Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:46 am 
Site Admin

hilary wright wrote:
Hey Richard, I checked out some of your videos . . . really fun! What do you shoot and edit on? Back on topic . . . enjoy your new gym!

Cool, thanks for checking out my videos :) I've been filming with a JVC digital camcorder, nothing special. I've been editing with Nero Vision and a little bit with just Windows Movie Maker. Also used Audacity to edit some of the sound effects to get them a bit more powerful for the ninja vs jason vid.

Yeah, the new gym is great, but as I haven't trained seriously for so long, I have been taking it easy on the weights, and still quite stiff each morning afterwards. Once my body can take it, I will hopefully keep a log of what I'm doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:26 am 
Manatee

The Jason/Ninja was great . . . I also liked white vrs black. Made me think of the old Mad magazine black spy vrs white spy cartoons (probably before your time) . . . good stuff. How do you like movie maker? I haven't used it. Your videos are creative without using crappy/cheesy special FX . . . very nice.
Look forward to your WO log. I am thinking of doing one when my schedule eases up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:19 am 
Site Admin

I took some pictures at the gym the other day, to show people where I'm working out, and also maybe encourage some friends. It's run by the same people as it always has been, but they moved to a new location last year which is really awesome, so a lot of my friends haven't seen the place. Much more professional and stuff now I think.

http://godfist.com/gym/

hilary wright wrote:
The Jason/Ninja was great . . . I also liked white vrs black. Made me think of the old Mad magazine black spy vrs white spy cartoons (probably before your time) . . . good stuff. How do you like movie maker? I haven't used it. Your videos are creative without using crappy/cheesy special FX . . . very nice.
Look forward to your WO log. I am thinking of doing one when my schedule eases up.

Thanks :D yeah I do remember reading some spy v spy cartoons, same kind of mentality behind them yeah :)

Movie Maker is alright, but it's not amazingly powerful. Allows you to cut things together, put some sound effects on, put text over it, some simple transitions. But it doesn't allow you to do multiple sound tracks, and there aren't any great special effects.

In Nero Vision, there are filters. I used a couple of simple filters to drain the colour out of Ninja vs Jason, so it's not as saturated or colourful, looks a bit dead / serious, and less like a home movie. Also put some grain over it to make it look aged. Those things are quite subtle, and can't be done in movie maker.

I don't think it's worth doing a special effect if it can't be done professionally / properly, I know what you mean. We did a couple shots which didn't work out as we wanted, so we just cut them out rather than leave in something half-arsed. Same applies to effects, if it's looking silly, it's best to leave it simple I think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Okay, I had a day off yesterday after going to the gym 9 days in a row. Went back today... Thinking of going back to the routine I used to follow at university rather than the one recommended to me on here, since I am more comfortable with that and feel more motivated.

Thursday
Food:
Breakfast: Marmite sandwich
Lunch: Protein shake
Dinner: Protein shake
Night time: Marmite sandwich

Drink:
Water

Exercise:
Bike - 1 hour - 325 calories
Leg raises - 20, 10, 8
Tricep pull down machine - tonnes, one set after the other with lower weights
Bicep Hammer curls - 15kg, 12.5kg, 10kg, 7.5kg, 5kg, 2.5kg all to failure one after the other with no gaps, really hurts!
Chest press machine - same kind of deal, can't remember numberz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Did Chest, Shoulders and Triceps today. Man my arms were totally destroyed by the end, I could barely stretch my arms up to take off my shirt afterwards, and it felt like hard work holding onto the steering wheel in my car.

Post subject: Re: Ninja Training & Diet Vol. 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:28 am 
Site Admin

Been ill again the last week or so, but I got back to training. Monday I played tennis for a couple of hours, then I hit the gym Wednesday and did biceps, back and legs, and today I did chest, triceps, shoulders and abs.

Hope to get back to the routine finally. Back on protein shakes. I am to eat pretty much exclusively protein shakes, steamed vegetables with some beans / pasta now and then. Feels good to have my strength back after being ill, I feel like I've been spinning my wheels for a little while, now I feel great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:20 am 
Site Admin

Today I'll be playing tennis for an hour (hopefully longer). Tomorrow and Sunday hopefully I'll be skating for an hour each day and go to the gym beforehand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

Alright! We did about 3 hours of tennis, feels good, but I am sore now, plus I have burnt my face a bit due to how hot it was today - even though I wore cream. Skating tomorrow, hopefully I won't be too sore for the gym as well

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:56 am 
Site Admin

Went to the gym today. Did 30 minutes on the bike, then hit chest with bench press, incline dumbbell press and fly machine, and did front and side shoulder raises, tricep extensions and tricep pull downs. Now I'm dead. Tennis tomorrow for a couple of hours, if the weather is good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:37 am 
Site Admin

Oy, things have been going well at the gym, I have remained motivated. However I ate quite a lot of crap yesterday which I hate looking back on. Diet has mainly been pretty good in terms of macronutrients and calories, with days like yesterday becoming fewer and fewer, hopefully I will be able to get rid of them completely soon as I get more focussed and positive in my approach.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

Owned it today, had tonnes of protein, no fat whatsoever. Good chest work out, hit it from all angles, barbell press, dumbbell press and dumbbell flies, and also did side and front shoulder raises, and tricep pull downs and extensions, boom. Hopefully hit the gym again tomorrow and hopefully some tennis also if the weather is good, I'm up in your grill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Pow pow.

Okay, doctor's orders (robert's), I am going to try and record my food again for a while to see where I am going wrong with my diet, I am sure I can improve it, and it helped me before to write it down.

GYM:
Lat pull-down
Lat resistence row
reverse sit up
bicep curl
hammer curl
leg press

FOODSZ:
Breakfast: vitamin tablets, glass of soy milk
Lunch: Protein shake
Evening: half a can of Nutolene
Evening: Protein shake
Evening: Kidney beans & cous cous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:21 am 
Site Admin

Yesterday:

FOOD:
Bowl of sweet potato, broccoli, potato and TVP and nutrish yeast flakez, yum, fills me right up
2.5 jam sandwiches
Protein shake

Okay not bad... no training though, well I did 20 push ups, whatever

Today:

FOOD (so far):
Pre-workout - protein shake
afternoon - protein shake & 6 celery sticks
Evening - sweetcorn and TVP - 2 seed crackers

TRAINING:
Bench press:
12 x 50kg + bar
8 x 60kg + bar
5 x 60kg + bar

Front shoulder raises:
3 x 8 x 10kg (each hand)

Side shoulder raises:
3 x 8 x 7.5kg

Incline Dumbbell Press:
2 x 8 x 17.5kg (each hand)
10 x 17.5kg

Tricep Extensions:
8 x 15kg
2 x 8 x 17.5kg

Bike 10 minutes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 am 
Site Admin

FOOD:
Breakfast: soy milk, vitamin tablets
Post-workout: protein shake
bowl of sweetcorn & TVP
Evening: protein shake
Late evening: protein shake

TRAINING:
Lat pull down, Lat resistance row, inverted situps, preacher curls / hammer curls / bicep curls, leg press, 20 minutes interval training on bike

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:01 pm 
Elephant

Wanted to encourage the water drinking. It will take awhile for your body to get use to the amount of increased water into your body. It is also awhile to train your body to digest the protein drinks also (which is what protein?). You will start to pee less and less as your body fills up/hydrates to its max. You still could be low in some minerals though.

Also, what is your fitness goal? It is hard to look at your diet and tell if it is good or bad depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Because if it is to put on the muscle, you won't be able to do it with the diet you have now. Bodyfat loss is what your diet is saying to me right now.

Unless you are a pro fitness person and have been doing your diet and fitness for years and years of experience, and know how to just tweak it here and there to get it to do what you want, you will not be able to gain muscle mass and lose weight/bodyfat optimally. Again optimallly.

Look at how you got sick. Your body is telling you something. I will try and speak for it if you won't listen!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next