Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:10 pm 
Rabbit

pamela wrote:
. What's the weather like in Texas?

very inconsistent. on sunday when i did my long run it was 36 outside and today it was 61! but generally between those two, but i think its gonna stay more in the 50's for the next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:33 am 
Elephant

bpmojo wrote:
pamela wrote:
. What's the weather like in Texas?

very inconsistent. on sunday when i did my long run it was 36 outside and today it was 61! but generally between those two, but i think its gonna stay more in the 50's for the next week.

I'm jealous!

I did upper body/abs today. The usual half hour routine.

One of my good real life friends had a blood test yesterday and was called today and told to go to the emergency room immediately, as the platelet levels are extremely low. There are a lot of things that could cause this, and none of them are good so I'm pretty worried. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:19 pm 
Elephant

I was going to run this evening but now I think I won't. We got another few inches of snow somewhat unexpectedly tonight. I'll wait until tomorrow when the roads are cleared a bit more. It took me more than 3x the normal amount of time to drive home. I just don't feel like going out there. Today I actually entertained thoughts of quitting altogether.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:00 pm 
Rabbit

quitting? just slap on some snow shoes and tackle the road, doesn't matter if your running like a nazi duck, you'll still be a fast nazi duck. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:04 pm 
Elephant

bpmojo wrote:
quitting? just slap on some snow shoes and tackle the road, doesn't matter if your running like a nazi duck, you'll still be a fast nazi duck. :)

It's more just that I'm feeling kind of down about it... the whole hip flexor thing, and now that I'm not angry anymore about some issues in my personal life I've lost some of my motivation to keep going. I'll keep going if only to keep my figure though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:24 am 
Don't quit...there is still quite a bit of ass to kick out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:45 am 
Stegosaurus

pamela wrote:
bpmojo wrote:

It's more just that I'm feeling kind of down about it... the whole hip flexor thing, and now that I'm not angry anymore about some issues in my personal life I've lost some of my motivation to keep going. I'll keep going if only to keep my figure though. :D

Don't think of it as quiting. Do something different Pamela.
It's okay to take a brake. :D It's not going to get any better if you don't rest it. It might lead to serious injuries. Like your flexor then your IT band.
From my personal experience, you should go and see a good physio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:27 pm 
Elephant

I just got back from running, about an hour and a half. I feel so much better mentally. I ran really slow and easy. It's a beautiful day for a run, no wind at all and only -6C. It made me so happy to be out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:33 pm 
Elephant

I don't think you should quit running. I just read your last post, you obviously LOVE to run. I have days I don't feel like weight training, and feel that it's all worthless, but once I go I realize how much I love it. I would feel incomplete if I gave it up, and I can tell you would feel the same if you gave up running. Sometimes our bodies are telling us to rest, it doesn't mean stop, just take it a bit easier until your body has time to recover. Maybe if it's too cold and snowy you could run inside somewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:42 pm 
Nice to see you're still happy running because running won't be happy without you. Keep it up...you have way too many goals to not keep pushing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:56 am 
Elephant

Thanks guys. I think not running for five days contributed to putting me in a pretty depressed state overall. I was feeling like nothing I do has any meaning, and like I didn't even know who I was anymore. I'm feeling a bit less angsty now.

Anyway, I went to the sports medicine doctor this morning. I was correct, it is a hip flexor strain. He has prescribed that I get physiotherapy for it, but also says it's fine to keep running as long as it isn't hurting me to run. So, hurray! :) I'm going to be careful though, and maybe step it back a bit. I can't get in for physio until Jan. 2 because of the holidays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:46 pm 
Great news...this means ass can and will still be kicked. So are you gonna drop miles or just drop intensity???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:05 am 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
Great news...this means ass can and will still be kicked. So are you gonna drop miles or just drop intensity???

LOL, well, since I've already slowed down a LOT due to winter conditions (extra layers, snowy pathways, numbness) I guess I'll drop back my miles a bit. I'll see how it goes. Todd found some strengthening exercises online, so I'm going to try those out too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:38 pm 
Elephant

I just got back from a run. The roads were clear which was awesome! It's also just above freezing. It also meant I really had to fight to hold myself back from running too fast. I did nearly 7.5 km in 40 minutes, We've got some nice days coming up so I want to save something for then. :) My leg felt fine... I could feel it a bit, but it wasn't painful at all, I was just aware of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:54 pm 
Elephant

I read in the paper today that police are looking for a man who sexually touched three women in three separate incidents in a park I run past regularly. Lovely. :roll: I guess at least there's a good chance I could outrun him.

It's not as warm as it was supposed to be today, so I'm going to skip running and do some yoga and weights.

Todd gave me my Saturnus gift yesterday... Veganomicon, and Sinfully Vegan. So now I'm preparing to make some atrociously rich desserts. How does brownie with caramel and then covered with chocolate and pecans sound? ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next