Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Jessi's Froggy Bloggy
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:05 am 
Elephant

Wow! Thanks for the pics! Top of the world feeling really. I think you have to really be at peace with yourself to experience that sort of thing and understand the serene peaceful beauty of it all. It says something about your character. Awesome! 8)

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:53 am 
Gorilla

michaelhobson wrote:
Wow! Thanks for the pics! Top of the world feeling really. I think you have to really be at peace with yourself to experience that sort of thing and understand the serene peaceful beauty of it all. It says something about your character. Awesome! 8)

Thanks Michael! You're right, putting myself through the pain and suffering of getting to the top of a mountain goes beyond accomplishment, it becomes an insight, it gives perspective, and yes, absolutely a full awareness of peace and serenity :)

http://www.jessiloveslife.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:13 am 
Rabbit

Jessifly wrote:
I know there are some other forum members here that have mentioned doing something similar! We should get something planned :)

Jessifly! I would TOTALLY join you guys! I have lots of backpacking experience (and canyoneering/rappelling experience). If this happens to be planned when I'm out west end of the summer I could meet some of you! :D
Also on my training journal I've been listing vegan backpacking meals, what do you prepare for food that is suitable for days long trips? How how many hours or days does it take to reach the summit of these two mountains?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:05 am 
Gorilla

Andreafrancis wrote:
Jessifly wrote:
I know there are some other forum members here that have mentioned doing something similar! We should get something planned :)

Jessifly! I would TOTALLY join you guys! I have lots of backpacking experience (and canyoneering/rappelling experience). If this happens to be planned when I'm out west end of the summer I could meet some of you! :D
Also on my training journal I've been listing vegan backpacking meals, what do you prepare for food that is suitable for days long trips? How how many hours or days does it take to reach the summit of these two mountains?

Awesome! That would be great if you could join on a backpacking trip! That would be soooo fun! We'll have to come up with some good trail recipes to share on the trip!

I need to experiment more for my foods, on these two trips I kept it really simple... for dinners just couscous or noodles. On the trail I always have tofutti cream cheese and bagels, almond butter & jam sandwich, soy jerkies, dark chocolate, fruit, assorted chopped fresh veggies (bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, whatever) and lots of assorted bars (especially Probars, those are AMAZING!) I share all of my vegan snacks with my climbing friends, none of which are vegan, and without any persuasion 3 of them started bringing only vegan foods on trips and telling me of their attempts to eat only vegan at home too! In fact I'll get the recipe and post it here but one of my friends developed his own no-cook vegan veggie couscous meal!

Mt Hood took my group about 7-8 hours up and 2-3 hours down (we camped the night before near the trailhead to we could get a 3am start) and for Middle Sister we did it in a day and a half, 5 miles the first day (2-3 hours) and 16 miles the second day (about 12 hours).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:20 am 
Gorilla

A Froggy Bloggy quote of the day, this just came in my inspirational quote of the day email.... I find it appropriate after this weeks adventures! Hiking, whitewater rafting, bungee jumping, and in a couple days I am climbing yet another peak!!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature."
~ Helen Keller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:41 am 
Site Admin

Nice!

Glad you had an awesome adventurous weekend!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1