Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:35 am 
Gorilla

Tuesday Mar 11 2008

6 meals

Started getting a running nose late in the day... could I be getting sick!!! :shock: Throat feels a bit swollen too! :evil:

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:42 am 
Gorilla

Wednesday Mar 11 2008

5.25 meals

Yep, its a full blown head cold!!! Its the first time I've been ill since I started the plant based diet. I'm not sure what to attribute it too... Possibly lowered the immune system due to lack of sleep the prior few nights, I also ate out to eat the night before last, could of been something I ate... someone maybe sneezed on my food! :roll: Maybe all these sick people around me overwhelmed my system.... Maybe all the vitamins and phytonutrients that I take in decided they didn't feel like being absorbed lately? Where the hell are you antioxidants!?!? Get off your lazy molecular ass and get to work! Do you sense frustration? Anyways, on the bright side I'm experimenting with something new and had a positive results yesterday... I will share the results and what I did... hopefully I continue to have the same results.... stay tuned for the mystery... 8)

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:20 am 
Rabbit

Troy wrote:
[b]Where the hell are you antioxidants!?!? Get off your lazy molecular ass and get to work! Do you sense frustration?

I hear you...I had a cold a few months ago and wasn't happy about it. But then I realized it was my first cold in over two years, after a lifetime of having three or four colds every year. All hail plant foods!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:46 am 
Gorilla

Spine wrote:
after a lifetime of having three or four colds every year. All hail plant foods!

True that... its my first cold this winter and actually winter is almost over... the seasons are starting to change and usually when that happens a head cold comes my way.

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:52 am 
Gorilla

Thursday Mar 13 2008

5 meals

Head cold - no training

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:52 am 
Gorilla

Friday Mar 14 2008

5 meals

Head cold - no training

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:53 am 
Gorilla

Saturday Mar 15 2008

5 meals

Head cold - no training

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:53 am 
Gorilla

Sunday Mar 16 2008

4 meals :cry:

Head cold - no training

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Yeah dude, it's a real pain up the ass. I was out of action for many days, hope you recover soon. When I recovered, I got a real rush, because I had been held back for so long and was busting to get going again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:11 pm 
Gorilla

Richard wrote:
Yeah dude, it's a real pain up the ass. I was out of action for many days, hope you recover soon. When I recovered, I got a real rush, because I had been held back for so long and was busting to get going again.

Back to about 90%!! Trained today but changed a few things up because of my shoulder, I'll get into that in my training log. Usually it takes me over a week to recover from a cold.

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:21 pm 
Elephant

Yeh I also got a rush when I got back to the gym from being sick last week. Glad you're feeling better Troy; this whole forum got sick last week. It was crazy.

What were you able to eat when you were sick? I was barely able to put down fruits and I could hardly drink down water. I was sleeping about 18 hrs a day for the first 3 days. Took 4 days off my training as well..

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:37 pm 
Gorilla

Troy wrote:
Wednesday Mar 11 2008
Anyways, on the bright side I'm experimenting with something new and had a positive results yesterday... I will share the results and what I did... hopefully I continue to have the same results.... stay tuned for the mystery...

So I've been trying to attack this horrid gas problem that I've had with this diet. It's hard to pinpoint something like this since so many things can be the problem.... too much powdered protein, eating too fast, eating too late in the day, eating too much fiber, etc...

Well I came across some old post regarding food combining and thought I'd give it another whirl. I tried it early on in the diet and at the time, it was too difficult and seemed too time consuming. Reason was that I was trying to spread out 6 meals into 12... each meal I was dividing into 2 meals and seperating the meals by about an hour. I ended up trying to eat all the time... which became way too time consuming and overwhelming and I didn't feel like it helped with the gas. I think the reason for that was that I was giving anything time to digest as food was always coming in.

Well this second time around I think I've been successful. Prior to this past Wednesday my eating plan looked like this:

Meal 1: Green/Berry/Ezekiel/Flax/Gemma Smoothie or Post-Workout Smoothie
Meal 2: Quinoa or Rice with Udo's Oil and maybe a tomato
Meal 3: Green/Berry/Ezekiel/Chia/Gemma Smoothie
Meal 4: Quinoa or Rice with Udo's Oil and maybe a tomato
Meal 5: Green/Berry/Ezekiel/Walnut/Gemma Smoothie
Meal 6: Quinoa or Rice

So taking some food combining advice I've decided to simply blend the fruit separately from everything else that I include in the smoothies. I will blend all the berries that I plan to consume in a day and then vacuum seal them in jars, then blend all the greens/ezekiel/fat source/gemma and do the same with those. Come meal time I consume 1 blended berry drink, wait 10-15 minutes for it to digest on its own... then consume the green smoothie following that. This is much easier to accomplish then the previous food combining efforts and this seems to have phenomenal results in the gas department. Its been cut down drastically. I tried to think mechanically as well when consuming the smoothies, I assume they travel through my system a bit easier then say chewed food, so a theory I came up with was that the rice and quinoa meals were backing up the smoothies from being digested and letting the fruit ferment? So I leave the quinoa and rice meals until the end of the day, that way when I wake up in the morning my system should have a relatively clean highway for the smoothies to pass through. So it now looks like this:

Pre-Workout: 1 Blended Whole Red Grapefruit

Meal 1: Blended Berries or (fruit from Post-Workout smoothie).... wait 15 minutes... then Green/Ezekiel/Chia/Gemma Smoothie (Protein from Post-Workout Smoothie)
Meal 2: Blended Berries.... wait 15 minutes... then Green/Ezekiel/Flax/Gemma Smoothie
Meal 3: Blended Berries.... wait 15 minutes... then Green/Ezekiel/Walnut/Gemma Smoothie
Meal 4: Blended Berries.... wait 15 minutes... then Green/Ezekiel/Combo/Gemma Smoothie
Meal 5: Quinoa or Rice with Udo's Oil and maybe a tomato
Meal 6: Quinoa or Rice

Opinions to my whacky thinking? :D

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:53 pm 
Gorilla

Lean and Green wrote:
What were you able to eat when you were sick? I was barely able to put down fruits and I could hardly drink down water. I was sleeping about 18 hrs a day for the first 3 days. Took 4 days off my training as well..

Thanks LG :wink: I ate my normal meals, tried to get all my smoothies down as they are the most nutrient dense... but as you can see fell a meal or 2 short on some days... either from lack of prep time or lack of appetite, some meals I had to force down.

Diet
Training Log

Post subject: gemma protein
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:47 pm 
Rabbit

Hello...your meal plan seems really well thought out!!! I'm wondering what sort of options and flavors (if any at all) you add to the gemma protein isolate. Also, do you know the difference between this product and just regular pea protein (like that sold by Pure Advantage)? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: gemma protein
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:55 pm 
Gorilla

justjoshin2 wrote:
Hello...your meal plan seems really well thought out!!! I'm wondering what sort of options and flavors (if any at all) you add to the gemma protein isolate. Also, do you know the difference between this product and just regular pea protein (like that sold by Pure Advantage)? Thanks!

Thanks justjoshin2, :) I don't add any flavors, although I just bought some stevia herb and have putting a 1/4 teaspoon into each smoothie now that I'm consuming the berries separately. Today I forgot to put the stevia in and I don't really mind, I like to get use to how the natural taste is. I don't know much about Pure Advantage's pea protein, other than it is also an isolate... I'm sure the AA profile is relatively similar since both are pea protein isolates.

Diet
Training Log

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next