Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:15 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Orange County
jan wrote:
Quote:
When I gain weight, they are truly the size of thighs. Its from my German heritage and its genetic, period.


Hello Melissa,
i am a 100% german and i had to put a lot of work in my calves to see little muscle. it is not a nations-problem:-)

But i can understand you. my beautiful wife had the same problems like you.
she is "genetic gifted". by only doing the cindy crawford video with 5 lbs dumbbells, she build big muscles :shock:

She hate it, because she had also muscular claves by doing nothing!
She want's to have skinny legs like alessandra ambrosia (a victora secret topmodel) http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&c ... a=N&tab=wi)

She go on a low carb & fat &cal diet und get sixpacks abs.
thats sensational for a girl to go on 10% bodyfat.

But that was to extreme, because i can already see her clavicle and pelvic bone.

That was a real heredity-problem.


Try to talk her out of going for a way skinny look. Muscular women are much hotter. Like Jamie Eason for example:

http://www.weselectmodels.com/view.php?id=964

I would never want skinny legs. Just very very toned and just a little less calf.

I've totally been on target and still working out like a mad women. I just never have my book handy when I sit down. I still have an hour of cardio left today. Yuck :( I just want to go to bed. He doesen't get treadmill on an incline for an hour today though. I'm walking outside on the weekends! Man, indoor cardio sucks. I miss my outdoor runs!!!!!!!!!! But I won't do anything to sabotage my efforts. I even feel a little guilty for not doing treadmill. I just didn't have time at the gym so I'll have to walk tonight.

Just for the record today was Hams, Abs, Shoulders, Quads.

_________________
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:16 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Orange County
Oh, and one more thing.... I MISS WINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

_________________
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:47 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:46 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: Atlanta, Ga
veggieprincess wrote:

Try to talk her out of going for a way skinny look. Muscular women are much hotter. Like Jamie Eason for example:

http://www.weselectmodels.com/view.php?id=964


Jamie Eason is gorgeous. I'm kind of in love with her... I met her at the Olympia Expo, she's so sweet.

I really like the muscular, tight, fit look on women. Elegant definition on the shoulders and upper arms is really nice too. I know you can achieve that look! :)

_________________
The (Vegan) Dating Coach
Buy me a drink if your gonna hit on me like that!
:glasses4: + :glasses5: = :fish:
:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 am 
I think Desiree Ficker looks really great. I remember seeing her run when she was in college and she's incredible. She's a pro triathlete but just as muscular as fitness competitors or light weight body builders.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:01 am 
Offline
Stegosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm
Posts: 3395
veganpotter wrote:
I think Desiree Ficker looks really great. I remember seeing her run when she was in college and she's incredible. She's a pro triathlete but just as muscular as fitness competitors or light weight body builders.



Yeah Potter is right !!!! :D
http://www.desireeficker.com/
Have you ever thought about training for tri's instead. You wouldn't have to worry about carbs anymore :wink:

I still like this World Ironman Champ Lori Bowden (from Victoria BC)
http://www.trimarket.com/images/2001_bowdenrun.jpg

_________________
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:15 pm 
I agree...these women are perfect examples of the fact that you don't need tons of protein to have muscle. They eat carbs and train with such volume you'd think they wouldn't have any muscle at all but no...they have more muscle than most people that spend hours lifting weights in the gym every day. Some of these women ride 350-400miles a week which is more than I average but at the same time they throw 60-100miles of running per week on top of that, then throw in about 6-8hours of swimming per week. I'm not saying they don't eat protein...they do but they focus on good carb sources first, fat then protein...this seems to be the concensus even for omnivore triathletes.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:33 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Orange County
veganpotter wrote:
I agree...these women are perfect examples of the fact that you don't need tons of protein to have muscle. They eat carbs and train with such volume you'd think they wouldn't have any muscle at all but no...they have more muscle than most people that spend hours lifting weights in the gym every day. Some of these women ride 350-400miles a week which is more than I average but at the same time they throw 60-100miles of running per week on top of that, then throw in about 6-8hours of swimming per week. I'm not saying they don't eat protein...they do but they focus on good carb sources first, fat then protein...this seems to be the concensus even for omnivore triathletes.


Josh and I will disagree with you until the cows come home about the need for high protein to build muscle Potter. :wink: :wink:

I think endurance athletes have different nutrient needs than fitness models, figure competitors and Bodybuilders. I think that this women Desiree is gorgeous and has awesome muscle tone, but I think she is the EXCEPTION to the rule. I think certain people are genetically gifted and prone to naturally build muscle and others have to work on it with high protein.

Robert feels this way too, y'know :wink: :wink:



I AM 116 TODAY!!!!!!! Yippee.

Haven't felt like posting workouts, sorry, but I'm totally on track, haven't cheated once and keep losing bodyfat and seeing some more muscle tone.

Here ya go (I know, I cropped my face again.... I'm REALLY picky about my pictures but I can totally see a difference from a week ago when I posted the other photo)

<a><img src="http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/penelopepope/endofwk1chuck-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>

_________________
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:36 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:51 am
Posts: 1106
Location: Ottawa
Wow, you're looking great VP! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:39 pm 
If you looked at the 50 pro female triathletes on the circuit you'd find the mass majority of them are as muscular as average pro fitness competitors with maybe a few percent higher fat makeup. They could easily diet down and look just like a natural bodybuilder. Also the can't all be the exception to the rule. You'll be hard pressed to find a single elite triathlete that believes high protein is the ticket...yet none of them are interested in building muscle (most want to lose muscle) but pretty much all of them have more than fitness models while not wanting any of it.

By the way...you look great :wink:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:48 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Orange County
I just don't think 1 gram per pound of bodyweight is excessive. 2 grams and up.... yes, but 1 to 1.5 .... not excessive.

_________________
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:28 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:46 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: Atlanta, Ga
veggieprincess wrote:
I just don't think 1 gram per pound of bodyweight is excessive. 2 grams and up.... yes, but 1 to 1.5 .... not excessive.


Of course, I agree. :)

It kind of bothers me the way many vegan diets stress low protein. I think it gives the illusion that we, as vegans, can't get in large amounts of protein, and concede with "well you don't need much to build muscle anyway". I used to think that it would be hard to get 200 g protein per day. Not true.... I get 200 g a day without thinking about it, which is slightly over 1 g per pound bodyweight. I eat over 50 g protein per meal, and I'm eating 5-6 times a day, so I have days where I'm easily getting 300 g a day. I find the range of 1.3-2 grams protein/pound bodyweight to be effective for muscle building. So definately not excessive.

Also, you must consider, as VeggiePrincess noted, some of the women that you have mentioned have very different goals then people in the bodybuilding/fitness industry. And even though some of those women might look muscular to you, the look they have is going to be very different than someone who is competing in BBing, according to the judges and the fitness community.

Anyways...

VeggiePrincess, you look great! I can definitely notice the changes! :D

_________________
The (Vegan) Dating Coach
Buy me a drink if your gonna hit on me like that!
:glasses4: + :glasses5: = :fish:
:usa2: :usa2: :usa2:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:52 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:55 pm
Posts: 593
Location: Billings, MT, USA
veggieprincess wrote:
I AM 116 TODAY!!!!!!! Yippee.


Happy Birthday Princess :)
You look very young for someone of 116

_________________
If you don't take care of your body, where will you live?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:13 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Orange County
One more.... Come on quad muscles!! I know your under there... lets see ya!

<a><img src="http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc14/penelopepope/P1010003.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>

_________________
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:27 pm 
Offline
Mastodon

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 am
Posts: 4814
Location: eh?
Very Nice! I Like!

Noticeable improvements!

Your carb free lifestyle is working, good job. =D>

_________________
Lifts:
250 Bench
445 Deadlift
335 Squat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:03 am 
xveganjoshx wrote:
It kind of bothers me the way many vegan diets stress low protein. I think it gives the illusion that we, as vegans, can't get in large amounts of protein, and concede with "well you don't need much to build muscle anyway". I used to think that it would be hard to get 200 g protein per day. Not true.... I get 200 g a day without thinking about it, which is slightly over 1 g per pound bodyweight. I eat over 50 g protein per meal, and I'm eating 5-6 times a day, so I have days where I'm easily getting 300 g a day. I find the range of 1.3-2 grams protein/pound bodyweight to be effective for muscle building. So definately not excessive.
Also, you must consider, as VeggiePrincess noted, some of the women that you have mentioned have very different goals then people in the bodybuilding/fitness industry. And even though some of those women might look muscular to you, the look they have is going to be very different than someone who is competing in BBing, according to the judges and the fitness community.
:D


The thing is everything we do is excessive. Our training is excessive...our obsession with improvement is obsessive and out diets are obsessive whether that be to minimize or maximize things. I have eaten 12,000 calories a day as a ruitine and that was excessive. It worked for my excessive desires and training. Its all excessive and thats what people like us are all about. As for the triathletes all I'm saying is that they have no muscular goals whatsoever and they diet they eat is to the complete opposite of what most fitness competitors eat...they train in a manner that many would see as depleting of muscle mass yet in reality in the off season when they aren't working on intensity they are even more muscular typically on even less food. I've seen many of these women in person and if they dieted for a week they'd be able to compete onstage with many top level natural BB inspite of the fact they don't even come close to 1g per lbs and the training they do is training you'd tell someone not to do because it makes people lose muscle.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group