Eat.

Troy

please feel free to comment, ask questions, or give criticisms... any information on food missing phytonutrients would be helpful too... I appreciate any type of feedback

Methods of preparation:

Blendtec 18 Amp Q-Series Smoother

Oster Steamer

Pump-N-Seal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROTEIN

Gemma Pea Protein Isolate non-GMO, Trueprotein.com

Chlorella Powder, Now Foods

Spirulina Powder, Organic, Starwest Botanicals purchased from LivesVigor.com

CARBOHYDRATES

Grains

Long Grain Brown Rice

Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal

Amylocel (Waxy Maize Starch), 75 grams on Training Days

Fruits

Bananas

Blueberries, Frozen and Frozen Fresh

Cherries, Frozen

Cranberries, Fresh

Grapefruit, Fresh

Papaya, Frozen fresh

Pineapple, Frozen

Raspberries, Frozen

Tomatoes

Vegetables

Asparagus

Broccoli

Dulce, Organic, Maine Coast Sea Vegetables

Green Beans

Green Peppers

Kale

Onions

Peas

Quinoa

Red Peppers

Spinach

Yellow Peppers

FAT - EFAs

Chia Seed, HidalgoFoods.com

DHA Flax Oil, Flora, 1 Tablespoon per day

Brazil Nuts

Sunflower Seeds

Flaxseed

TREATS

Açaí Palmberry Pulp, Frozen, Sambazon

Acerola Fruit Pulp, Frozen, Sambazon

TRAVEL FOODS

Goji Berries, Dried, Nativas Naturals purchased from iHerb.com

Vega Whole Food Energy Bars purchased from Food Fight Online Grocery in Portland

Organic Food Bar Active Greens

Walnuts

Pumpkin Seeds

SPICES

Cinnamon, Curry, Garlic, Cayenne, Ginger, Turmeric, Onion Flakes

Sea Salt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUPPLEMENTS

Vitamins/Minerals

Multiple Vitamin, Rainbow Light Energizer One, 1 Tablet cut in half for 2 divided doses

Calcium Citrate Caps, Now Foods, 15 Vcaps per day

Iron Complex, Now Foods, ½ Tablet per day

Vitamin D2, Now Foods, 1 Vcap per day

Inflammation Reduction

Ginger Root Extract, Now Foods, 1 Vcap per day

Joints

Glucosamine & MSM, Now Foods, 3 Vcaps per day

Enzymes

Plant Enzymes, Now Foods, 2 Vcaps per day

Muscle

Creatine Monohydrate, TrueProtein, about 3-4 grams per day

Branch Chain Amino Acids Instantized, TrueProtein, about 9 grams per training day

Missing Nutrients

DHA-EPA, Water4Life, 5 Vcaps per day

CoQ10, 3 Vcaps per day

Taurine, TrueProtein, about 3-4 grams per day

L-Carnosine, Now Foods, 3 Vcaps per day

Acetyl L-Carnitine, True Protein, about 3-4 grams a day

TL's TrueProtein Protein

100% Gemma Pea Protein Isolate non-GMO

TL's TrueProtein Daily Supplement Mix

60% Creatine Monohydrate

20% Acetyl L-Carnitine

20% Taurine

TL's TrueProtein Pre and Post Workout Mix

90% Amylocel (Waxy Maize Starch)

10% Branch Chain Amino Acids Instantized

NOTES

6 meals a day

Double Filtered or Spring Water throughout the day

With quinoa or rice I add a choice of organic spices (Curry, Garlic, Cayenne, Ginger, Turmeric, Onion Flakes)

I take smoothies with me to work in a Mason Jar, in a cooler with ice, vacuum sealed to minimize oxidation via the Pump-N-Seal

Sometimes I miss one of the previously mentioned meals and have been substituting meal replacement bars instead.

Although whenever possible I try to avoid the bars, the bars provide quick convenient calories and nutrition.

SUBSTITUTE FOOD BAR MEAL

Food Bars

2-3 Organic Active Greens Food Bars or Vega Bars

Example of Average Training Day Consumption:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/troyloferski/newkplan12.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/troyloferski/newkplangraphs12.jpg

Nutritional data and images courtesy of http://www.NutritionData.com

Edited by Troy

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Richard! and me too veggie princess... by chance I had copied and pasted my post (in html script) to Microsoft Word so I didn't have to put all the links back in... that would have been disastrous. Anyways, I've found that the food combining aspect of my diet is much too time consuming and is somewhat overwhelming to keep track of... I'm going back off the food combining principles and stick to having a carbs/protein/fat at each meal. I had to make an attempt to see if it was feasible. I will be editing the original post and try to incorporate more fruits and veggies and bit less grains, and a slightly modified ratio... I think that gives you two up on me!

Anyways, I've found that the food combining aspect of my diet is much too time consuming and is somewhat overwhelming to keep track of... I'm going back off the food combining principles and stick to having a carbs/protein/fat at each meal.

ha, ha.... hate to say I told ya so... but..............

I kinda saw that you were biting off more than you could chew, LITERALLY, ha, ha

I'm pretty sure he has his eating program outlined in his training journal. He posted it at one time but that might have been when we lost all the info for that month.

Indeed it was lost, everything was lost. Thanks for the reminder on the training journal, I need to update that this weekend, I haven't really started the online journal yet!... slackin

...posting us your actual meal plan you follow?

Looks good so far though.....

I updated my original post to reflect your request, thanks seitan_man! :)

you must spend a helluva lot on supplements though, I wouldn't even know where to find some of them in the UK.

So I did a cost analysis of everything I consume. These are max figures, meaning if I never miss a meal and based off of a 3300 total calories per day.

Caloric items (protein, veggies, fruits, grains, fat) = $165/week.

Supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc.) = $12/week.

Total = $177/week

Most items you can find on the net, not sure about the UK but you could inquire about shipping overseas, but may be cost prohibitive.

• 2 weeks later...
How is the nutrition coming along?

Its coming along pretty well, its not very strict on the weekend as I travel alot but other than that, its usually 5-6 meals a day. I just picked up some walnuts, flax seed, and dulce to add to the mix...

Searching far and wide for some Sambazon frozen açaí (smoothie packs). It seems that several Pick N Save's and Copps food centers carry them, but out of th 16 on the list, I've only checked 2 and neither one had it. Its the only real açaí product in stores that I know of.

• 1 month later...

I've changed up my ratios starting this month. (SEE ORIGINAL POST FOR UPDATES) Although I made alot of strength gains with my diet over the past 4 months, I don't feel I've made any significant mass gains. I upped the calories by 500-600 total, bringing the total to about 3500-3600 per day.

I kept my protein content roughly the same which is about 180-200 grams per day, but by upping the calories my protein percentage then fell to about 20%. I feel the amount of protein I get per day to be in the high range and I'd rather not exceed this as high dosages of protein may be taxing to the digestive system (liver).

My new ratios will be:

65% - Carbs

20% - Protein (180g est.)

15% - Fat

Old ratios were:

50-55% - Carbs

25-30% - Protein (190g est.)

20-25% - Fat

To an omnivore bodybuilder, the carbohydrate percentage may seem a bit high and protein percentage may seem a bit low. After reading Avi Lehyani's profile, I've decided to up the calories and match his c/f/p ratio and see what comes of it. These new percentages allow more of my fat and protein to come from my carbohydrate sources and allow me to supplement less powder protein and less oil, which is hopefully for the better. I always like to keep my protein percentage above my fat percentage as to ensure there is more protein (than fat) readily available for uptake.

Edited by Troy

Thanks for listing out your plan in such detail. It really is helpful for a beginner like me.

Can I ask why you take in more calories on off days than workout days? Does the body require more calories the day after the workout to build muscle?

And have you experimented with more greens?

Thanks again.

Personally, I am concerned about your new ratios. I'm just throwin this out there, so I hope no one (including Troy) is going to get defensive on me....

I just personally don't think 20% protein is enough to progress the way you have been. Especially since you said you haven't put on any mass gains... to reduce the protein intake further doesen't logically make sense to me. Your pictures look great and you have progressed wonderfully, so why fix it if it isn't broken? Avi has been lifting for a really really long time and it is possible that he decreased his protein after he made some major gains or it is possible that he happens to put on muscle faster than the average man.

So all I'm saying is go for it... but if you start to see things happening in your physique that you don't like, I hope you'll modify back after a few weeks of trying it. I loved and agreed 100% with your original diet that you laid out. The new ratios.... I have my doubts, so feel free to prove me wrong. I am very open-minded.

He isn't reducing the actual amount of protein, he's just increasing calories.

You can have a healthy diet and gain mass. He is right to be worried about excess protein, imo. 180-200g protein is more than enough.

ahh, ok. my bad. you're right, that is enough protein. I only read the ratios and not where he said the grams up top... carry on

(I can always count on you to correct me, can't I? )

Thanks for listing out your plan in such detail. It really is helpful for a beginner like me.

Can I ask why you take in more calories on off days than workout days? Does the body require more calories the day after the workout to build muscle?

And have you experimented with more greens?

Thanks again.

Heres my take... with respect to my training split, one or more parts of my body are usually sore everyday. This means my body is in constant repair and thus needs equal amounts of macro and micro nutrients no matter what day it is. The only real difference on a non-training day is that I don't get my post workout smoothie... I'll substitute that with a similar calorie meal that is more balanced and digests slower.

I'm not sure I understand your question about more greens? Could you elaborate? I'll take a stab anyways... 1st 4 months I was consuming 10-15 ounces of Kale or Spinach a day. This next 4 months I should average about 12 ounces. I chose Kale and Spinach because they seem to be the most nutrient dense and have a high anti-inflammatory rating according to nutritiondata.com. I was using collards for awhile, but I couldn't find a readily available organic source so I stuck with Spinach and Kale. Although, I have been using quite a bit of non-organic kale that i order in 2.5 lbs bags from a wholesaler through our foods department. Weird story about that is I was buying 2.5 lbs bags for $6 a bag and then in one week the price shot up to $11 a bag. So I might have to cut back from that supplier until the price comes back down... I wonder what caused the spike?

Yeah, you pretty much answered my question. I just wanted to know if you had more or less success in muscle building with a greater intake of greens. I try to take in as much raw greens as possible due to the great nutritional value (about a head or two a day, mixed with fruit and water). But I kind of like how you split it up throughout the day and it still adds up to the amount I take. I think I need to add more protein and will do so, following your guidelines.

$4 a pound is crazy for greens. Luckily I'm in California and we get it from our farmer's markets for about $1.50 a bunch.