Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:56 pm 
Gorilla

Monday Mar 17 2008

6 meals

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:28 pm 
Gorilla

Whoa... I've been away for awhile... March 17th being my last meal post.... I've been really busy with work lately and haven't felt the best... just when I started to get over my head cold, I relapsed with another one... effin A. Getting better now and am heading back to the gym tonight. The last 13 days has been sketchy for food. Averaged about 4.5 meals per day. I don't think I got down 6 full meals over the course of the past 2 weeks. Without training and being sick the appetite has been way down. We'll see if we can change that.

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:44 am 
Elephant

Great to have you back! When do you think you're fully back in action and training?

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:41 pm 
Gorilla

tuc wrote:
Great to have you back! When do you think you're fully back in action and training?

TODAY BABY. TODAY!

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:35 pm 
Rabbit

I just wanted to say I am super impressed with your results. Reading your log and seeing your pics certainly is motivating. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:29 pm 
Rabbit

I saw your youtube video. You threw in a ton of kale. I thought great, such an easy way to get greens in me until I tried some. Kale is so bitter! I went ahead anyway and threw one leaf into my smoothie and didn't notice a bitter taste at all. Yesterday I tried 3 leaves and it was still delicious. And tonight I tossed in a quarter of a head of kale it was still awesome! So thanks for the kale idea, i would never have done it on my own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:00 am 
Site Admin

I just want to say Troy Rules!

I love all the new members who are go-getters and making things happen.

Troy is one of those guys!

That's all................peace!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:52 am 
Gorilla

funkybioped wrote:
I just wanted to say I am super impressed with your results. Reading your log and seeing your pics certainly is motivating. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome and thank YOU for your interest... this whole forum has been motivating me since I joined... :)

Andreafrancis wrote:
...Kale is so bitter! ...So thanks for the kale idea, i would never have done it on my own.

Your welcome...Try freezing the Kale... Kale gets sweeter when you freeze it! :) Glad to hear you are adding one of the most nutritious foods to your smoothies!

robert wrote:
I love all the new members who are go-getters and making things happen.

Thanks Robert... I've been seeing alot more go-getters on the forum lately... community is continuing to grow in a positive direction!

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:32 pm 
Gorilla

Sorry for the lack of detail this past month... yo-yo city, work, health, travelling, ... I'm all over the place lately. Yeesh...

Update on the food intake...

over the past month I'd say I've been averaging about 4.5 meals a day. Usually 4, sometimes 5, rarely 3 or 6.

I may try extending the time in-between meals, cutting back to 5 meals a day but put an extra 125 calories in each meal... I may need to crunch the numbers to see if my stomach can handle the extra mass of food at each meal... hmmm. I think this way I may get all the calories in without skipping a meal or two. Also I think this may give my digestive system more time to digest between meals. Lately I've been only waiting about 1-2 hours between meals...

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:59 pm 
Gorilla

Made some changes over the past few weeks.

Per some peer advice, I'm discontinuing the use of Udo's oil. I am replacing the fat source with more chia, flaxseed, and walnuts. The addition of more whole foods has allowed me to reduce the amount of protein powder and Ezekiel cereal in my smoothies. 3 refined products being replaced or reduced with raw nuts and seeds in place of them. A wise choice?

I will however be in search of a high quality vegan DHA supplement.

Per Dr. Fuhrman's advice (to greatly increase the nutritional value of grains) from Eat to Live, I have started to soak quinoa and long grain brown rice for about 24 hours, rinsing about half way between the soak, and just before steaming. I'm not too knowledgeable on soaking and rinsing grains... is this sufficient?

I reduced the number of meals to 5 instead of 6. I'm finding this is much easier to do, and I have been consistently getting all 5 meals in each day for the past couple weeks.

I revised my original post to reflect my current diet, so head back to page 1 if you're curious as to what my daily concoction is now.

Diet
Training Log

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:59 pm 
Stegosaurus

Troy wrote:
I will however be in search of a high quality vegan DHA supplement.

http://www.water4.net/

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:40 pm 
Rabbit

Hey Troy

I don't really post much around here but I wanted to ask what flavor of Gemma you use from True Protein?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:55 pm 
Elephant

kevinhaney wrote:
Hey Troy

I don't really post much around here but I wanted to ask what flavor of Gemma you use from True Protein?

I will let Troy give you his own answer here, but last I checked he was drinking it hardcore badass plain.

I personally can only do that when its disguised with fruit and/or Soymilk, other than that I need some flavor. Two of my clients just ordered the Strawberry/Banana flavor and they said they give it 2 thumbs way up! :) :)

Post subject: pea protein
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:07 pm 
Rabbit

I heard the dutch chocolate was good too...I was thinking about giving it a try...do you get it sweetened with anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:24 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks veggieprincess! I was actually eyeing the banana. I think thats what I'm gonna get.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next