Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:52 pm 
Manatee

SeaSiren wrote:
Got a stalker now, and I have him blocked everywhere. But he decided to go through my myspace friends list and try to find out who would know my where abouts at any given time .... luckily one of my friends immediately let me know he was looking for me, so I hope he goes away. I won't even know it if I am talking too him since I don't know what he looks like. But I think we have a name now, so if he attempts again I'll get a restraining order at least.

where do I start? ... regarding my social life
The Ugly: My personal life is like watching a train wreck, lol .... I need to take charge of this and stop allowing the turmoil ... time to put my foot down and take charge![/color]

As if you needed a stalker to add to the list :roll:

Since RAW is good enough for every other animal on the planet, it is good enough for me. I'd much rather be like any one of them than most humans anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:16 am 
Elephant

Veganitaliana wrote:
As if you needed a stalker to add to the list :roll:

too true! :lol:

Friday:
3 sets of upper ab crunches to failure
3 sets lower abs to failure
3 sets lower back ext, 30 reps each
Leg Ext 2 sets of 20
Leg Press (narrow stance) 1 set of 12, 3 sets of 8 (going up in weight), 1 set of 6 -heavy
Leg Extensions Again - 12 heavy, slow pause
Leg Press - to failure
Squat 1 set 12, 2 sets of 10 (med effort), 1 set of 10 heavy, last set to failure
Lying Leg Curls - 2 sets of 12 (slow effort, squeeze at top)
Super set Calves:
Seated 2 sets of 10 slow reps
Super set with Standing 2 sets of 10
Extreme calf stretch on leg press machine

Posing practice and T-Walks in new suit (makes it easier to see body, then in gym wear)
See bad cell phone photos of new pink suit. I'll get better photos from a "real " camera later. The designer did an excellent job on the crystals, I absolutely love her work. :)

Saturday: 20 min cardio interval training
tanning

100% comp mode now. In case you were wondering, I hit comp weight so quickly I backed off the cardio a bit right now.
The plan is:
Today - Shoulders & Tri's, abs, lower back, cardio, tanning
Tuesday - Back & Bi's, cardio, abs lower back
Wednesday - Legs, abs, lower back, tanning, begin applying comp tan, begin packing for comp
Thursday - cardio, abs, back, second coat comp tan
Friday - leave for comp, abs, last app of comp tan if necessary, bronzer
Sat - comp

Just bought a new suit for bikini round and a new one for fitness wear round. I am debating and going back and for on a rio cut string hot pink bikini or my red white and blue (usa) bikini which has "sparklies" in the fabric.
Here is an old pic of the USA one (before I had abs and at least 15lbs ago.... wow when did that happen?):

Socially (if you're still following). Because it would have been so wrong on so many levels to cancel last minute I went to the wedding (darn my conscience). The wedding was ..... well I wish them well and let's just say I am SO happy to be back home!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:29 am 
Rabbit

WOW! You look incredible!!! All of your hard work has definetly paid off! You are one of my role models. I'm sorry to hear about all your man troubles. I find it surprising that you drink, do you mind me asking what you drink?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:39 am 
Elephant

lisaanddini wrote:
WOW! You look incredible!!! All of your hard work has definetly paid off! You are one of my role models. I'm sorry to hear about all your man troubles. I find it surprising that you drink, do you mind me asking what you drink?

Thank-you! I really appreciate the compliment. It really does take a lot of time, especially this week, with cardio, lifting and posing, I'll be in the gym 2 to 2-1/2 hours per session this week.

Rum and diet is my drink of choice. I actually stopped for a bit and saw no gains or loses in my workout. Started again (in the eve's) and see no gains or losses. The gentleman who designed my leg routine places always top in the heavy weight bbing comps drinks as well. As he said, It just depends on the person. Some people would gain weight or have problems if they did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:46 am 
Rabbit

Cool! I thought I had to stop drinking! I'll just try to stick to vodka & club's instead of the crazy fruity flavored mixed drinks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:59 pm 
Elephant

You look great Sea Siren! You've added so much lean muscle tissue this year. I know how much work that takes for a petite female so great work!!!

I REALLY feel like you should go with the solid color. I feel the red, white and blue may distract from your physique and your bringing in such a tight package that I'd hate for it to detract from that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:48 pm 
Manatee

Again, cut out the drinking too :wink: Just call me grandma-I'm so straightedge....

Just wondering SS, do you ever train "to failure" or do you stick to a certain number of sets/reps even if they're easy?

Since RAW is good enough for every other animal on the planet, it is good enough for me. I'd much rather be like any one of them than most humans anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:12 pm 
Elephant

veggieprincess wrote:
You look great Sea Siren! You've added so much lean muscle tissue this year. I know how much work that takes for a petite female so great work!!!

I REALLY feel like you should go with the solid color. I feel the red, white and blue may distract from your physique and your bringing in such a tight package that I'd hate for it to detract from that.

Thanks so much for the compliments and imput. Makes sense, I'm leaning that way for the bikini part of it. :)

Veganitaliana wrote:
Again, cut out the drinking too :wink: Just call me grandma-I'm so straightedge....

Just wondering SS, do you ever train "to failure" or do you stick to a certain number of sets/reps even if they're easy?

I had cut out the drinking for a while, but made no difference regarding training. My last "vice" so to speak since I am so strict on everything else. But that you for looking out for me! :mrgreen:

I do most exercises to failure now. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:50 pm 
Manatee

SeaSiren wrote:

I do most exercises to failure now. :)

Ah, that's good to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:18 pm 
Elephant

Sea Sire,

We are following a similar program. Especially our grams of Protein are almost identical (I hired a Dietitian/Trainer last week).

You spoke about the "bloaty" feeling and I know exactly what you mean. I just wanted to mention that at nighttime when I'm supposed to take in 40 grams of protein, I was doing Soy or Pea Protein at night before and woke up with that bloated gut. But last night I went for the Hemp and I woke up with a flat stomach. I actually HATE the texture of the hemp, especially taking in that much in one sitting, but I feel my body processes it immediately. Have you tried this or have you experienced this with Hemp as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:26 pm 
Mastodon

Jonathon told me not to go to failure due to CNS (central nervous system) failure.

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-cns-overtraining.aspx

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:28 am 
Elephant

veggieprincess wrote:
Sea Sire,

We are following a similar program. Especially our grams of Protein are almost identical (I hired a Dietitian/Trainer last week).

You spoke about the "bloaty" feeling and I know exactly what you mean. I just wanted to mention that at nighttime when I'm supposed to take in 40 grams of protein, I was doing Soy or Pea Protein at night before and woke up with that bloated gut. But last night I went for the Hemp and I woke up with a flat stomach. I actually HATE the texture of the hemp, especially taking in that much in one sitting, but I feel my body processes it immediately. Have you tried this or have you experienced this with Hemp as well?

I have tried hemp in the past, but have a really bad reaction like being kicked in the stomach and am generally down for a couple hours .... I'm thinking this isn't a good thing :lol:

Zack wrote:
Jonathon told me not to go to failure due to CNS (central nervous system) failure.

Hello Zack, thanks for popping in and the link! To failure has been debated quite a bit in the industry, as I am sure you know. Right now it's the only thing I have seen results with, especially since I have to stay within 10 lbs of comp weight at ALL times. My comps are every month! So have to be able to drop back quickly. When I go to failure I do all my sets then, drop the weight .... going to failure. Burns really bad/good lol

I'll take another look at my schedule but if I am correct I have a comp in 2 weeks after this then a 2 month break. I'm thinking of "bulking a bit" (for me that prob diff then for most) and incorporation a power lifting routine. With more weight on me I can push more weight and make better gains. I would still have time to begin my cutting routine in time for the next comp after that and the hope is ..... put 1/4" on my legs :)

Monday:
20min interval training on incline treadmill
Crunches (slight movements)100-30-30
Bench Leg raises 30-30-20
Shoulders
Seated Dumbbell Press Warm-up 12x12x1, 8x15x3, 6x20x1
Lateral Raises using plate 20x10x1 each side
Triceps
Tricep Push Downs Warm-up 12x30x1, 8x40x3. 6x50x1
Skull Crushers Warm-up 12x15, 8x35x4
Stretching

tanning
T-walk practice to chosen music

Yesterday: 20min interval training on incline treadmill
Crunches 3 sets 100, 30, 30
Leg Lifts (lower abs) 30, 30, 30
Bicep curls 12x12x1, 15x8x3, 20x6x1
Cable Pull Overs -50 reps
Wide Grip Pull Downs 12x30x1, 8x40x3, 6x50x1
Bent Over Rows 12x40x1, 8x60x3, 6x70x1
Low Cable Pull (rear delts) 30 each side
Rows - 30 x 40
stretching

Too much going on today to get T-walk practice in :( Youngest had Fall Fair at school after work and Middle daughter had evening B-Day party have to drive 40min 1 way to go pick her up.

I am officially comp diet stupid as of yesterday! I stared at the vacuum cleaner for about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to turn it on. I packed and repacked most of my orders today, since I kept forgetting things. An basically wandered in and out of rooms all day wondering why I was in the room at all. Even called a few people, then forgot why I actually called. SO from here to comp. I am NOT ALLOWED to make ANY decisions at all! And should not go out in public (i.e. out for anything other then work or training) until after comp.

Today the plan is AM cardio, tanning after work, on to hammer the legs, and practice T-Walks. Out to late dinner (yes still sticking to comp diet), come home to apply first application of tan. I mentioned this in the past but for those unfamiliar, this consists of being painted down with wet and sometimes very cold comp tan and parading around naked for an hour while it dries trying not to touch fabric etc. A handy hairdryer helps a bit but not much. SO glad I have a house full of daughters who are very used to this routine by now, and don't even blink an eye anymore, lol

Was talking to another gal on another BBing board, and agree with here. AM leaning towards the solid bikini for the show.

Here's a shot from last show .... I've put on a little more def for the one on Sat. and I'm wearing the new pink suit this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:07 pm 
Elephant

SeaSiren wrote:
veggieprincess wrote:
Zack wrote:

Hello Zack, thanks for popping in and the link! To failure has been debated quite a bit in the industry, as I am sure you know. Right now it's the only thing I have seen results with, especially since I have to stay within 10 lbs of comp weight at ALL times.

This is what everyone needs to come to grips with. There are a million theories out there and every body responds differently. For me, some body parts respond better when worked to failure and others respond better with light weights & lotsa reps so I do both. What works for one person may not work for another so you gotta pick something, stick with it for at least two weeks to a month and see how your body responds. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:26 pm 
Elephant

veggieprincess wrote:
This is what everyone needs to come to grips with. There are a million theories out there and every body responds differently. For me, some body parts respond better when worked to failure and others respond better with light weights & lotsa reps so I do both. What works for one person may not work for another so you gotta pick something, stick with it for at least two weeks to a month and see how your body responds. :wink:

If only there was one formula for everyone .... I would be a millionaire, lol

Yesterday:
AM cardio 20 min interval training on tread.
Late Afternoon:
3 sets lower back ext, 30 reps each
Leg Ext 2 sets of 20
Leg Press (narrow stance) 1 set of 12, 3 sets of 8 (going up in weight), 1 set of 6 -heavy
Leg Extensions Again - 12 heavy, slow pause
Leg Press - to failure
Squat 1 set 12, 2 sets of 10 (med effort), 1 set of 10 heavy, last set to failure
Lying Leg Curls - 2 sets of 12 (slow effort, squeeze at top)
Super set Calves:
Seated 2 sets of 10 slow reps
Super set with Standing 2 sets of 10
Extreme calf stretch on leg press machine

last tan yesterday, applied comp tan last eve and apparently at some point sat .... fell asleep on the Chaise Lounge. Now how to get it out the fabric.... I have no idea!!!!

Today:
2 cardio sessions, 2 ab sessions, T-walks for the last time. I leave for comp. tomorrow after work. Will attempt another cardio and ab session in the AM.

Need to start packing so not to forget anything!

Great dinner last eve with my soon to be ex. We have been getting along so much better since the separation. More of an understanding of where each other is coming from. He's been staying back with me for several days now. AND (drum roll) is actually attending my comp this weekend. We are discussing reconciliation. But I AM in "ultra blond" mode. AND he knows I'm not allowed to make decisions until after comp. So we shall see. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:01 am 
Site Admin

Best of luck with comp stuff! I always look forward to updates. Be safe, be well, and have fun!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next