Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Journal of Veggie P (Melissa)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:42 am 
Stegosaurus

thendanisays wrote:
veggieprincess wrote:
Gotta check Bravo to see whats on today and schedule my cardio around my favorite shows! That's my secret to my hour or more cardio sessions. Really entertaining bad tv!

brilliant!!!

What's Zoe been up to ? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:42 pm 
Rabbit

Veggie P -

Looking great!! Best wishes on the recuperation...! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:39 pm 
Elephant

Thanks VeganNY. Feeling better daily.

Tasha... haven't seen Zoe in awhile... been watching the Housewives lately... Atlanta, OC and New York. They make for a good hour of drama :-) Some people get disgusted by these shows but if it can hold my attention for an hour of cardio... I'm in. My favorite to watch is Millionaire Matchmakers Club. I find that show so damn entertaining.

Yesterday:
1 hour stepmill

Today:
1 1/2 hours stepmill
Close Grip Pulldowns 4 x 12
Lat Raise Machine 4 x 12
Ball Crunches 4 x 90 seconds

Will try to get more weights after my PM clients.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, I'll be in Anaheim for a week in early March, FYI.

I'll be in good shape...we could do some photo shoots or something if you're interested.

Anyway, I'll be in touch soon. Have fun!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 pm 
Manatee

I didn't have time to go all through the journal, but if your photo/avatar is/are the result(s), ROCK ON!

Did you ever lose the butt fat? At 115lbs, probably so. That is really a good weight for your height. I'm a little shorter by a quarter inch.

The butt is such a problem area for me, that and all the lower half, but the stomach is actually responding to the vast amount of cardio. Each week I pinch less. I would like to just have more muscle to fill the butt in, so my rear is constantly in pain from walking lunges all over the house all the time and the other butt resistance stuff with weights. I hope it's growing. I'd like to have bigger leg and rear muscles to match my wide hips. After my daughter was born, they seemed to get wider.

I'll read more of this cool journal tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:55 pm 
Manatee

veggieprincess wrote:

WOW! You look exquisitely beautiful! And because you are vegan, you are on the inside too!

I couldn't help myself I started reading more of this. It's hard to work out with a kid.

I wanted, for some reason, to share this living room floor cardio routine I did today because it was really cold in my exercise room:

All in a series:
Sumu squat
Plank 20 seconds
Mountain Climb x 10

Repeat. That will make my heart race. I try to do it until I can't do it any more. And then I run on the mat and try to kick my own butt. Then I walk lunge side ways like a freak around the house and then regular lunges. Followed by a bunch of pulsing plie (sp?) squats with a 15lb weight, I will die from that some day! Do it over and over for 30 min. then I call the funeral director.

Veganly,
Christina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:22 am 
Rabbit

Quote:
Do it over and over for 30 min. then I call the funeral director.

That is so funny, Christina!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:05 am 
Stegosaurus

veggieprincess wrote:

The photos from this weekends shoot.

<snip>

Va Voom!!

If you don't win then we know the contest is rigged! :)

Quote:
Wish the physique was better, but what can I do? We worked with what we had

OMG! The only way the physique could get any better is if you moved it to the Washington D.C. area! :)

I'm guessing the woman thing, the figure contest mentality, and the California thing are making you second guess yourself, but,Seriously VP, I can't see how you COULD improve, there isn't anything left to get better!

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:22 pm 
Manatee

beforewisdom wrote:
Seriously VP, I can't see how you COULD improve, there isn't anything left to get better!

Right you are!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:58 pm 
Elephant

dropSoul wrote:
I try to do it until I can't do it any more. And then I run on the mat and try to kick my own butt. Then I walk lunge side ways like a freak around the house and then regular lunges. Followed by a bunch of pulsing plie (sp?) squats with a 15lb weight, I will die from that some day! Do it over and over for 30 min. then I call the funeral director.

Veganly,
Christina

that was hilarious Christina. You are one determined lady. For some reason, I can't motivate myself when I work out at home. I find every excuse in the world not to fully focus on the exercises. Sometimes I have to do it at home... but I get a much better workout in the gym.

Thank you BW. I can always count on you for an ego boost. ;-) I admit, I will secretly be very dissappointed if I don't get nominated for the contest. Hands down... I'll be very disappointed.

Great workout today.

Standing Barbell Curls 4 x 12
Skull Crushers 4 x 12
Front Delt Raises 4 x 12

One ARm DB Row 4 x 12
Tricep Pulldowns 4 x 12
Crunches 4 x 90 seconds

All performed in circuits.

Did a new cardio routine today. I actually did some jogging intervals. Even though I forbid my clients to run... I did a lil jogging. I felt my body needed some kickass intervals for a couple weeks, so I'm going to throw them along with my long stepmill sessions

Cardio
5.0 incline
Walk 5 min
Walking Lunges 45 sec
Jog 6- 8 min
Walk 8 - 10 min
Walking Lunges 45 sec
Jog 11 - 13 min
Walk 13 - 15 min
Walking Lunges 45 sec
Jog 15 - 17 min
Walk 17 - 19 min
Walking Lunges 45 sec
THEN
Stepmill Intervals for 10 min
2 min at Level 5
1 min at Level 10 doing kickbacks skipping a step
Repeat 3 times

PHEW. Was sweating like crazy. Felt good.

I have to train a client tonight and I SOOOOOOOOOOOO don't want to. I hate doing night sessions, but I gotta do it right now because I told myself I'd take some more day hours off to get back in peak condition, so that's what I'm trying to do.

My daughter is watching me type and laughing at my fingers because I type so fast. Oh, to be a kid again and find absolutely everything funny ;-)

Bye for now

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 pm 
Manatee

Rock on!

They'd be idiots if you don't get nominated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:12 pm 
Elephant

[quote="veggieprincess"]
Cardio
5.0 incline
Walk 5 min
Walking Lunges 45 sec
Jog 6- 8 min
Walk 8 - 10 min
Walking Lunges 45 sec
Jog 11 - 13 min
Walk 13 - 15 min
Walking Lunges 45 sec
Jog 15 - 17 min
Walk 17 - 19 min
Walking Lunges 45 sec

Did you do it all at 5 incline?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:30 pm 
Elephant

Thanks Christina

Vivalasvegans;
Yeah it was all done at a 5.0 incline. Actually wasn't that tough at all. I don't run full speed, do a very slow jog at the intervals. I don't like to get my heartrate ever above 150.

Today I did the same cardio routine
but with an alternating incline of 5.5 to 6.0
Walk 5 min
Lunges 45 seconds
Jog 2 min
Repeat for 20 minutes
Only had time for 5 additional minutes on the stepmill
2 min Level 5, 1:30 Level 10 with kickbacks, 1:30 Level 5... then I had to go get the rugrat.

Worked leg intervals today:
Ball squats holding 5 lb weight plates 4 x 90 seconds
Leg Curls 4x12
Barbell Deadlifts 4 x 12
Seated Calf Raise 4 x 12

I feel that I should be doing more.

I have been in a real funk lately. I am just discouraged how slow it is to see changes in the mirror. I am working so hard and I really see nothing. Now I know everyone thinks I'm being hard on myself because of the photos I just took, but you have no idea how good lighting, standing just perfectly and the right clothes can camoflauge your flaws. I promise I know the different in my body between when it is really fit and when its not... and right now, the tone is just non-existent compared to what it was a year ago. This makes me feel anxious all day long. I know I need to be patient but I want to see SOME progress. I want some of my old pants I wore last year to fit a little bit. And they just don't. I WILL be patient. I will continue tweaking cardio and working my ass off and being tight with my diet until I get there, but PLEASE GOD just throw me a little bone for all of my efforts. Give me an inch off the hips and butt... pretty please? Then again, I doubt God grant frivolous wishes such as that.

That's it for now. Just trying to keep my spirits up despite the fact I've seen zero changes in a month.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:48 pm 
Gorilla

veggieprincess wrote:
I have been in a real funk lately. I am just discouraged how slow it is to see changes in the mirror. I am working so hard and I really see nothing. Now I know everyone thinks I'm being hard on myself because of the photos I just took, but you have no idea how good lighting, standing just perfectly and the right clothes can camoflauge your flaws. I promise I know the different in my body between when it is really fit and when its not... and right now, the tone is just non-existent compared to what it was a year ago. This makes me feel anxious all day long. I know I need to be patient but I want to see SOME progress. I want some of my old pants I wore last year to fit a little bit. And they just don't. I WILL be patient. I will continue tweaking cardio and working my ass off and being tight with my diet until I get there, but PLEASE GOD just throw me a little bone for all of my efforts. Give me an inch off the hips and butt... pretty please? Then again, I doubt God grant frivolous wishes such as that.

YES! thats the feeling exactly. I couldnt have said it better myself. i feel like i am just now getting past that stage. Looking in the mirror going "hmmm...maybe 145 is a normal healthy weight for me" haha! ah the excuses we make. but honestly it helps to just accpt it. i feel like since i accepted that my body is different than it was a year ago and there's no superfast way around it, that i've made way better progress. maybe i reversed psychology'd MYSELF! Anyway, we can do this VP!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:08 pm 
Manatee

It may be cliche, but I feel your pain sistah. I've been drinking the Tulsi tea and it calms me, it's an adaptogen, like Macca in some respects, and then meditation, I even have a hypnosis mp3 on raising metabolism (very calming), and good self talk. Your really hard work will pay off massively.

Tulsi Tea: Sweet Basil anti-stress, metabolism improvement, skin tone... GOOD STUFF!
http://www.divavillage.com/article.php?id=41118
http://hinduism.about.com/od/ayurveda/a ... nefits.htm

I'm going to chug some now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next