Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Journal of Veggie P (Melissa)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:02 pm 
Elephant

Glad it's working for your Theresa. Thanks for sharing. I have heard of Tracy Anderson and researched it. I always think its good to change things up, but I think lifting heavy has its place too. But I'm glad it is working for you and you've found something your happy with.

Okay, so this weekend I can tell you I'm FINALLY seeing some real changes. I tried on a pair of pants that were tight last week, and now their a bit loose, and that's an awesome feeling.

Still no work on a start date for the project. Kim says hopefully we'll know in the next week or two.

Okay, so I just have to tell you, I had the most amazing phenomenol date last night. It's been along time since I talked about boys, huh? I think the last time I had a phenomenal date was 9 months ago. Then the emotionally damaged ex squirms his way in between just to keep me busy long enough NOT to work on finding a man that is emotionally healthy.. LMAO as I realize the truth of that statement.

So last night, I had the most amazingly wonderful date... you know... when you feel a little dizzy and lightheaded and the world kind of stops when you're around them. So far he is so wonderful in so many ways. One of the things I love the most is he's the opposite of my ex in so many ways... No myspace page... no facebook, no multiple dating sites or sites that rate your frickin picture. He understands why I have an internet presence, but he feels no need to go seek out any kind of attention for himself. Most importantly (and this is where alot of people might not agree with me)... he is a bit possessive early on, and I'm sorry, I have such a HUUUUGE place in my heart for a man who is brave enough to tell you right out of the gate what he wants... that he doesen't want me dating others... asks me to only see him and see where it goes.... That is what drew me to the ex in the first place, accept that all turned out to be a facade. Am I too much of an idealist to think that sometimes a man can come along and actually BE who they appear to be? Man, I would love to think so. And my daughter has pointed out that I definitely have a "type". Uh!!! I can't wait to see him again... okay, focus Melissa, you have work to do. LOL

Mood Today: Smitten :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:07 pm 
Manatee

Yum!

Yeah, I like a guy who wants you all to himself. Great stuff. And he's got great taste too!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:16 am 
Rabbit

I can so relate! I just started seeing someone a couple of months ago, and after over 20 years of not feeling loved or cherished, here comes this guy who is SO loving, so cute, so intelligent and the sex is the best I ever experienced. I mean, pinch me!!

I know its cause I've been working so much in myself in the last 10 years, spiritually and emotionally, and I created him to show up. He's like everything I always wanted a relationship to be and we are both kind of amazed actually. And it WAS love at first site! My girlfriend set us up (she knew him from work) on a blind date and when we first saw each other, there was this little explosion of energy....it really CAN happen! We just have to love ourselves first, and then we manifest it.

So happy for you Melissa-gotta love those endorphins! Have fun.... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:37 pm 
Elephant

It was so nice reconnecting with you. You sound like you're in a very good place, glad to hear it. Do I still sound like an east coaster or is the vibe out here growing on me yet? :D

VeggiePrincess wrote:
(and this is where alot of people might not agree with me)... he is a bit possessive early on, and I'm sorry, I have such a HUUUUGE place in my heart for a man who is brave enough to tell you right out of the gate what he wants... that he doesen't want me dating others... asks me to only see him and see where it goes.... That is what drew me to the ex in the first place, accept that all turned out to be a facade.

My heart literally melted as I was reading this; specifically at the part where he said ...asks me to see only him and see where it goes... 'non committing' yet assertive and shows you he really wants to get to know you and thinks it can work. Imo, if it feels right, embrace it, you can't worry about the possibility of it turning into a facade or what have you or you could potentially miss out on something special. I get possessive early on too, can't help it. I am glad it is well received; well hey it must be, I got Dani by by side! Who could ask for anything more!!!! Hope to touch base again soon and good luck getting that official date set for the shoot with Kim!

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:50 am 
Site Admin

Hey you, how are things?

Hope all is great! I'm in SoCal in 3 weeks :)

Take care,

Rob

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:19 pm 
Stegosaurus

Hey! VP
I think alot of people here are beginning to get a little jealous of this great guy. We are all missing you.
:popcorn:

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:06 pm 
Manatee

VeggieP is my trainer and she rocks! The best program evah!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:58 am 
Site Admin

Sweet looking website! Totally awesome! Love the new look!!!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:03 pm 
Stegosaurus

Any news to update us on? Isn't today your comp for the NPC figure?

:)

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:28 am 
Elephant

Tasha wrote:
Any news to update us on? Isn't today your comp for the NPC figure?

:)

that and I think she is doing the videos for vegan vixens isnt it. She probably doesnt have alot of time. I also noticed that she hasnt updated the fitness journey section of her website. I hope that she is doing well. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:12 am 
Finch

Keep up the good work! Just curious - what is your body fat % in your profile pic? You look amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:14 pm 
Elephant

Have I really not posted since January? OH MY WORD! Wow...

Well... I had some things happen this year that really through me for a loop. Maybe I'll get into it later... maybe I won't, but thanks for the continued support.

Currently... I am feeling pretty good about everything.

If anyone reading this is someone that has emailed me that I never responded to, I'm really really sorry about that. I went through a few months where I only could put in energy to my own stuff... helping my existing clients... and of course helping people who signed up for my Online Training program... but for awhile I lacked the patience to follow up with emails about the diet and training. It's a hard job sometimes... It requires alot of time, and soon I'm going to just be phasing out the program and writing an ebook because it simply takes too much time, but for now... I'm getting better about getting back to people and I have a several very motivated clients that are doing great! Always makes me feel good :-)

I MAY.... that that is a big MAYBE train for a show. I have given up setting these kinds of deadlines because if I do... something always seems to get in my way. But I've been training and dieting pretty consistently these past several weeks and have my sights set on a end of summer Bikini show BUT WE'LL SEE. I'm not making any promises till I have some hardcore momentum. In my world, a few weeks of solid training and diet doesen't always mean my mental focus is in check enough to complete the job. But I've recently been resinspired by some very disciplined people and I'm getting the fire in me rekindled.

I will post more LATER.

Oh... as far as the DVD Series... the rumor is we film end of September, so that would coincide nicely with the show I have my sights set on IF I TRAIN FOR IT. Again, I'm not making any promises til I'm fairly certain I'll do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:10 pm 
Gorilla

Sorry to hear things have been stressful. I know I have not e-mailed you my diet like I should be, but just wanted to let you know I have been doing pretty well with it (I think :D ) Have had some nice progress as far as body fat and abs go (you can check out my journal on here to see the progress)

Your a great inspiration to many people on here :D

http://www.fires.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/firesmusic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:16 am 
Elephant

Hey Ashley.

How's the diet and training coming?

Long tough workout tonight. I HAVE to break up my cardio because trying to do it all at once is too damn hard.

Ellyptical: 1 hr 40 minutes
15 minute fast walk

Squats 4 x 12
Lunges 4 x 15
Calf RAises 4 x 15
Leg Curls 4 x 8
Straight Leg Deadlifts 4 x 10
Preacher Curls 3 x 10 1 x 12
Barbell Curls 3 x 12
Crunches 4 x 90

I was so famished when I got home. Just had some seitan lettuce wraps with onions and peppers. So yummy. Wish I could have a glass of wine right now but I cant.

Not enough water today. Long tough workout tomorrow too. Just took some natural sleep aids so I hope they'll kick in soon.

Nighty night.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:27 am 
Elephant

1 hour cardio.

Gotta muster up some way to do at least another 30 minutes.

Not enough water today. Worked all day long on tweaking diet plans for clients and training programs. Didn't drink nearly enough water. No excuse either cuz I was home all day.

I realized that if I want to focus on my physique goals over the next couple months, I may have to really consider giving up dating. Too distracting. You get disappointed... it effects your workouts. Why oh why does it have to be so hard. Can't people just do what I want them to? (that was a joke).

I'm dating a couple people and I told one today that I didn't want to continue... So why am I sad? I ended it? I think it was because I'll miss the attention... but I was frustrated and unhappy and it was affecting my outlook. I know I did the right thing... it just seems easier for others to say "later" when they know its not working, but I get so sad... even when I'm the one saying goodbye. Like I said, I'm sure its just the attention I'll miss. He did have a very sweet side.

Anyways... life goes on

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next