Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:30 pm 
Elephant

offense74 wrote:
You should learn how to voodoo and then kick his ass in his dreams!

I don't know much about voodoo... is there anything neat I could do if I acquired that skill? :) I'm all about multi-tasking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:30 pm 
Manatee

pamela wrote:
offense74 wrote:
I don't know much about voodoo... is there anything neat I could do if I acquired that skill? :) I'm all about multi-tasking.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:20 am 
Elephant

pamela wrote:
offense74 wrote:

If you learned it you would become the dark lord of Canada. Not too shabby. You would need to focus though so no multi-tasking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:54 am 
Elephant

offense74 wrote:
If you learned it you would become the dark lord of Canada. Not too shabby. You would need to focus though so no multi-tasking.

That sounds kind of evil! :shock: I'm really just a cute little ray of sunshine, I swear! :)

I can be very focused too, when I have something worthy to focus on.

So this morning I just did some upper body weights and crunches. my stomach is still pretty nervous but I managed to do 200 in succession, usually I just do 100. I think maybe the nerves helped mask whatever discomfort I'd normally feel. I was going to do more weights and stuff but felt lazy so I stopped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:33 am 
Elephant

Today I did a relatively slow 5k, 28:30. I can't go any faster right now, as I've almost completely lost my appetite and I'm not taking in enough calories to push myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:01 am 
Elephant

Skipped the run today as I want to do a longer one tomorrow and didn't think I should do three days in a row, concluding with a long run. But I did go down and do day 1 of my training plan that markc7's wife wendy put together for me, which focused on triceps and chest. What I learned from that is I am incapable of doing push-ups. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:54 am 
Elephant

oh goodness, are my shoulders/chest ever feeling yesterday's workout today.

I'm going to attempt a very slow 7k this morning, but I feel like complete shit so who knows if I'll be successful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:06 am 
Elephant

Well I'm pretty pleased with the run. :) I did the 7k in 42:15, just taking that easy pace I've been doing lately. My goal was to do it in less than 45 minutes, so I am happy with the time. I don't feel tired at all, and could have kept up that pace indefinitely. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:28 am 
Elephant

I was pretty terrible to my body yesterday after my run... I went to a dessert pot luck at markc7's and while I didn't gorge too much, it was a lot more sugar than I've gotten accustomed to. And then since my nerves are shot, I didn't actually eat anything else all day except for about 1/3 cup cous cous salad.

So today I'm not going to exercise, and I am going to try to eat pretty healthy. Not much different than I'd normally eat, except that I'm going to not eat snacks/sugar etc. and try to make my meals especially nutrient dense. Right now I'm having a green smoothie- it includes the equivilent of a salad, a shot of wheat grass, soy milk, vega, strawberries, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, and pineapple juice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:48 am 
Elephant

I did 5k this morning in under 27 minutes, so that is more like I was doing it before. I felt great until the last half kilometre. I dont think Im eating enough to go any faster. Hopefully Ill regain my appetite soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:41 pm 
Manatee

pamela wrote:
What I learned from that is I am incapable of doing push-ups. :D
NO WAY!! YOU CAN DO IT!! When I started I couldn't do them either. Now I can do 7!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:58 pm 
Elephant

bunnylalu wrote:
pamela wrote:
What I learned from that is I am incapable of doing push-ups. :D
NO WAY!! YOU CAN DO IT!! When I started I couldn't do them either. Now I can do 7!!

Great success! :D

I suspect before long I'll be able to do them, but I'll probably need some help. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:46 am 
Elephant

This morning I just did an easy-paced 5k in 29 minutes. I kept the same pace throughout the entire run. No cramping or anything, which was nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:59 am 
Elephant

I did my 5k run today in the pouring rain, but it felt really awesome. I took an entirely different route today, because last night I left my significant other of nine years and I'm staying with friends for a while. Even though I'm sad and scared, having a bit of resolution has mostly gotten rid of how sick and awful I've felt for the past couple weeks, which was really affecting my running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:53 pm 
Elephant

So this morning I did about 9k, a new record for me. I ran for an hour.

But this afternoon I've also been getting a lot of hard core exercise in. With my training partner I've been getting a full body workout. This is great endurance training, and has left me feeling great. I hope to make this aspect of my training a very regular occurrence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next