeaSiren wrote:
They're thinking : "Damn, that's one GREAT LOOKING WOMAN! Wish I had that much discipline! "

:lol: I hope that's it!

Wow my body is ready taking a pounding this round! I could NOT do my 1 hour of cardio. I kept getting the shakes and my leg spasming (remember hospital stay before, that's how it started) also the muscles in my lower leg and foot lock totally. So I am still on muscle relaxants, not fond of taking them so always wait until my symptoms are heavy. I'm putting so much pressure on my body to hit comp right now that they are giving me grief.

OK anyway, 30 min interval training on tread. abs (upper and lower) went to gym to do another 30 on elliptical, but just felt awful. So went directly into aerobics room to posing routine. When I was done (about an hour later) I sat against the wall just trying not to pass out. So I guess I got my cardio in anyway..... the posing routines are work anyway.

OK, go my music solved, for those who want to know here is one (my son mixed it for me, who got non of his talent from his mother). The lead up on this if you have not been following as I got the nick name "Malibu Barbie" after the last comp so playing right into that since the publishers will be there, this one is for the fitness round. Which I have to hit a few BBing poses in:
http://www.denisenicole.com/Mom's_Barbie_Girl_Project.wav

Started to apply a coat of tan (mouse) last eve. This consists of standing totally nude for someone to put a coat of this stuff from top to bottom and you stand around another hour waiting for it to dry, checking to make sure you don't need to rub in any spots. (this is where if any other BBer's have a better way they should pipe in here)

Tonight cardio (if I can handle it): Back and Biceps.

My prints which are REQUIRED for the fitness model round won't be here in time, so I was luck enough to find a place to do it today.

My suit which I did not have time to alter, I am altering myself ..... heaven help us all as I am not the best seamstress.

Photo for today:

The Good: Excited to Leave for show
The Bad: Still altering suits and need prints
The Ugly: My own body is fighting this last week, and not co-operating

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:31 am 
Elephant

the mix sounds great :)

and as always you look great :) :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:17 am 
Stegosaurus

Looking good - knock 'em dead at your competition!

Just to ask, are you using any taurine supplements to help with the cramping? Some people swear by taurine to help with muscle cramps and lock-ups, so just an idea if you haven't already tried it before. Just thought it might be an idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Best of luck SeaSiren! Have a great time and make the most of the opportunity!

As far as tanning....yeah, I'm the same way. 100% nude, or maybe wearing some bikini briefs depending on who is helping me. Tanning is one of the most annoying things about competing, but it's all part of the game.

Have an awesome time. I look forward to hearing about it!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:23 pm 
Elephant

Hey guys! Back and EXHAUSTED! As always had a wonderful time. Love the stage and BBing community! New photo album up from last comp. Got trophies in every division. Still have runway model legs, so hurt me for the comp. But scored perfect in photo end of it for (model).... That means I achieved the highest scores for my photos but my legs hurt me for part 2 and 3 of the scoring. Results, 3rd figure model, 4th masters, 5th open! Very very happy ...... the legs will come in time, it takes months even up to a year to bring them up but I'll still compete every month knowing that! I'm getting experience and LOVE being on stage!!!!!

xx,
Denise Nicole

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next