Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: HSOrlandos 2012 Journal to end all journals!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:50 pm 
Elephant

Thursday- Rest day
Friday- rest day
Saturday- Spin class 45 minutes: After the class I was texting a thank you to the instructor, and he commented that he could see how serious I was working by the expression on my face. I'm surprised he could keep a straight face! :lol: I did have a really good workout though, and I think I am finally getting used to the new Spin bikes. It was a very intense workout, but worth every drop of sweat!
So this week I have completed a total of 7 different workouts. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:15 pm 
Elephant

Step- 55 minute cardio based class- harder than it looks-1pm!
Body Pump- 55 minute strength edurance barbell class-3pm

The workout was great but then all hell broke loose or so it seemed at least for me.
I though I was getting a ride and doing something after the gym, bcause neither I nor my ride want to listen to football all afternoon, but as usual it was mass confusion so now I am taking the bus
.I would take some nice calming yoga breaths but I prefer not to smell everything on the bus!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:48 pm 
Elephant

Had to skip the 45 minute Spin workout so I could go to the math center and clear up a few points I didn't quite get. Tomorow isn't looking good for the gym eiither because of things beyond my control. But I am still hoping to squeeze in a Step workout at least. Will have to wait and see what happens though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 pm 
Elephant

This week has been crazy!
Tuesday: Didn't get to the gym because my brother came to town for a court thing having to do with his relocating, and the whole divorce thing. So got picked up from college, and we went to Chipotle with a family friend, the same person I'm renting a room from. I got a vegetarian bowl filled with black beans, yes they are vegetarian, guacamole, lettuce tomato, brown rice, cucumber, and more guacamole.

Wednesday: Very odd day- The court thing took about ten minutes total after they called my brother and his lawyer. So after that I ended up at Downtown Disney for 3 hours or more with my brother and family friend. Got dropped off at the gym, and all of a sudden exhaustion just hit me! Maybe it was being outside for so long but I was just wiped. I wasn't hungry though, so I bought a sports drink because I needed something to get me going. Then I took a Body Pump class, but didn't go too heavy because I wanted to be ready for my Spin class that my friend was instructing.
That was a very long 45 minute workout, and I wore myself out even more! But I was very happy with my attempt.

So far my workouts total 4 this week, but I'm still working on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 pm 
Elephant

After school took the bus to the gym expecting a Step class, but didn't get it. The YMCA was PACKED they had tables w/ different companies, and it was a mad house. :psycho: They also had a special group excercise schedule to sample classes. No Step, instead I tried two different dance classes. Did Zumba for 30 minutes, and then only stayed for about 10 minutes of a dance class that I just didn't like. I have no rhythm, plain and simple, I am very white! Didn't do weights because I did a full workout in yesterdays Body Pump class. So after 40 minutes I left the gym. At least I did something.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:46 pm 
Elephant

Like I said previously this week was insane! I'm glad I got to the gym as much as I did even though it wasn't as much as I would have liked.
Friday I didn't get a workouo because I had a class at 6, and had to get there by bus.

Today I worked three hours in the morning, and then walked to the Y.
I didn't have a planned workout I just knew I had to go do something, but I didn't want to do cardio, so I didn't! Instead I attacked the free weight room, and worked chest and biceps.

lbs/reps

Bench press:
10lbs-20 reps
15lbs-15reps
20-12reps
25-8
35-8

bicep curls (standing)
5lblb-20 reps
8lb-15 reps
10lbs -12 reps
12- 10
15-8

Incline press
12-20
15-15
15-12
20-8
20-8

hammer curls (seated)
5-20
8lbs- lost track but over 15
10-12
12-10
15-8

Pec flys
5-20
8-15
10-12
12-10
12-10

wide bicep curls (standing)
5-20
8-15
10-12
12-10
12-10

Not a great workout but it took about an hour I think, and it was fun. And I grunted a bit too! lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:20 pm 
Elephant

Good job HS! Keep on keeping on, old timer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 pm 
Elephant

Today I went to the gym, and did my usual routine of Step, and Body Pump. Same old same old I know. After I briefly talked to the instructor about never increasing weight, I decided to go for it. It wasn't a lot, but for the squat track I increased to a 50lb barbell. At the end of the rather long track I need some help getting it off my shoulders. After the bicep track I was in the mood for the Rocky movies, any clue as to why that might be?
Well that's about it for now. I am seeing spots so I'd better get some rest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 pm 
Elephant

Today I did two back to back workouts, and I didn't eat much during the day but I got through it much better than I thought. But I don't suggest doing this too often.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:53 pm 
Elephant

Ok I admit last week I slacked off more than I wanted to at the gym. I don't know why but last week was very hard on me, and I only found myself at the gym twice, but I got in 2 double workout which I guess kind of equals four in a way. I didn't do it on purpose, I so wanted to get in my training sessions, but it didn't happen.

Today I had an awesome week, and last week is now behind me.
Step-55 minutes @1pm
Body Pump-55minutes @2pm

I think my goal for February besides continuing at the gym, is to make sure I drink more water. Not sure why but getting enough water continues to be an issue for me. I imagine that's why my head hurts sometimes because I'm dehydrated, which is not good when you workout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:47 pm 
Elephant

No workout today because I have to study for my first math test, which is tomorrow, so I'm heading to the math center on campus.
Last night I did get to a health food store in my area, and bought some food, which included fruit, soy milk, cereal, soups, vegetarian chili, vegan hotdogs, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:09 pm 
VBB Moderator

You said the rice pudding at Maoz was so-so. How about the falafel was that any good there? I'm new to NYC so always looking for suggestions.
Also nice work with your journal. You have been one of the most active with it and they as a whole have really been getting people working together on this forum! You qualify for a prize package for sure. Give Robert a little time to get it out to you he's driving all over the place but you definitely have one coming.
Hope to see you continue to share you journal here with the group.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:46 pm 
Elephant

The falafel was well a falafel, pretty tasty, a good size, and well that's about all I can think to say about falafels!

I have been extremely busy this past month, that's why I haven't been posting. I also haven't gotten to the gym as much as I should have. :( But that's in the past and now I'm back on track. I have had some really good workouts, and I do feel like I'm starting to make some progress with toning up. I am not weighing myself because the scale lies, and makes me feel bad. But I know I am making progress, and tonight I did see it. I don't generally look in the mirror after my shower but tonight I did and I could tell that I'm getting more definition in my back, and even in my abs. So I will keep up my efforts at the gym, and I know it's paying off. :D

Here's a breakdown of some of my workouts the past few weeks.

last week- Sunday- Step, and Body Pump, Monday- Spin, Tuesday- Step, BP, that's it for the week.
week before- Sunday- Step, BP, Mon-X, Tues- Step, BP, Sat- Spin
Like I said I haven't been getting to the gym as much, but I'm going to do better. Especially after I get my Vega!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:26 pm 
Elephant

Tonight was an amazing workout, like all workouts should be!
Step was a lot of fun, and good cardio, and Body Pump, wow!
In Body Pump we had push ups not for one, nor two, but for three tracks! During chest, triceps, and shoulders, we did lots of push ups, Yeah! Not really!
Tomorrow I think will be a rest day, and Thursday will probably be a Step/strength workout.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:47 pm 
Elephant

ITS BEEN WAY TOO LONG, SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!! Last post was February 21st, yikes. I've been busy? Is that a viable excuse. I will try to catch you all up on my fitness endeavors, and vegan endeavors since the end of February.

At the beginning of March I was lucky enough to go on the vegan cruise with Robert, and 2 other people he knew. Anyway I wasn't so sure about the food in the beginning, RC can vouch for that. But I came away from the lectures, cooking demos, heavy macrobiotic influence, minus the fish, having learned a lot in a course of a week. I was most impressed with Christina Pirello, from Christina Cooks, and Dr. Neal Barnard, from PCRM. For me that week of eating really, really healthy food was almost like a detox of sorts. Not that I'm eating that way now, but it was a lesson that I could if I really wanted, and had a cook! lol.

So the rest of March, and April, was spent finishing up the Spring semester, and dealing with taking the bus everyday, which took away from how often I could work out. But looking back I did pretty well, and still got in 4-5 workouts a week.

After the Spring semsster ended, in late April I contemplated taking the Summer semester off because I was frazzled and stressed out, but in the end decided to just take two online courses instead.

The Summer session began in early May, and I started seriously looking for apartments closer to downtown Orlando. On June 1st I visited Boston, and on June 4 I got notice that I was approved for a downtown apartment. Yeah!!!
Moved in June 16, and been going full force to the gym since. On average I now do anywhere from 9-10 group exercise classes a week, and I have also incorporated running back into my weekly routine. I know I'm getting more toned, and smaller because my veganbodybuilding shirts that I got years ago fit quite nicely once more!

I restarted running when my Psychology course had an assignment to incorporate a new activity, I picked running, and of course use psychology to back up what you're thinking, learning etc. Lots of psychoanalyzation involved with running!
For the past month thios is pretty much what my workouts look like.
Sunday-Step-55 minutes, Bodypump-55 minutes, studio cycling 60 minutes
Monday-rest day
Tuesday -Run in the morning,-Step-55 minutes, Bodypump 55 minutes
Wednesday- Studio cycling- 45 minutes
Thursday- step/strength class-55 minutes
Friday- Bodypump 55 minutes
Saturday Run, beginner yoga
I also ride my bike a lot now since I live by myself and don't always want to walk, and I don't take the bus very much, so even when I don't go to the gym I'm still doing something.
Not sure if I can keep this schedule going when the fall semester begins at the end of August, but I'm going to try!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next