Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:03 pm 
Elephant

I'm hoping to do a long run on Sunday too (about 16-17 miles)... good luck. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:48 pm 
Rabbit

10:25- 1 pear, 2 clementimes

Light ride about 30 minutes

12:50- Green Smoothie with Spinach, 1 serving natural Vega, pumpkin seeds, orange, frozen bananna

4:00- Medium salad (leftover from dinner last night) + rooibos tea

6:45- 2 apples, cranberries, 1/2 pomegranate, 2 dates, bowl of strawberries

8:45- peppermint tea

carb-loading on fruit again for my long run tomorrow. everyone else at dinner tried one of the raw cranberries I was eating and gagged on how sour it was..hehehe wimps.

beat grandapa at chess tonight 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:48 pm 
Rabbit

7:45 - homemade energy bar

- 20m long run marathon training (2:45) slurrped on thrive diet energy gel througout

11:36- recovery pudding,

12:45- Smoothie w 1 serving berry vega, frozen bananna, frozen strawberries, romaine lettuce

5:00 - 2 bowls of leftover "Moroccan sweet potatoes and vegetables"

7:15- Large salad from restaurant

8:15- 2 clementimes

10- 2 1/2 slices bannana bread

The long run felt pretty good and I didn't have mucy knee of hip flexor problems at all. Gonna take it easy today, might do some pilates later. My mom requested that I make the spagetti and wheatballs for dinner again ...haha so thats a good sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:11 pm 
Elephant

bpmojo wrote:

The long run felt pretty good and I didn't have mucy knee of hip flexor problems at all. Gonna take it easy today, might do some pilates later. My mom requested that I make the spagetti and wheatballs for dinner again ...haha so thats a good sign.

I don't think I realized you've had hip flexor issues. Can you tell me more about your experience?

I'm glad the run went well. :) 20 miles is a long ways. That's probably what I'll max out at in my training.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:19 pm 
All I have to say is that I want some of your wheatballs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:25 pm 
Rabbit

pamela wrote:
I don't think I realized you've had hip flexor issues. Can you tell me more about your experience?

I haven't really had any major issues but during the 20K I did in the beginning of december it was acting up and was sore for about a week afterwards, i.e. it hurt to lift my leg up to put my socks on in the morning for a couple of days. I went to my school's trainer they did some ice/heat and STEM for about a week afterwards and that seemed to of make most of it go away. Occasionally it still acts up a little bit but doesn't really bother/impair me like it did during that race/week.

veganpotter wrote:
All I have to say is that I want some of your wheatballs.

No problem there were some leftovers so what is it like 75$ to overnight to maryland? At least thats how much temptation ice cream was charging to overnight one of their pumpkin ice cream pies from chicago to texas hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:52 am 
Rabbit

10:45- 1 pear

1- Large salad w/ 3 cups mixed greens, sweet potato, carrots, beets, sunflower seeds, black seasme seeds

4- Extra thick smoothie/ soft serve with 2 frozen bannas, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1 serving berry Vega, LOTS of unsweetned soymilk

6:40- ezekiel spaghetti and wheatballs, steamed greens

I haven't had soymilk in a long time and tonight I remembered why.... GAAAAASSSS and lots of it. hehe

Didn't end up doing any pilates just rode my bike alongside my gf as she jogged as my "recovery ride", but tomorrow may try to get in 5k tempo run if im recovered enough.

I'm meeting ed and michelle at a new years potluck brunch tomorrow and am pumped about it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:14 pm 
Did you really pay that much to get ice cream???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:19 pm 
Rabbit

veganpotter wrote:
Did you really pay that much to get ice cream???

haha heavens no, I just saw it on their website a few weeks ago and just for giggles looked to see how much it would be to overnight the pumpkin ice cream pie, since the only other option was to pick it up at their factory in chicago I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:26 pm 
It'll get to you eventually. I went the the Animal Rights Conference in DC and had it there(never heard of it before that)...after two months I was surprised to find it in abundance in Richmond, VA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:29 pm 
Rabbit

they had it at Whole Foods at the beginning of the semester, but like only one flavor and I didn't want any them, but now that I acutally wanna try some its nowhere to be found.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:29 pm 
Rabbit

9:45- 1 pear

11:45- (At Michelle and Ed's brunch potluck!)- lots of pineapple, grapes, strawberries, 2 slices spelt bananna bread, 2 small pumpkin waffles with maple syrup

4:30- 3 dates, lil bit coconut butter

warm up, 5K tempo run (20:12)

6- bananna, handful dulse

7- 1/2 serving berry Vega in water, black-eyed peas, cabbage, brown rice

10- small bowl of "moroccan sweet potatoes and vegetables, Large salad w/ 3 cups mixed greens, green beans,celery, brocolli, + 1 apple

I was pleased with my 5K time, knocked off 20 seconds or so from last week, which was 45 seconds faster than previous week! I was running a route that I hadn't done before in a neighborhood that wasn't my own and I slowed down a couple times and even stopped once completly to makes sure I was still going the right way, so otherwise I'm sure it woulda been under 20 minutes.

Meeting Ed and Michelle in person was fun and was unfortunate that we didn't get to hang out more, but I am very pumped about going back to austin to start my cycling teams winter training camp, jeez gotta get back to packing!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:33 pm 
You've gotta come up here then for a mini cycling camp :D You can get all the ice cream you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:06 am 
Rabbit

8:30- performance pancakes

- 90m Bike Ride, training with cycling team ate 2 homemade energry bars,6 oz of homemade energy gel, and coconut water throughout

5- 1 bananna

5:40- recovery pudding

6:40- 1 Serving Berry Vega in water

7:50- dinner at macrobiotic restaurant w/ White Miso, Vegetable, Wakame soup + Medium & Short Brown Rice with Pepitas+ Kidney w/ Suncheese+ Mushrooms, Carrots, Onions & Guacamole Tacos (2) + Steamed Greens+ 2 plates of salad + pickeled beets

It was mighty cold today on the ride, but I had gone out yesterday and gotten some cold gear (toe wind breaks, base layer, ear wrap thing, full finger gloves) and that helped alot. I am by far and far the leasnt experienced guy on the team and man does it show! -yesssh

anyway the ride was supposed to be 105, but the pack-leaders called the sweeper SAG car (which was basically the SAG for me and one other guy who were waaaaaaayyy behind them) and said the road they were on sucked majorly and they packed it up, so I did as they recommened and just stick my bike in the car from a certain point.

While I really wanted to get to a full century that was still the longest I have ever ridden ( second being a 70 or 65m ride during my oregan bike tour last summer) So i was pleased. jeez need to get to bed now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:29 am 
Don't worry about not doing the full 100miles. You would have been able to do it it easily with your running base.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next