Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:50 pm 
Mastodon

SeaSiren wrote:
Arms are quite spent ..... ah victory! lol

Nice! I trained arms today as well, but I'm sure you were using heavier weights than I. :wink:

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:16 pm 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
SeaSiren wrote:
Arms are quite spent ..... ah victory! lol

Nice! I trained arms today as well, but I'm sure you were using heavier weights than I. :wink:

:lol:

AM Training:
20min cardio (brisk walk) on incline tread, 4 sets upper and lower abs, stretching

PM Training:
4 sets lower back extensions
DC Calves - OMG that was intense!
Leg Curls
Squats -the floor was my friend after widow maker set :mrgreen:
Abductors
extreme stretching in between and stretching after

Training thoughts: very intense quite happy with it, however, will up my weight on the squats and leg curls next round.

Nail Salon after, they have massage chairs and do a full foot and calf massage, so it's no accident that I always schedule them on a leg day! lol

Planned:
4 sets upper and lower abs, stretching, strength and balance exercises

Eating on schedule, just trying to get them all down. Not wanting the last meal for some reason, but forcing it anyway, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:45 pm 
Mastodon

How much do you squat?

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:08 pm 
Elephant

Zack wrote:
How much do you squat?

Currently (after warm-up) 145lb for 3 sets of 8 followed by 90lbs widow maker set of 30. I weigh 114 right now. :)

I'm looking for gains but not powerlifting (or I'd be a bigger gal, re:weigh more and eat more). So my weight gains are slow but sure :)

AM Training:
20min cardio (brisk walk) on incline tread, 4 sets upper and lower abs, stretching

Running errands all morn including getting a tan in, and can't seem to quite wake up today even though I had plenty of sleep. Ah well .... still getting stuff knocked out, just "foggy" style, lol

Planned:
4 sets upper and lower abs, stretching, strength and balance exercises

Tomorrow is going to be a super busy day! Getting up at 5AM in hopes that I can get it all knocked out or something will get left undone, which is unacceptable in my book. So early bedtime tonight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:09 pm 
Mastodon

145 is not too bad. 8)

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:50 pm 
Elephant

Yesterday:
As per I thought I did not get all 3 sessions in, but did get two

Abs - 4 sets abs upper & lower

lower back ext - 4 sets

pullovers -Need to go heavier with the pullovers

Wide Grip Lat pull downs -have grip trouble with this one so used straps which due to my small hands made it worse (grip too wide, aggravated my hands), I saw some other type straps in the sports store, and thinking they might do the trick. I would hate to compromise what I can lift due to my hands.

T-Bar Rows -Found my weight for the T-Bar rows during the last rep series, so will def up it from there next round.

Rear Delts, also a new exercise for me, was freaking awesome! I felt ever rep and got the "oh yeah, that's it" feeling when doing these .... totally in love with this exercise.

Preacher Curls

Reverse Curls - my forearms were totally blown up and almost immobile (especially left arm) by now, so I switched to the lower cable in the machine and was able to better do this.
Extreme Stretch and stretching

Training thoughts:

I have small hands so all the dumbbells always seem to "wobble" on me, lol Where I prefer to use barbells for this reason, I know dumbbells won't let me compensate for my weaker side as much.
For those that followed, my episode from the attack on my left side (several months ago, seizure type and locked up ... which has continued to be a slight prob but Doc's can find nothing). I know my left side was stronger, but decided to test it, I could curl the dumbbell all day long, in fact was doubling the reps of the right arm with no sign of stopping. After I was finished preacher curls and reverse curls my left forearm was a full inch bigger! Very freaky, (was showing others at gym) the liquid build up in it was insane. Of course by the time I left the gym it had locked up again and then went into uncontrollable seizure type movements. So I am beginning to wonder, is "truly" stronger, or unable to sense or register the pain build up? I don't do individual legs, but wonder if I did, if I would have the same issue with my left leg..... maybe I can figure out what the docs can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:46 am 
Elephant

AM:
Cardio 20min on incline tread (brisk walk)
stretching

Mid-Day:
lower back ext - 4 sets
Upright Rows
Side Delts
Tricep Pushdowns (statics were freaking intense!)
extreme stretching
reg stretching

Tanning

PM:
Abs 4 sets upper and lower

Training thoughts: I'm sore other than that pretty blank here lol

Today AM:
stretching

Later today: Super Bowl Party ...... woohoo! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:02 pm 
Elephant

Training today:
4 sets lower back ext
4 sets abs, upper and lower
3 sets Rock N Burn Calves
Straight Leg Deads wu12 6-6-6
Hack Squats wu, RP, Statics, WM
Abductors 3 sets, then wm
extreme stretching in between and reg stretching after

Tanning

Planned:
20 min cardio on incline tread (brisk walk)
4 sets upper lower abs
stretching

Training Thoughts: Upped my abductors by 5lbs, hack squats were intense, loved 'em! Stayed put weight wise on the others, just couldn't seem to get anything else out. Hopefully next round.

Behind on my water intake today :oops: Rest of eating on schedule. More house cleaning and paperwork to finish before the day is out, then need to study and stay on schedule with that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:26 pm 
Elephant

AM:
stretching
bw strength & balance ex

Mid-Day:
lower back ext - 4 sets
Pullovers -wm
Rack Chins (new for me, loved 'em!) -wu, statics
BB Dead's -straight sets (4 after wu)
Rear Delts wu -set-rp
Standing Bicep Curls - wu-set-rp
Reverse Curls -wm
extreme stretching in between
reg stretching after

Training thoughts:
still sore from yesterday, so dead's were pretty weak today .... or rather no gains. 5lb increase on pull overs, 1 rep increase on rear delts, reverse curls .... problematic, tried these with DB last time and couldn't pull them off, switched to lower cable and could at a very low weight, however, my grip probs and old break (thumb) will not support the weight I can actually do, therefore, I may need to seek another exercise for this one.

Water on schedule today! However, forcing the meals .... just feel full today, lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:24 am 
Elephant

I'm going over to a 5 meal day (same daily cals and protein as before though). Which will help a bit. Will eat approx every 3 hours.

Having to live in wo gear or skirts now, totally gave up on pants, cant find any that fit properly, may have to go over to a large size for my thighs and get a belt to cinch down the rest. But for now stay in mini skirts and high boots .... luckily the look is "in"

Reverse Curls will now be switched to Hammer Curls which I know don't aggravate my hands, so will be able to lift to my ability.

Girls have Laser Tag this morning, after I'll tan, then
cardio, abs, stretching and strength ex

abs again in the PM.

Also had some new music on my MP3 last eve, and jumped on the tread for another 20 ...... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:44 pm 
Elephant

Training Today:
4 sets lower back ext
4 sets upper and lower abs
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press wu, set, RP
Side Delt Raises wm
Skull Crushers wu, set, statics
extreme stretching and normal stretching

Running around cleaning and decorating for my littlest weekend Birthday Bash and Slumber Party (2 nights). She decided on a celebrity theme, so rolling out the red carpet so to speak and decorating accordingly .... actually had to rummage through Christmas dec to find white lights and garland and such. Other than that need to actually bake the cake for the "official" party at 2 on Sat. So funny when I was a kid, the child who got the cake from the bakery was the envy and now the kids are like ..."you're so lucky, your Mom made your cake!". So my kids actually ask me to bake it. lol

After all the "celebrities" arrive, I will lock myself in my room and try to ignore the shrieks, giggles, music and dancing whilst doing 20 min cardio on incline tread (brisk walk) and PM abs. Stretching and some strength exercises.

Then finally, make the kids some snacks and TRY to get some sleep. Setting up with a movie tomorrow eve, figured they might begin to be worn out by then!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:19 am 
Elephant

I <3 heart <3 rock n burn calves. thanks ;)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:10 am 
Elephant

Lean and Green wrote:
I <3 heart <3 rock n burn calves. thanks ;)

8)

Yesterday:
Tanning

Lower Back Ext 4 sets
Abs - upper and lower 4 sets
DC Calves - 3 sets
Standing Leg Curls wu, set, rp
Leg Press, freaking intense session
Abductors 3 sets, wm
extreme stretching and reg stretching

Training thoughts: Leg Press was so intense, and was able to knock the weight up. DC Calves, was able to increase standing raises. What I find so interesting is, it was one of the most intense leg sessions I have ever done, but not one bit sore today. Very unusual for me.

Not only not been hungry last few days (which is kinda normal for me), but when I eat the thought of eating makes me want to .... well be sick. There is a stomach virus going around. And I have to wonder if I have "a touch" of it, just enough to effect my appetite.

Survived the weekend, and so did all the little one's, lol Today is cardio and abs.

Post subject: STOKED
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:22 am 
Rabbit

Hi denise I am so stoked for you :D getting to the Arnold go and "Kick Butt"
All your hard work has paid of like I said it would just did not think this fast, way to go your the best
ROBBIExxxx

Post subject: Re: STOKED
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:34 am 
Elephant

ROBBIE wrote:
Hi denise I am so stoked for you :D getting to the Arnold go and "Kick Butt"
All your hard work has paid of like I said it would just did not think this fast, way to go your the best
ROBBIExxxx

I'm still floored! Will post a separate thread for those who don't read my journal. After I wake up more and get off the tread! Wow picked top 10 Internationally for the Arnold .... wow, wow, wow! Did you see the other girls????? Like Melissa Dettwiler? Very cool! 8) It's gonna be a blast!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next