Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hayley's Training Journal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:57 pm 
Elephant

Busy week! Don't remember what I've exactly been eating, although it's pretty much the same boring food i usually eat.
Thursday- Moved boxes, and loaded and unloaded U-Haul in under three hours. lot's of lifting, squatting, stepping up on, and off truck, carrying boxes etc. I have the bruises to prove it.
Friday-
Got dropped off at my empty apartment- and quickly finished cleaning.
9am-walked 1 mile to where my mom works, walking my bike with its flat tires
Breakfast- coffee, luna bar
1130am- walked back to apartment to hand in keys, and get my security deposit back
1215pm- walked again to where my mom works

Saturday- weighed myself after eating tons of cookies from my party I only gained 1 pound I was quite grateful it wasn't 5 pounds
930am- Zumba
Drunken Monkey- vegan breakfast burrito, vegan scone, coffee
walked a lot this afternoon at an art festival a friend told me about
then walked back probably about 2 miles to my new location w/family

Sunday- Step, and Body Pump
BP was a new release, and I quite agreed w/ instructor harder than the past few releases. Lets just say the lunges got my glutes, and the shoulder track just about left me trembling. That's how the workout went.

Monday-
9am- run YEAH!! only about 2 miles, time limitations in the morning
My glutes were really feeling it in the run.
945- banana, coffee, luna bar
1pm- falaffel, hummus, couscous- very very filling
730pm- big salad
10pm- herbal tea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:04 pm 
Elephant

Tuesday
Drunken Monkey- coffee, vegan coffee cake (way too sugary) 1/2 an oatmeal fruit/ nut bar
Found out Brendan Brazier was speaking tonight so changed plans to go hear him.
I am glad I did! He's an awesome guy, and full of knowledge. Learned a lot. I had to wear my Vega shirt of course!

Wednesday-
9am- run- about 2 miles- no time for a longer run
945am- banana, coffee, berry almond luna bar
1pm- vegan chicken patties, hummus, carrots, water
4pm- bagel w/ vegan cream cheese, coffee
9pm- 2 burritos
Had a bad eating day was super busy, and stressed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am 
Elephant

9am- 30 minutes on an Precor machine w/ arms- I dislike machines quite a bit because they are not fun, and don't burn as many calories as I think I'm burning off. But I neede the extra cardio
945am- banana, coffee, berry almond luna bar
1230pm- hummus, carrots
2pm- Amy's Pot Pie vegan of course

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:21 am 
Elephant

Went for a run this morning, third time this week! Got to gym early, and after I briefly talked to a friend that was leaving and had said that he ran for 6 miles I ended up running faster than I usually run. Run was a little under 3 miles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:57 pm 
Elephant

Weighed myself Saturday, down 1 pound. At least it's going down. I think I'm back on track with my eating though, so that's good.
Saturday I took a Zumba class, went to Whole Foods, and then went to an art festival near where I live. Then I walked around for an hour than walked about 2 miles or so home. It's hot again too!

Sunday:
Step class was great sweated buckets- same goes for Body Pump
By the end of Body Pump I felt like falling to the ground, I was spent, but in a good way.

830am- oatmeal which took forever to cook, banana, coffee
1230pm half a chocolate mint clif bar
2pm- half clif bar
6pm- lots of whole wheat pasta w/ marinara sauce and vegan crumbles, whole wheat garlic toast
930pm- cereal- purely O's organic oat cereal, w/ rice milk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:43 pm 
Elephant

9am- Cinnamon raisin bagel w/ vegan cream cheese, coffee, small vegan breakfast burrito
1pm- hummus, celery, vegan turkey sandwich on ww bread w/ veganaisse

430pm- spinning class 45 minutes
630pm- Zumba dance class
815pm- Amy's Quarter pounder, italian beans, tomato
930pm- cereal w/ rice milk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 am 
Elephant

930am- coffee, half berry almond luna bar
10- half an oatmeal bar w/ raisins, apple oats, and other fruit and nuts, very filling, coffee
1pm- Amys pot pie (vegan)

missed Step class because of a big accident on freeway
630- Body Pump- talked my mom into doing the class too, I have a feeling she won't like me much tomorrrow, lol.
745pm- Taco Bell
10pm- cereal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:33 am 
Elephant

9am- blueberry oatmeal scone, coffee, small breakfast wrap w/ tofu
12pm- went for a noon run!!!!! Yikes, it was a hot one too!!! I lasted almost 40 minutes I believe, and think it was about 3 miles, haven't mapped it yet.
2pm- pasta w/ marinara sauce and black olives
9pm- vegan hotdog, black beans, tomato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:01 pm 
Elephant

9am- 1/2 hour precor machine
10am- oatmeal, coffee
2pm- Amy's Vegan Pot Pie
7pm- pasta (too much pasta this week!!!)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:27 pm 
Elephant

Friday-
845am- Run! It was a good one too. I'm not sure about the timing, but I felt good, and ran a bit more than a 5K distance.
930am- coffee, banana, Barbara's strawberry bar (used to be Natures Choice, but Barbara's bought them and now the bars are half the size)
1pm- Amy's Enchilada meal (vegan)
7pm- Amy's vegan pasta meal (watching some kids for a friend and she bought me a microwaveable meal, and of course it was pasta!)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:30 pm 
Elephant

Saturday
915- half a medium banana
930am- Zumba
1045- weighed myself, lost one pound, after all the pasta I ate this week it's a miracle!
1115am- Breakfast at Rhapsodic Vegan bakery- coffee, vegan cheese biscuit, blueberry scone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:32 pm 
Elephant

Ok, my last post wasn't very well thought out, and it was longwinded too! In a nutshell my post was about losing that last 10 pounds, and how hard it is. I can't help it I am accustomed to eating food, and like to eat food. So that is a problem right there. I hope to add Vega back into my diet on a more consistent basis. I always falter with dropping the last 10 pounds because I know it lies in my nutritional intake.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:02 pm 
Elephant

Took 2 classes today, and had a major fight/argument with my brother. I think I will post about my amazing workout, and my food intake.
745- coffee, banana, Barbara's vegan strawberry bar
1230pm- banana
1pm- Step class burned lots of calories!
2pm- chocolate macadamia luna bar
3pm- Body Pump- increased the squat track to a 50 lb barbell, and yes I did hit my head getting it off my back and to the ground. Felt pretty strong, increased my back weight by 5 pounds, and almost got through the chest track without going to failure
Rest of the class was pretty much the same, except when I got to abs. When we got on our mats on the floor I got a serious cramp in my left side. But after a minute or so I relaxed, and I was able to finish the class. That has never happened to me before in a class. It was a weird feeling.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 am 
Elephant

No weight training today but just moved a heavy ( ) table!

430 pm-Spin class was absolutely brutal! There was one point where we had a very high level of resistance about an 8, and had to go all out for 10 seconds, then recover 45 seconds, and repeat 10 times. Another part of the class we had about a level 6 resistance, and had to keep increasing our intensity on the bike for up to 2 minutes. My legs didn't want to go down steps after that class. And it was 45 minutes long.

Breakfast at Drunken Monkey 9am- coffee, raisin bagel w/ vegan cream cheese, small muffin
Lunch- 330pm- vegan hotdog, black beans
Dinner- Amy's Quarter pounder, rice, tomato
Snack- toast and tea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:20 am 
Elephant

845am- ran for 2 miles- Not an easy run because my legs felt like they were running through mud. I think for now on I will try to run on Monday mornings, instead of Tuesday mornings, because spinning just exhausts my legs.
930am- berry almond luna bar, banana, coffee

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 59  Next